Mob Manning - biz trip flight booked before date announced

stealth0128

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My flight was booked before the mob Manning period was announced. What are the chances of getting a deferment?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Contact your PS, PC, OC directly if u can. They can help push for this issue other than from the official channel.

stealth0128

Master Member
Reaction score
Contact your PS, PC, OC directly if u can. They can help push for this issue other than from the official channel.
I informed my OC yesterday too, he said no update yet. I'm quite concern because it's an important work trip. Just trying to see if anyone was in a same situation and how it went.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Hi all,

My flight was booked before the mob Manning period was announced. What are the chances of getting a deferment?

Defer it via NS portal or let your OC/PC know asap. But no guarantees. Last time my friend had exams on a Sat, but they did not approve his deferment. But yours is a very valid reason.

Last edited:

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Or TS may contact the unit's S8 or DYS8.

They are the one who deals with such matters directly.

reanimator

Reaction score
The parameters you’ve shared are sound (so the approval should be fine). Your CO might be in a busy period (or other reasons), just be patient.

Also, your deferment might most likely excuse you only during your business trip period. You might still be liable for MOB manning outside of your business trip dates. Just double check the details once it has been pushed through to your side.

FYI, the approval is usually done by CO. S8 branch does the admin work. Since your OC already knows about this, you could ask him to help push for you.

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
Ts is asking to be excused for full duration of mob manning?

Biz trip duration covers full duration of mob manning?

The parameters you’ve shared are sound (so the approval should be fine). Your CO might be in a busy period (or other reasons), just be patient.

Also, your deferment might most likely excuse you only during your business trip period. You might still be liable for MOB manning outside of your business trip dates. Just double check the details once it has been pushed through to your side.

FYI, the approval is usually done by CO. S8 branch does the admin work. Since your OC already knows about this, you could ask him to help push for you.

stealth0128

Master Member
Reaction score
Ts is asking to be excused for full duration of mob manning?

Biz trip duration covers full duration of mob manning?
I'm requesting to defer only for my biz trip period. Another reason I'm concern is because upon application, a prompt said if I don't receive a response, I'm required to show up. I find that quite unreasonable leh...

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
If u apply, say your biz trip cover only 10 days out of the manning period of 14 days, they cant let u siam the full 14 days one

At most excuse u for the 10 days
But cant pang chance u for day 11-14

When u submit to apply to be excused

If manning is due to start, chase your unit thrgh the proper chain of command to let u know lor

I'm requesting to defer only for my biz trip period. Another reason I'm concern is because upon application, a prompt said if I don't receive a response, I'm required to show up. I find that quite unreasonable leh...

stealth0128

Master Member
Reaction score
If u apply, say your biz trip cover only 10 days out of the manning period of 14 days, they cant let u siam the full 14 days one

If manning is due to start, chase your unit thrgh the proper chain of command to let u know lor
I think that's fully reasonable.

stealth0128

Master Member
Reaction score
I have attached my flight bookings in my application. Do I need to ask my HR to write a letter?

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
When did u submit the application to be partially excused from the full duration of manning?

I have attached my flight bookings in my application. Do I need to ask my HR to write a letter?

reanimator

Reaction score
I would suggest that TS should start “chasing” now. Sometimes these things might have fallen through the crack. Just periodically follow up with your commander on this.

stealth0128

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to update that my application has been approved for the duration of my trip.

No HR letter required, only submitted my flight booking.

Hope this thread provides a good reference. Thanks guys.

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
Good for u

Good luck!

Just to update that my application has been approved for the duration of my trip.

No HR letter required, only submitted my flight booking.

Hope this thread provides a good reference. Thanks guys.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.