New Ginza Ichiran

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes there is now a new high class Ichiran in Ginza.
The new thing they offer is the "Natural Tonkotsu Ramen" at 1,180yen per bowl. But it isn't a regular bowl, it is a exclusive Arita ware rectangular porcelain container!

Soranews24 has the article on it here
https://soranews24.com/2019/10/03/i...gh-class-and-pricey-ginza-ichiran-this-month/

But more funny are the sarcastic comments left on the youtube viewers by Japanese viewers...

"normally ichiran is 980yen, there is no difference!"
"the arita ware was unnecessary, it should be cheaper isn't it?"
"ichiran from Hakata no? Only tourists and foreigners. Bad tasting and expensive!"
"natural tonkotsu? Are there wild pigs in Japan?"
"It is as bad as Macdonald's advertising 100% beef."
"I am a resident of Fukuoka. None of my friends will go by their own choice to eat at ichiran."
"eh.. standard ichiran with kaedama is already over 1000 yen"
"rectangular containers don't look pleasing to me"
"It says glittering ramen. I don't see what is so shiny about it."
"Ichiran, locals do not eat there"

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"ichiran from Hakata no? Only tourists and foreigners. Bad tasting and expensive!"
"I am a resident of Fukuoka. None of my friends will go by their own choice to eat at ichiran."
"Ichiran, locals do not eat there"
lol. Wife and I went to Ichiran (forgot which outlet, shinjuku maybe) and weren't impressed, but then many of our friends / HWZers were like "go die you heathen, ichiran is best ramen on earth" :s13:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol. Wife and I went to Ichiran (forgot which outlet, shinjuku maybe) and weren't impressed, but then many of our friends / HWZers were like "go die you heathen, ichiran is best ramen on earth" :s13:

They need open one in SG, sure flooded with sinkie..

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you go to outlets where there are not many tourists, they are quite empty. To me, it's still a nice bowl of ramen but that's about it. Nothing mind blowing good about it.

thwysg

Reaction score
Actually now have a pop-up stall at Takashimaya

I went over the weekend and a weekday after 2pm. The queues on both days are horrendous.

And in all my visits to Japan, I have not even been to an Ichiran stall. :s13:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went over the weekend and a weekday after 2pm. The queues on both days are horrendous.

And in all my visits to Japan, I have not even been to an Ichiran stall. :s13:

... which is selling the instant package version.

As above..instant pack version also can sell for 12 bucks..

LOL didnt know this. Blind sheeps leading more blind sheeps. I thought at the very least, they could have something more genuine other than maggie mee. They have 2 queues though, the standing counter queue is way shorter and faster.

For tonkotsu fans, I find ramen nagi much better.

thwysg

Reaction score
LOL didnt know this. Blind sheeps leading more blind sheeps. I thought at the very least, they could have something more genuine other than maggie mee. They have 2 queues though, the standing counter queue is way shorter and faster.

For tonkotsu fans, I find ramen nagi much better.

Oh I see. I only went there to kaypoh. Didn’t try. Just not too keen to eat ramen in SG, the staff doesn’t seem to be able to maintain the standards.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ichiran not good, but also not bad

average at best. Something to fill stomach

edixian

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree, just not bad but not fanstastic. I prefer ippudo whereas instill can order some side dish like gyoza to go along with my ramen. But ippudo taste diff at diff outlet and menu also somewhat diff

If you go to outlets where there are not many tourists, they are quite empty. To me, it's still a nice bowl of ramen but that's about it. Nothing mind blowing good about it.

Last edited:

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ichiran is good for customizability.

Ippudo gyozas are da bomb.

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Overrated ramen lah. Really nothing special.

Sent from Home using GAGT

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
not a big fan of ramen too, prefer ippudo cause place is bigger and they serve tea instead of water. went to the ikeda outlet near the nissin cup museum, ate the momofuku chicken ramen, not bad. the gyoza was good.

edixian

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went to the same outlet as you too in Osaka. I think it taste good there but when I had it in Shinjuku outlets (tried 2 diff outlets in shinjuku), the one in Ikeda is better.

not a big fan of ramen too, prefer ippudo cause place is bigger and they serve tea instead of water. went to the ikeda outlet near the nissin cup museum, ate the momofuku chicken ramen, not bad. the gyoza was good.

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
my mom and sis feels too salty and heavy both ippudo and the one at kuromon market.

i told them ichiran even saltier imo.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.