 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the XS, is there any way to avoid having to do face authentication when tapping? Jin mafan leh.

Never. Without authentication, you card can just tap easily anywhere so long the terminal is near when your phone is stolen.

Last edited:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
For the XS, is there any way to avoid having to do face authentication when tapping? Jin mafan leh.
double tap (to launch Apple Pay) in advance before bringing the phone to the terminal.

the duration (time allowed) between authentication to terminal is quite long in my experience. so authenticate first while queuing~ :o

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just now at kfc, Apple Pay user jam up queue. Seems like still not stable?

The only way something failed can happened is between the terminal and contacting the bank. Apple Pay is nothing but just using your physical card but on a mobile instead. If it fails, means your physical card fails as well.

In summary, the terminal and communication between the bank probably failed.

CrunchTime

Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this has been covered.. does the Expense Travel Card option under Settings work for public transport? I held up my phone near the reader but nothing happens. So I still need to double tap the right side button and select my card before putting my phone against the reader.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope doesnt work in sg

Hi, sorry if this has been covered.. does the Expense Travel Card option under Settings work for public transport? I held up my phone near the reader but nothing happens. So I still need to double tap the right side button and select my card before putting my phone against the reader.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Just now at kfc, Apple Pay user jam up queue. Seems like still not stable?

Apple Pay for merchant (not bus/mrt/SimplyGo) is very stable.
jam up queue because tapping back cover and no response, or transaction rejected?

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple Pay for merchant (not bus/mrt/SimplyGo) is very stable.
jam up queue because tapping back cover and no response, or transaction rejected?

Probably user doesn’t know to authenticate first before tapping, trying to tap at weird angle then faceid unlock failed?

keechiu

Reaction score
Is the express travel card working for you guys? Mine failing to work even after I’ve set my card for it..

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple Maps Transit Directions Now Live for Hong Kong Residents, Apple Pay Octopus Officially Launches.

Apple Pay* Octopus is similar to *Apple Pay* Suica with Express Transit – users just hold the top of their iPhone or Apple Watch near an Octopus reader to use, and there's no need to unlock the device or open an app. Even if the device shuts down due to low battery, users can still use Octopus.

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/06/02/apple-maps-transit-hong-kong-apple-pay-octopus/

Meanwhile LTA is still sleeping and thinking of how to increase fares price.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple Maps Transit Directions Now Live for Hong Kong Residents, Apple Pay Octopus Officially Launches.

Apple Pay* Octopus is similar to *Apple Pay* Suica with Express Transit – users just hold the top of their iPhone or Apple Watch near an Octopus reader to use, and there's no need to unlock the device or open an app. Even if the device shuts down due to low battery, users can still use Octopus.

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/06/02/apple-maps-transit-hong-kong-apple-pay-octopus/

Singapore is always slow in adopting new technology or adopting the wrong technology lol

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

We used an in-house CEPAS standard for our transit cards, which probably makes it more complicated to integrate Express Transit support. Both HK and Japan are using the same FeliCa contactless system.

PetPet

Reaction score
Goes the extra mile to create a new standard.
Refuses to budge to smoothen out the end user experience.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.