Royal Caribbean - Quantum of the Seas

icekachang72

Reaction score
how come look like kit bag inspection when going wallaby :s13:

I took this photo when on my way out to the immigration after the trip. The items were found and retained inside those check-in luggage on first day of check-in.

If you have check-in luggage and your luggage are not delivered to your room by a certain time, they are likely to be retained at their security office. You have to go personally to retrieve and subjected to luggage inspection. All unauthorized items will be kept and given back when you check-out at the end of the trip.

Reaction score
Any restrictions to bring soft drinks or other non alcoholic drinks?

Hard liquor ..detained but wine and champagne allowed to bring on board but need to hand carry. Had been bringing red wine and champagne on board since my 1st RC cruise, no issue . The security agent at cruise terminal will request for inspection. But cannot bring corkscrew. You can request corkscrew from your room attendant

Q Am I allowed to bring alcohol onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship?
A
Guests are not allowed to bring beer or spirits onboard for consumption or any other use.

Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soft drinks bottles, mouthwash, luggage, etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over-consume, provide alcohol to people under the legal drinking age, demonstrate irresponsible behaviour or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them. Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

On boarding day, guests may bring onboard two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per stateroom in their carry-on luggage. If more than two bottles of wine or champagne are brought onboard, including any alcoholic drinks purchased in ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, they will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on your last day onboard.

Guests on consecutive cruises may bring two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per voyage, per stateroom. Additional bottles will be stored by the ship and two bottles at a time will be delivered to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing more than two bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for any consecutive sailings available to share with security on boarding day.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/faq/questions/onboard-alcohol-guest-policy

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any restrictions to bring soft drinks or other non alcoholic drinks?

I always save screenshots of their policy in my mobile, in case of any disputes with the security but so far so good :s13::s13::s13: So far I have been bringing onboard red wine and bottles of mineral water.

Q What kind of food or drink am I allowed to bring onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship?
A
One of the best things about cruising is the food! And there will be many dining options available to suit most tastes and preferences. However, you are free to bring non-perishable pre-packaged food in limited quantities.

While we have many drinks available onboard, you are welcome to bring select beverages onboard.

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic drinks as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic drinks may not exceed 12 US standard (500 ml) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought onboard for infant, medical or dietary use are permitted.

Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

eric5fong

Reaction score
Thanks to all the input here, i think i know where we will be going in Penang and Phuket. However, does anyone has any ideas for Port Klang? It seem pretty ulu and KL is so far sia. Thinking of just staying on board to nua.

ixoral

Reaction score
Ya I don’t plan to disembark at Port Klang. Stay on board to enjoy their facilities. But Penang I definitely will. I’m with a party of 6, hope grab can book 6-seater in Penang :X

Thanks to all the input here, i think i know where we will be going in Penang and Phuket. However, does anyone has any ideas for Port Klang? It seem pretty ulu and KL is so far sia. Thinking of just staying on board to nua.

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

port klang ...go down to convenience shop inside cruise terminal to replenish supply..one bro mentioned that there is a coffee shop selling cooked food within walking distance..I might want to explore..

lilycll

Reaction score
port klang ...go down to convenience shop inside cruise terminal to replenish supply..one bro mentioned that there is a coffee shop selling cooked food within walking distance..I might want to explore..

It's actually a canteen selling chi char but maybe open only during weekdays. After getting past immigration go downstair via escalator. Come out by main entrance turn left all the way far end side of the terminal can see the canteen.

Better take a taxi to nearest Klang Town about 20mins away to eat Bak Kut Teh. Many shops there. Think taxi back and forth about RM80 to RM100 if hire at the taxi counter at the terminal side entrance.

lilycll

Reaction score

It's actually a canteen selling chi char but maybe open only during weekdays. After getting past immigration go downstair via escalator. Come out by main entrance turn left all the way far end side of the terminal can see the canteen.

Better take a taxi to nearest Klang Town about 20mins away to eat Bak Kut Teh. Many shops there. Think taxi back and forth about RM80 to RM100 if hire at the taxi counter at the terminal side entrance.

Can try go nearby Klang Town enjoy Bak Kut Teh.

Reaction score
Wow thanks for sharing!

I always save screenshots of their policy in my mobile, in case of any disputes with the security but so far so good :s13::s13::s13: So far I have been bringing onboard red wine and bottles of mineral water.

Q What kind of food or drink am I allowed to bring onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship?
A
One of the best things about cruising is the food! And there will be many dining options available to suit most tastes and preferences. However, you are free to bring non-perishable pre-packaged food in limited quantities.

While we have many drinks available onboard, you are welcome to bring select beverages onboard.

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic drinks as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic drinks may not exceed 12 US standard (500 ml) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought onboard for infant, medical or dietary use are permitted.

Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

datolim

Reaction score
Can try go nearby Klang Town enjoy Bak Kut Teh.

You must mean Port Klang not Klang Town which another 15 km further away.
Any way the terminal taxi prefer to take you to kl as they queue a long time to be sure they get people to kl.

tree

Reaction score
Dear all,
My old parents are Vegetarian and can't take Western food - any idea if Chinese food is served on board?

Thanks!

icekachang72

Reaction score
There are plenty of food in Windjammer that don’t contain meat ... usually there is a section that serves Indian food where most dishes are vegetarian.

Unless your parents are strict on only consuming Chinese vegetarian food then maybe have limited choices.

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
heard that there is always a long queue when collecting the complimentary tickets for tender boat at Phuket near potong beach. Are we allow to choose the time slot we want to go on shore ie collect in the morning and go on shore after lunch ?

Last edited:

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all,
My old parents are Vegetarian and can't take Western food - any idea if Chinese food is served on board?

Thanks!

There are plenty of food in Windjammer that don’t contain meat ... usually there is a section that serves Indian food where most dishes are vegetarian.

Unless your parents are strict on only consuming Chinese vegetarian food then maybe have limited choices.

bro is right..easily more than 100 dishes in windjammer, definitely not all are meat related item.

However, if you are looking for strict vegetarian food where preparation is a concern too, you may want to contact RC singapore office.

icekachang72

Reaction score
heard that there is always a long queue when collecting the complimentary tickets for tender boat at Phuket near potong beach. Are we allow to choose the time slot we want to go on shore ie collect in the morning and go on shore after lunch ?

From my previous trips, I don’t recall having tickets. The cruise will reach Phuket anchoring spot quite accurately and wait for clearance by the Thai authority. So far the disembark time also quite timely from 8am where a lot of people will get down. I choose to disembark around 10am where there is less crowd.

Reaction score
Does it take very long to disembark and take the tender boats to phuket island? Thinking of booking a local tour to Phang Nga bay with pick up at 930am but worried if not enough time to reach Phuket.

From my previous trips, I don’t recall having tickets. The cruise will reach Phuket anchoring spot quite accurately and wait for clearance by the Thai authority. So far the disembark time also quite timely from 8am where a lot of people will get down. I choose to disembark around 10am where there is less crowd.

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

10 am just nice..shopping mall just open

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.