Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don’t have my car model else I wouldn’t have gotten 3m liao. Have to look for those semi customized one.

meandexx

Reaction score
for those driving honda shuttle, do jb workshop have its spare parts, do u guys service there? dont think msia have shuttle right?

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shuttle is = Jazz/Fit doing squats with the butt protruding at maximum. I believe the internals are the same.

weeza77

Reaction score
https://imgur.com/gallery/8huboPg

Hi there, would like to seek recommendations for repair/replacement of my Mazda 3 aircon plastic. As per the attached photos, the plastic part of the aircon vent is somewhat messed up. The swirls are hard and can’t seem to be scratched/removed. Thanks in advance!

Sand down and respray or wrap. Looks like those air refreshener spilt damaged..

heroblack

Reaction score
search trapo mats on carousell. on the same set since 2 years back. easy to clean and maintain. abit ex though. but no regrets for me.

Dxlim12

Reaction score
Has anyone change ac magnetic clutch before? Would like to know the estimated cost for replacing magnetic clutch. Both in sg and bolehland.

mokkie89

Reaction score
Hi guys, noticed Hawk tayar seems to be the go to place for tyres for most people here.

Just wanted to seek your opinion on a suzuki swift with about 1year plus COE left, rear tyres require replacing. Not intending to renew COE.

Should I just change to a second hand 15" tyre in SG or would the prices at Hawk tayar still be more worth it? And if Hawk tayar is the more cost effective option, whats the ball park price for a pair of 15" tyres at Hawk tayar?

Thanks in advance for helping a noob here.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, if it was me, 1 year+ left and since I don't drive 0-100 in 5 seconds, I would just look for 2nd hand tyres on Carousell.

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, noticed Hawk tayar seems to be the go to place for tyres for most people here.

Just wanted to seek your opinion on a suzuki swift with about 1year plus COE left, rear tyres require replacing. Not intending to renew COE.

Should I just change to a second hand 15" tyre in SG or would the prices at Hawk tayar still be more worth it? And if Hawk tayar is the more cost effective option, whats the ball park price for a pair of 15" tyres at Hawk tayar?

My opinion is to go for 2nd hand. I’d look out for the following

1) make sure tyres are still kinda “fresh” in terms of manufacturing date and also there are sufficient depth to last for 1 year.
2) what is the kind of front tyres u r using. Try to find matching kind. For example if front tyres r sports tyres but back tyres r comfort tyres, it won’t gel well.

Once you use different tyres, you will need to be aware of the limitations. Hence always follow the 2 second rule and avoid cornering hard especially on rainy days.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I could head for a safer side, go for new ones rather than 2nd hand. 15" type would cost you not more than $300/4pcs.
First you have to firm up the brand and budget.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
search trapo mats on carousell. on the same set since 2 years back. easy to clean and maintain. abit ex though. but no regrets for me.

also dun have my car model..and have to go melaka to custom make or pay $50 in sg for customization...give up..

aspenco

Banned
Reaction score
also dun have my car model..and have to go melaka to custom make or pay $50 in sg for customization...give up..

I did mine last year for about rm800. Front, rear and trunk. Fully custom made. The sides of the mat are raised, makes it easier to maintain. The bottom has some anti slip material.

I believe it could be slightly cheaper for sedan. Google ottoman n check with them. Their factory is somewhere near bt indah area.

Only problem is the wait time. Roughly 2 to 3 weeks if I remember correctly.

mcferrari

Reaction score
I visit this shop yesterday, after I messed up my central lock while trying to DIY an additional gadget on my alarm and I accidentally done a wrong connection which haywire my remote lock and cant open my hood. I suspected I blown some of my fuse that is related to my lock unlock doors.

I know that KSL shops there like Ah Wee , is not recommended base on what I read from here and one time I tried to ask for some gadget installation and price skyrocket high thats why I know. But I read from here regarding RAMBO, so I just want to try as its the nearest from Woodlands.

And I find it workmanship, attitude and determination is good. It is recommended. I ask the name of the mechanic so next time I can ask him to install for me whatever I need to repair or install on my ride. The lady is the owner , but I dont her name. I talk to her also that i will post my experience in this website. Take note Im not related to this shop. I've visited previously, Carclick, Sheng Auto Accs, LCH Brothers based on the recommendation here. Its best to try different shops to know which one is worth to service and install on our rides. At least we have different alternatives . Enjoy and Safe Drive Bros.

I just want to do a follow update regarding my experience in engaging the service of this shop RAMBO Car Aircond & Accessories. After I messed up my remote lock/unlock system, I've waited for my another online gadget that cost S$20 from Aliexpress to arrive and I come back last Saturday to install it at Rambo at JB , I need to wait for around 45mins to install my newly bought gadget i.e. keyless system. Then the technician ask me what to install so I showed it to them with 2 relays that need to be installed also to convert from positive to negative using the relay. In short it was installed after 30 minutes. So I tested it and it works as what I expected basically. I didn't asked how much it will cost me to install it. Then I asked how much is the charge? I was surprised when the boss tell me RM50, I asked for my wife RM100 just in case before she go for shopping at KSL. I know its quite complicated especially installing with a relay, anyway I brought my own relay (2 pcs). What I mean is that they really give a reasonable pricing on their services. I think they are fair even you are from Singapore or local JB resident. As for this S$ 20.00 gadget , I ask quotation from Sheng Auto Aircon & Accs. they quote me RM250 vs RM 50 from RAMBO. I know from the quotation its not worth installing if from SHENG Auto. From a gadget that is worth S$20 install it at RM 250 is not worth right.

heng32

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just want to do a follow update regarding my experience in engaging the service of this shop RAMBO Car Aircond & Accessories. After I messed up my remote lock/unlock system, I've waited for my another online gadget that cost S$20 from Aliexpress to arrive and I come back last Saturday to install it at Rambo at JB , I need to wait for around 45mins to install my newly bought gadget i.e. keyless system. Then the technician ask me what to install so I showed it to them with 2 relays that need to be installed also to convert from positive to negative using the relay. In short it was installed after 30 minutes. So I tested it and it works as what I expected basically. I didn't asked how much it will cost me to install it. Then I asked how much is the charge? I was surprised when the boss tell me RM50, I asked for my wife RM100 just in case before she go for shopping at KSL. I know its quite complicated especially installing with a relay, anyway I brought my own relay (2 pcs). What I mean is that they really give a reasonable pricing on their services. I think they are fair even you are from Singapore or local JB resident. As for this S$ 20.00 gadget , I ask quotation from Sheng Auto Aircon & Accs. they quote me RM250 vs RM 50 from RAMBO. I know from the quotation its not worth installing if from SHENG Auto. From a gadget that is worth S$20 install it at RM 250 is not worth right.
Yes they are good and price reasonable. I did all my installations there. I'm a regular there, bought my own gadget and installed there. The boss charged me only 30MYR as I'm a regular customer there.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes they are good and price reasonable. I did all my installations there. I'm a regular there, bought my own gadget and installed there. The boss charged me only 30MYR as I'm a regular customer there.

Orh that shop. I did EO change there once when i was lazy to go to Ah Yuan.

I still remember their boss will inspect your car before returning it back to you.

zizou18

Reaction score
Did oil and coolant change at lch Bros today
Labour rm50, brought own oil
Spark plug rm 240 for 4 Denso iridium for Toyota from Indonesia
ATF oil change rm 140 (they supply)

All in fair price I think. Any comments ?

Sammychan

Banned
Reaction score
Did oil and coolant change at lch Bros today
Labour rm50, brought own oil
Spark plug rm 240 for 4 Denso iridium for Toyota from Indonesia
ATF oil change rm 140 (they supply)

All in fair price I think. Any comments ?
Labour for oil change $20 in sg.
Spark plug iridium denso $10 each in sg. Labour $20 to change 4.
ATF $50 labour. If with fluid $100.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.