NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Max_power

Reaction score
It was an email to check on availability for EPT, similar like the one I received in Aug. Not sure why they’re sending it again though.

I see, maybe you can check with the sender to confirm that you are required to take the test(s)? And highlight that you received a similar email in Aug.

badchoices

Reaction score
It was an email to check on availability for EPT, similar like the one I received in Aug. Not sure why they’re sending it again though.

Hi! My best guess is that they have not yet verified whether you are required to take EPT at the moment. Will take a while for them to look through your docs since you have just sent in additional docs too.

nurrbmn

Reaction score
Hi all,

To those who have been appointed successfully, did you all have to go for the medical check-up and submit further documents prior to receiving the letter of appointment or could that possibly come after?

I called moe today to enquire about my application status but I was told it was still under processing. Feeling a bit anxious since it's nearing to mid October and I read how some of yall have yet gotten any updates after your medical checkup and I wonder how long I would have to wait if my application is successful.

tasha123

Reaction score
Hi all,

I received an EPT email yesterday as well.

Went for my interview in September for English (sec) and Music (sec).

I was wondering if anyone knows whether I would need to sit for a music audition? They're considering me for music as a 2nd teaching subject even though I did not apply for it but applied for GP (JC) instead.

Do they usually have music auditions for music (sec) and those that are considered for music as a second subject?

What happens at the music audition?

Thanks so much!

juggernaut7

Reaction score
Thanks!

I received another EPT email today, which I find it odd. This is the 2nd time I’m receiving it. I wasn’t required to attend for EPT the previous time back in Aug.

Anyway, I’d like to ask:

What happens if a lady gets pregnant during the PGDE NIE course? Will it affect our performance/graduation?
Hi
If u're pregnant while in NIE, most likely u will be put on no pay lv, meaning u will not graduate with yr batch mates.

In fact, during the orientation talk, the Dean at NIE, will advise potential mum-to-be to meet him to discuss on the timeline - most likely on NPL as this will affect u financially.
I know of a friend who is pregnant, but she is lucky, she got pregnant during her compulsory contract teaching stint & deliver her baby safely, all under maternity lv and she was cleared by her schl after that to join NIE for the PGDE programme.

FabulousFarmer

Reaction score
Hi! Just went for my interview for PGDE (EL/Math).

Are there any final year undergrads here who's applying too? I wonder if our wait will be longer since we will only graduate in 2020??

Btw i do not know if my interview went okay. I was quite flustered during the 5 min presentation because it was really too weird for me to see them as primary school kids since they were quite old haha. I knew they would act like one, prepared myself for it, but still can't get over it. Kinda screw that part up for classroom management skills..

Jiayou everyone, including those who are still not done with their interviews. (Tip: just be yourself during the interview questioning. if you are really passionate they can tell. and during the 5 min presentation, be prepared for disruptions. and try ur best to imagine them as students. totally failed at that part lolol.)

Hoping to get updates from everyone in the August batch! Really anxious about the post process.

Last edited:

pinkfluffyunicorns

Reaction score

Are there any final year undergrads here who's applying too? I wonder if our wait will be longer since we will only graduate in 2020??

Btw i do not know if my interview went okay. I was quite flustered during the 5 min presentation because it was really too weird for me to see them as primary school kids since they were quite old haha. I knew they would act like one, prepared myself for it, but still can't get over it. Kinda screw that part up for classroom management skills..

Jiayou everyone, including those who are still not done with their interviews. (Tip: just be yourself during the interview questioning. if you are really passionate they can tell. and during the 5 min presentation, be prepared for disruptions. and try ur best to imagine them as students. totally failed at that part lolol.)

Hoping to get updates from everyone in the August batch! Really anxious about the post process.

Final year student here too and feeling exactly the same way. 1 month to finding out! 💪

meowyy

Reaction score

me too! applying for PGDE sec (POA). went for my interview 2 weeks ago, would love to get some updates from this thread too :) atb everyone

divannne

Reaction score
You basically answer a qn in 200 words or so. The other time they asked 2 qns and we had to choose 1 to write. One qn was about the qualities of a good teacher, and the other was what you think should be taught in kindergarten. But I went for the experienced teacher interview, so your questions might be different. All the best for your interview!

Hi guys, I'm going to the interview for MOE kindergarten teacher training programme next week and in the email, it states that I will need to complete a written task. Any idea what the task will be??

Thanks!

rosemance

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone who has their application extended till 15th of October gotten calls/emails from HR?

Me ! Haven't gotten any calls/emails/sms regarding the interview though.. Previously I received an email to fill in Annex A and then another one which says that they are in the midst of arranging the interview and will contact by 15 Oct once details are finalised hmmm...

houndsandfelines

Reaction score
Me ! Haven't gotten any calls/emails/sms regarding the interview though.. Previously I received an email to fill in Annex A and then another one which says that they are in the midst of arranging the interview and will contact by 15 Oct once details are finalised hmmm...
I see! What subjects did you apply?

earlgreymilktea

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I applied for the PGDE when I saw it in the career@gov portal. I went for the interview and am awaiting the outcome. Current status is in process.

Few days after I applied for the first application, I received another application link from my school and I applied for that (also PGDE) as well. The email stated that I will be able to start the earliest period if I get in.. hence the application. The status just changed to unsuccessful.

Basically, I applied twice (yeah wth i know i know...) and am awaiting the outcome for the first application (in progress) while the second application was recently shown as unsuccessful. Does anyone know if the unsuccessful is due to the accidental multiple application or if my overall outcome is unsuccessful?

Last edited:

FabulousFarmer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I applied for the PGDE when I saw it in the career@gov portal. I went for the interview and am awaiting the outcome. Current status is in process.

Few days after I applied for the first application, I received another application link from my school and I applied for that (also PGDE) as well. The email stated that I will be able to start the earliest period if I get in.. hence the application. The status just changed to unsuccessful.

Basically, I applied twice (yeah wth i know i know...) and am awaiting the outcome for the first application (in progress) while the second application was recently shown as unsuccessful. Does anyone know if the unsuccessful is due to the accidental multiple application or if my overall outcome is unsuccessful?

I would think it's because you applied multiple times that's why the second one was unsuccessful. I mean you already went for the interview and the 1st one is "In Process", plus I don't think rejection comes this early. They need some time.

You should email them to be sure of it!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.