Solutions for Low Water Pressure in HDB Flats

BestPilot

Reaction score
I just moved to a resale unit at level 10 in Woodlands in a 12-level HDB block. I am encountering a very low water pressure for all the water outlets in the flat.

PUB and Town council have sent someone to check water flow outside the flat and said that there is no issue with their end.

I would like to check if there are any solutions in the market for this issue? I am worried that even if I renovate and changed out all the water pipes in the flat won't solve the problem.

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
I just moved to a resale unit at level 10 in Woodlands in a 12-level HDB block. I am encountering a very low water pressure for all the water outlets in the flat.

PUB and Town council have sent someone to check water flow outside the flat and said that there is no issue with their end.

I would like to check if there are any solutions in the market for this issue? I am worried that even if I renovate and changed out all the water pipes in the flat won't solve the problem.

u can buy those shower heads that can increase pressure. The shower heads have smaller holes so when water pass thru it, the pressure will be harder.

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score

If it is the whole house, check the main shutoff water valve outside your unit, is it open all the way?

BestPilot

Reaction score
u can buy those shower heads that can increase pressure. The shower heads have smaller holes so when water pass thru it, the pressure will be harder.

I bought new shower heads with smaller holes already. The pressure is too low.

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
I bought new shower heads with smaller holes already. The pressure is too low.

i think the next best alternative is to use storage heater for showering as storage heater gets the water filled up in its container first so your pressure will be fine once the container is filled up.

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
It is opened all the way. The technicians came down, open up and proved to me.

Test it without the fittings, shutoff the main valve outside, disconnect the flexible hose at one of the taps. Use a pail to collect the discharged water. Ask another person to slowly open the main shutoff valve. Check the flowrate.

BestPilot

Reaction score
i think the next best alternative is to use storage heater for showering as storage heater gets the water filled up in its container first so your pressure will be fine once the container is filled up.

Does the storage heater has its own pump?

goodlife101

Reaction score
Is yours an instant heater? If yes, I would suggest you replace the instant heater with the model that have built-in DC pump. With DC pump you will get higher pressure but would be louder during operation. Replace with bigger valve where necessary.

BestPilot

Reaction score
Is yours an instant heater? If yes, I would suggest you replace the instant heater with the model that have built-in DC pump. With DC pump you will get higher pressure but would be louder during operation. Replace with bigger valve where necessary.

Are there any showrooms for these? Wanna know what loud the pumps are.

goodlife101

Reaction score
I have a Panasonic model with DC pump from Malaysia. The functioning pump is not loud. Just like a small fountain pump. Don't buy those with AC pump, ineffective in terms of higher water pressure. There is this guy in Carousell that sells these items.

Clock

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if it is a new estate, the pipes from outside into the house are smaller than those of older estates...

this cannot be help unless you ok to change the piping to a thicker diameter which allows more water into your home.
but the water bill will be skyrocketed...

there are devices in the market that allows you to measure water pressure on the outlet as I had seen 1 used by a technician while he was installing a water alkaline machine for my home. maybe you can buy 1 of it and try on the tap...

Type_R

Reaction score
Tried before a few of these shower head
If the pressure is low , use what head also no significant improvement
Also give up liao

member1

Banned
Reaction score

install additional water storage mini tank and a booster pump

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.