Typhoon Hagibis, ANA Flight cancellation

xxdoobxx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I booked an ANA flight to Tokyo via ANA website in September, but today my departing flight got cancelled due to the Typhoon. I tried calling ANA Global Hotline toll free, waited for close to 2 hour and then they kicked me out of the call. Since then their hotline is dead. 800-810-2448. So how to reschedule when their hotline is dead? :s22:

I even called their SG office, the Japanese guy just said 'Booked online means global hotline, local office cannot do anything.' :s11:

My question is they cancelled my departing flight. But never cancel my return flight. I read their policy it states that 'Before first flight sector: A full refund is issued, including the fare and any taxes/fees' does this include for my case since the departing flight cancelled? Cuz on their reservation system the return flight still can select change of seats. So I'm confused. :s22:

Ps: One way flight tickets direct is 1.5k sgd. Walao. :(

Anyone bros can advise or share your experience. :s11:

Departing Flight:
NH804 Singapore - Tokyo(Narita)
DEP SUN., OCT. 13, 00:35.
ARR SUN., OCT. 13, 08:45

Return Flight:
NH801 Tokyo(Narita) - Singapore
DEP SUN., OCT. 20, 18:10.
ARR MON., OCT. 21, 00:25

Last edited:

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
feel for u bro, my flight tomorrow cancelled, now in osaka...haizzz..

xxdoobxx

Reaction score
got buy insurance boh

Covered by corporate insurance. But insurance cancellation policy is you must prove that airline don't want to compensate/refund and/or if they can't reschedule your flight.

Problem is I don't even know if they cancel my return flight anot. I want to check with them also cannot cuz their hotline dead.

xxdoobxx

Reaction score
So weird that they cancelled your flight.

Narita should be fine on Sunday morning

Maybe that time typhoon already at Tohoku area.

Sian. Exactly. For SQ what they did was delay the flights instead of cancel. But for ANA you cancel and they don't give a reply

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So weird that they cancelled your flight.

Narita should be fine on Sunday morning
http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/typh/1919l.html

Maybe that time typhoon already at Tohoku area.

KdPefLxh.png

Maybe to play it safe since at 6am, outer circle still lashing Tokyo?

Edit: 8am looks fine..Mistaken timing.

Last edited:

jr_xxxi

Reaction score
Facing problem with JAL too. SQ rescheduled my 12 October 1.55pm flight to Tokyo to 13 October 1.55am (land in Tokyo at 9.50am). I'm scheduled on JAL flight to Sapporo on 13 October at 9.30am. No news of cancellation yet but I have no ways to amend my booking and the call centre closed at 6pm.

I bought insurance but it was for single trip so I guess my flight to Sapporo won't be covered? :sad:

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
corporate insurance then let corporate handle la, hurt your brain juice for what.

xxdoobxx

Reaction score
Because of this. :(

Covered by corporate insurance. But insurance cancellation policy is you must prove that airline don't want to compensate/refund and/or if they can't reschedule your flight.

Problem is I don't even know if they cancel my return flight anot. I want to check with them also cannot cuz their hotline dead.

eleutheromania

Reaction score
I bought insurance but it was for single trip so I guess my flight to Sapporo won't be covered? :sad:

A single trip means you depart from Singapore and arrives back into Singapore.

An example - Singapore to London to Amsterdam to Paris to Singapore. This is a single trip.

Another example - Singapore to Osaka to Tokyo to Singapore. This is also a single trip.

Hope it helps.

jr_xxxi

Reaction score
A single trip means you depart from Singapore and arrives back into Singapore.

An example - Singapore to London to Amsterdam to Paris to Singapore. This is a single trip.

Another example - Singapore to Osaka to Tokyo to Singapore. This is also a single trip.

Hope it helps.

Thanks! My JAL flight is cancelled :s22:

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Flights are being cancelled on Sunday morning despite typhoon may have already passed Chiba area is because:

1) the airport needs to restore their services and assess damage,

2) the transport infra leading from airport to city MAY be down (they do not want a repeat of what happened in Narita airport after typhoon Faxai last month where hordes of passengers were left stranded because JR/Keisei lines were suspended due to track damage and highways were closed)

Typhoon Faxai hit as a cat 2. Typhoon Hagibis is forecasted to be on the same track as Faxai, will hit as an expected cat 2 as well, but Hagibis is bigger in strength and area, so it is expected to cause more damage to the already-affected-by-Faxai areas, as well as more widespread damage to areas which Faxai did not touch last month. So it's inevitable that Japan infra and transport companies are taking more precautions this time round.

Last edited:

LifeIsJinHappy

Reaction score
My flight on 13 just got cancelled too. Anyone knows if insurance cap at 400/day/night, does it mean I can book one at 800/night and get reimbursed? Or only at your current stay

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My flight on 13 just got cancelled too. Anyone knows if insurance cap at 400/day/night, does it mean I can book one at 800/night and get reimbursed? Or only at your current stay

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

go read ur t&c rather than asking here cos u nv state the coy and tier that u bought.

and find out the hotline to call. what we say here might be opposite of what u are entitled to.

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Facing problem with JAL too. SQ rescheduled my 12 October 1.55pm flight to Tokyo to 13 October 1.55am (land in Tokyo at 9.50am). I'm scheduled on JAL flight to Sapporo on 13 October at 9.30am. No news of cancellation yet but I have no ways to amend my booking and the call centre closed at 6pm.

Single trip means return. Not single flight. Unless yoy specified the dates wrongly.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.