Is Motley Fool Singapore operations closing down?

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Someone told me about it. Don't know real or not. It says something about the dying Singapore stock market.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Someone told me about it. Don't know real or not. It says something about the dying Singapore stock market.

maybe people realised that passive investing outperforms stock picking? :s13: or maybe people realise that they can just read local investment blogs, because Singapore is full of investment blogs, and they realise that the quality of motley fool's analysis is not as high as some blogs (eg: the detailed analysis in investment moats)

this is unlike motley fool in other countries, which doesn't really have many investment blogs to compete against. i've actually searched quite a bit for UK investment bloggers and really, there are hardly any, compared to the Singapore scene.

Granzon

Reaction score
I think they did a credible job. A second opinion and different perspective is always helpful.

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally they closed down. This David kuo....

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT

Newtype_com

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Always see them spam emails asking you to subscribe! Sibei irritating

vivian_w

Reaction score
How about those who subscribed? Will they be given refund? No mention of that in the email.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm puzzled and don't understand, they have trouble maintaining assets to cover 3 months expenses? 150,000 subscribers paying S$200/year is S$30 million revenue per year. With less than 20 staff, how high are their expenses?

It has since grown exponentially and amassed over 150,000 subscribers. About 10,000 of them pay between S$200 to S$2000 annually

Only 10,000 out of the 150,000 subscribers pay at least $200 per year.

The rest of the subscribers may be "Free" ones.

palmy999

Reaction score
It's a pity they are closing. I personally benefited from subscribing to their services for a few years until I felt confident enough to unsubscribe.

Don't understand the comments about them spamming. I didn't get anything from them since I unsubscribed.

Opps-gal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"We regret to announce that www.sharesinv.com and its related platforms cj.sharesinv.com and aspire.sharesinv.com will be discontinued with effect from 19th October 2019.

We are in the process of refunding subscription fees to subscribers on a pro-rated basis.

Thank you for your support all these years."

Any idea what's happening?

iceblendedchoc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm puzzled and don't understand, they have trouble maintaining assets to cover 3 months expenses? 150,000 subscribers paying S$200/year is S$30 million revenue per year. With less than 20 staff, how high are their expenses?

High salary

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.