One way trip Travel Insurance

jpcd89

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone knows if there are such insurance provided in Singapore.
AIG has but it doesnt cover the medical portion.

lifeafter41

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Normally there’s a return date, just keyed it in, unless you plan to stay on long term at the destination, then probably travel insurance don’t apply.

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by “one way trip” travel medical insurance? Are you looking for “bridge” insurance because you’re relocating to another country? If so, which country?

Bupa Global sells its travel medical insurance online, and it can effectively “bridge.”

jpcd89

Reaction score
Hi BBC,

Yes, looking for a “bridge” for the first 30 days before my employer insurance kicks in. Relocating to the US.

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, looking for a “bridge” for the first 30 days before my employer insurance kicks in. Relocating to the US.
OK, if you want annual multi-trip emergency medical coverage anyway, then Bupa Global is still a good option. It typically costs about 100 British pounds. The annual plan provides emergency medical coverage for up to one month per trip, so that should be just enough. I cannot find any reason why it wouldn't cover your first month in the United States, but please check the fine print in the policy document. You can buy a one month single trip plan, but it's basically the same price.

I've done some spot checks of other plans, but they've got some defects and at least aren't much less expensive.

....But shouldn't your employer be covering this period also?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.