What to do if resident refuse to remove structure after told by MCST?

Baroness

Reaction score
My condo got some resident installed lourve windows at balcony and seal up whole balcony without approval and was told to remove it. Resident blatantly refused even after BCA notified. Legal actions need to have vote to use sinking funds and likely to drag for months.

Curious what else can be done other than legal action? Msct seems toothless end of the day?

rizhal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does it change the facade look significantly? If not much, let it go. Let people enjoy.

tanjiakpeng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's all about relative value analysis

If the cost of legal action is more than the expected devaluation (if any) of the development...I guess everyone will definitely vote against?

rider83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If MCST takes legal actions, the residents will just say it is for safety. What if the judge overwrite BCA?

Live and let live. U ownself also install the windows and enjoy some air con in your balcony ok?

chocobelle

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I installed sliding louvres doors at my balconies too
Money well spent coz it keeps the rain and dust away

Baroness

Reaction score
Tbh it looks pretty ugly cos it looks like one of those metal shutters of an old school shophouse. But I think a lot of residents unhappy coz it supposingly increase GFA unfairly for this one unit.

Then u start to see others installing awnings etc without approval and when asked to remove, they will say they only remove when xxx unit remove the enclosures :s8:

Baroness

Reaction score
No idea. Cos it's penthouse unit so maybe scared it fall off hit someone? I don't really bother la but just wondering what the mcst powers are. So they are just like CASE lah, toothless tiger :s13:

BCA care meh.. if you look at the BCA website, these are probably minor structural work that do not need approval.

https://www.bca.gov.sg/StructuralPlan/asp_02.html
Installation of any roller shutter or grilled door.

So it is the owner against the MCST

RMCWMR

Banned
Reaction score
My condo got some resident installed lourve windows at balcony and seal up whole balcony without approval and was told to remove it. Resident blatantly refused even after BCA notified. Legal actions need to have vote to use sinking funds and likely to drag for months.

Curious what else can be done other than legal action? Msct seems toothless end of the day?
Mcst can fine the owner. And if the owner don't/refuse to pay, mcst can lodge a caveat on his/her property. Next time cannot sell the unit until he/she settles all the fines

darknite84

Master Member
Reaction score
Mcst can fine the owner. And if the owner don't/refuse to pay, mcst can lodge a caveat on his/her property. Next time cannot sell the unit until he/she settles all the fines

Can also remove access cards...

sk0065

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
People got balls to install the things they like.

You no balls - only can look with jealousy, complain and hope they kena fined and etc.

Baroness

Reaction score
This is not Edmw. Asking genuine questions not because of jealousy or hope ppl get fined which doesn't benefit me in anyway :yawn:

bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
Potential cases where they do it illegal to increase their gfa and sell it at a premium.

target those buyers who do not know anything about the rule, happily buy and takeover the ****.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.