SRS to buy SGX, due date not T+2?

kkgkkg

Reaction score
Hi all,

I used SRS to buy some SGX stocks on date T, when I don't have sufficient amount in my SRS account. I thought due date was T+2, and so top up my SRS account on T+1. Now on T+2 I was told that I had to pay partially with cash, since their attempt in drawing fund from my SRS on T was only partially successful.

Is this correct?
Does it mean that we have to have sufficient fund in SRS account before trading?

Many thanks.

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
That is correct. For SRS the funds must be there at the end of that same trading day.

When I buy something using SRS I will transfer the money immediately after the trade is executed.

Is this correct?
Does it mean that we have to have sufficient fund in SRS account before trading?

Many thanks.

soneat

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It's a lesson learnt. :)

Yes. Anything to do with SRS...it depends on the SRS operator which can be very slow

As an example, for OCBC.
Top-Up - Should see it by end of 2nd business day excluding the top up day.
Dividend - Slower than cash account by up to 3 working days.
Dividend (where script option is offered, but u take cash) - slower than cash account by up to 5 working days.

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
SRS is due the next working day
Which bank is your srs bank? The stupid UOB if see your srs not enough money they will change the trade to cash. DUN EVER OPEN SRS with UOB. NEVER

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Yes. Anything to do with SRS...it depends on the SRS operator which can be very slow

As an example, for OCBC.
Top-Up - Should see it by end of 2nd business day excluding the top up day.
Dividend - Slower than cash account by up to 3 working days.
Dividend (where script option is offered, but u take cash) - slower than cash account by up to 5 working days.

Wah, looks like OCBC is hopeless too.
At least UOB will credit the CD to srs the next working day
omg, our local bangs all really cmi :vijayadmin:

soneat

Reaction score
In my recent encounters with OCBC for AIMS APAC REIT, it took 6 working days.

weng0202

Master Member
Reaction score

Yeah OCBC quite jialat. Sent them a secured msg through the internet banking can take more than a week to respond one.

soneat

Reaction score
Yeah OCBC quite jialat. Sent them a secured msg through the internet banking can take more than a week to respond one.

Confirm. I called to enquire my sign up promo for credit card payment - link to OCBC card. Supposed to be credited by 31 Aug. Now still checking.

SRS - I called to ask what's the expected turnaround time for dividend crediting. The CSO just happily pluck a figure from the air say 7 working days until I kpkb slam table and ask them to give me a firm answer.

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Recently OCBC the current ADB increase like got bug, I had transferred more than $1k in to meet the $500 increase, I checked online the increase is only $100plus...don’t know what’s the problem.

yoongf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using DBS for SRS? Anything negative?
Am using OCBC for SRS and seems like they not keen doing SRS account business.

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Recently OCBC the current ADB increase like got bug, I had transferred more than $1k in to meet the $500 increase, I checked online the increase is only $100plus...don’t know what’s the problem.

Hi there,

The average daily balance for the month is calculated by adding the end day balances and dividing it by the number of days in the month.

If you need assistance with the calculation, please call our hotline at 1800 363 3333 or send us a secured mail via Internet Banking / Mobile Banking.

^DG

oppoguy

Reaction score
dear experts out there
i was lucky i managed to buy some shares at a low yesterday using srs

i am expecting the shares to rise today because dow has gone up.

can i sell the shares that i have bought today?

i know of some restrictions when buying and selling with srs but cannot find the right info anywhere

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is one of the reason I moved my SRS account from OCBC to DBS....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.