AOC 50in 4K TV @$699

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So fast I saw it on wed or thu only...
The smart TV function quite useless if cannot download n install app.

The YouTube should be able to playback those 4k contents right? Probably go down next week since AMK hub is near my workplace.

Later I try as my bro bought one

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your "HD" movies are what resolution? Your AOC is 4k screen. As long the source is of lower resolution, there will be upscaling. So lets say you take a 720p or lower movie and play it on a 50inch 4k screen, of cos it will look crappier when compared to playing on a 40inch FHD screen.

Just because a higher resolution tv does mean everything will magically look better. Its still dependent on your source or content you are playing. So, go search for some sample native 4k clips on the web, download and play them on your AOC, See if you still think it doesnt look sharp or appear pixelated.

yes, so whether a tv has a good upscaler or not plays a big part in today's context whereby there's not many 4k contents.

Some models can upscale quite well from a 1080 contents whereas some cannot...

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So fast I saw it on wed or thu only...
The smart TV function quite useless if cannot download n install app.

The YouTube should be able to playback those 4k contents right? Probably go down next week since AMK hub is near my workplace.

Update only 1080, I try the 4k YouTube video, I try the same video on my xiaomi TV via mibox S can see the differences

For those who bought this, what kind of wall bracket do they give?

Specs available:
https://sg.aoc.com/product_television.php

Norm bracket but if u pay $20 extra to the installation guy they will change to those that can extend out.

osmond19

Reaction score
Update only 1080, I try the 4k YouTube video, I try the same video on my xiaomi TV via mibox S can see the differences

Norm bracket but if u pay $20 extra to the installation guy they will change to those that can extend out.
So a 4k tv can't load 4k contents from YouTube but only full HD? Hmm...

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So a 4k tv can't load 4k contents from YouTube but only full HD? Hmm...

Nothing unusual. Maybe the tv doesnt support VP9 codec needed for youtube 4k.

Hisense 4k models the spec sheet clearly states VP9 is supported
LnHNCLG.jpg

But for for the AOC models, dont seem to be stated anywhere that they support VP9.

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Serangoon nex ntuc also got alot of sets. Just bought a 50" uhd aoc tv @ 599

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got a 55" uhd aoc from ntuc jem @699 paid using vouchers. Good enough upgrade for my parents cheap philips led 32.

Waiting for delivery n Mount installation arrangements. Want to try to ask for extendable Mount with topup.

My mum likes to use toggle. Not sure how she can go about doing/using it.

My router a distance away. Other than a physical lan cable what else can I use to get connected.

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hi, how long was rhe bracket installation arranged

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That day u paid the sale guys should have arrange 1) TV delivery 2) installation of brakcet if opt for it

It was a weekend. The NTUC Sales guy said will arrange as the Installer Office is closed. Didn't hear from any so far.

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It was a weekend. The NTUC Sales guy said will arrange as the Installer Office is closed. Didn't hear from any so far.

Ooooo think u better call and ask esle the guy might have forgotten.

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How come sgbro said I gotta pay $119 to trade in for a swivel double arm. This $20 more is what kind of extend out bracket

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How come sgbro said I gotta pay $119 to trade in for a swivel double arm. This $20 more is what kind of extend out bracket

Anyway paid $79 for double arm swivel. The new fixed bracket still with me. TV so far so good.

Need to register online for warranty or don't need?

TV sound seems OK to parents. Wonder if a soundbar will make it better

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows how to catch EPL and all other football games on aoc tv if I don't have mio.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.