Why a lot of owners sell with tenancy?

Xueqiu

Reaction score
With merely 2%yield, and very long period before expiry.
If investment, who wants to take over with so little yield for very long.
If own stay, then cannot move in.

What reason neh?

Reaction score

What reason neh?

very good question......i also want to know why
but i already know there are really buyers who treasure the 2% yield:o:o

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m one of the buyer that bought with tenancy. But mine not too bad, left less than 3 months to tenancy ends. Earn rental income of gross 3.9%. Not bad yield.

Owner let go fully furnish so all in all I earned furnitures + remaining lease rental income.
Since I’m not in a rush to move in so let tenant finish tenancy lo.

What reason neh?

Last edited:

Xueqiu

Reaction score
That's good return.

I'm talking about those left with 1 and half years or close to 2 yrs advertisement, yet with just around 2 or below 2% yield, how does new buyer to squeeze out the last penny

I’m one of the buyer that bought with tenancy. But mine not too bad, left less than 3 months to tenancy ends. Earn rental income of gross 3.9%. Not bad yield.

Owner let go fully furnish so all in all I earned furnitures + remaining lease rental income.
Since I’m not in a rush to move in so let tenant finish tenancy lo.

Xueqiu

Reaction score
My only guess is that those are not real active sales, just hang there as bait, waste time of potential buyer and agent

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I think you're asking why a lot of buyers buy with tenancy.

Seller side, there are plenty reasons to sell. Family developments, portfolio restructuring, pay cut/job loss etc

Xueqiu

Reaction score
Or market those lease expiring soon ones lah, at least new buyer can raise rental, those lease expires in 2021 also got marketing, what for

Xueqiu

Reaction score
No, I'm asking in fact why agent will market such case, so it's about selling. But you can always a coin has two sides.

I'm not referring to buyers actively looking for a unit with long tenancy with miserable yield, before you get into such.

I think you're asking why a lot of buyers buy with tenancy.

Seller side, there are plenty reasons to sell. Family developments, portfolio restructuring, pay cut/job loss etc

dumbothecute

Reaction score

I viewed such house before
Asking price 870k. Monthly rental 1.8k
Directly facing temple

Agent ask me if I want the house. I say rental too low. I Have to Lose money for a year.

I quite like the hse for bright and spacious . But asking price so high. Rental so low.

A Better Tomorrow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Investors who are more sauvy, wants liquidity to pump into other markets. Real estate is not looking good now, even with rental yield in long term.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Similar to stock market, at the same price, some think is cheap, some think is expensive.

Think expensive sell to those who think is cheap.

No one know who's right and who's wrong, and all these can also boil down to individual strategy and portfolio management.

bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
Rental scam a lot also.

Tell you 4% rental yield but when took over, the tenant terminate due to expat clause.

Tell you 2%, not attractive, cannot sell, cannot cover mortgage.

For investment in this current market, you better pay in full. Any rental income goes to your pocket. Vacant also can avoid bank chasing you for $. And pray for capital appreciation.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.