NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Max_power

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just received a message from MOE RU saying that they will be contacting me in the next few days via a private number regarding a teaching position. Does it means its a good sign?

Weird though I applied PE and Maths but I failed PE PPT.

Think can check with them your CSes' then. Good luck!

CHICGEEK

Reaction score
For those who applied in the August batch and have already done their interviews, when will we receive the outcome of our application?

I received another job offer today and am unsure of what to do. This job is my second choice after teaching, so I'm not sure if I should accept it. But what if I don't get accepted into teaching? :( What will you do if you were in my situation?

Please help :(

Last edited:

badchoices

Reaction score
For those who applied in the August batch and have already done their interviews, when will we receive the outcome of our application?

I received another job offer today and am unsure of what to do. This job is my second choice after teaching, so I'm not sure if I should accept it. But what if I don't get accepted into teaching? :( What will you do if you were in my situation?

Hi there! Your dilemma is not unique. I believe any of us here could have been in your situation too, or if not, have considered the possibility of it happening too.

For me, I chose to avoid this dilemma by only applying for this one teaching position. Though, I do have a Plan B for if I receive an unsuccessful outcome.

The earliest you will be informed of a successful outcome should be by early November. For unsuccessful outcome, its usually within a month from the interview. However.. the entire process is usually pretty lengthy and there have been cases where an applicant only got accepted close to a year of waiting. My point is, the duration is unpredictable, and can range from 3 months to a year or more. Don’t miss out on an opportunity (your second option) just to wait out on an uncertain outcome. You could always leave that company when you received an offer from MOE. Of cos, I’m assuming your current offer does not bond you to the company. It’s a different story if it does.

Just my two cents’ worth. I would love to hear what the rest in this forum think too.

nooz17

Reaction score

you can ask for an extension of time for acceptance of the job offer. some companies allow for this. but be super extra nice when asking. ideally have a good reason for delay (which is not "waiting for another job offer" - a bit too honest lol).

Nnameless

Reaction score

As suggested below, request to delay acceptance. But usually private sectors would not let you delay for long, unless you are still studying.
(Not sure about this) If you like your second choice and don't mind it, accept it first. If MOE offers you, you can delay MOE offer. However, they might put you as just shortlisted until nearer to your delayed dates, in competition to next batch, i think).

Betomut

Reaction score
Anyone can share their experience on your interview? Like what questions would they be asking?

CHICGEEK

Reaction score
Hi there! Your dilemma is not unique. I believe any of us here could have been in your situation too, or if not, have considered the possibility of it happening too.

For me, I chose to avoid this dilemma by only applying for this one teaching position. Though, I do have a Plan B for if I receive an unsuccessful outcome.

The earliest you will be informed of a successful outcome should be by early November. For unsuccessful outcome, its usually within a month from the interview. However.. the entire process is usually pretty lengthy and there have been cases where an applicant only got accepted close to a year of waiting. My point is, the duration is unpredictable, and can range from 3 months to a year or more. Don’t miss out on an opportunity (your second option) just to wait out on an uncertain outcome. You could always leave that company when you received an offer from MOE. Of cos, I’m assuming your current offer does not bond you to the company. It’s a different story if it does.

Just my two cents’ worth. I would love to hear what the rest in this forum think too.
Thank you for your wise reply! Yes, I think it might be a good idea to accept this job offer first while waiting for MOE's reply.

CHICGEEK

Reaction score
you can ask for an extension of time for acceptance of the job offer. some companies allow for this. but be super extra nice when asking. ideally have a good reason for delay (which is not "waiting for another job offer" - a bit too honest lol).
I have already asked for extra time but unfortunately, they are unable to extend it as they have to conduct a background check which will take some time. :(

CHICGEEK

Reaction score
As suggested below, request to delay acceptance. But usually private sectors would not let you delay for long, unless you are still studying.
(Not sure about this) If you like your second choice and don't mind it, accept it first. If MOE offers you, you can delay MOE offer. However, they might put you as just shortlisted until nearer to your delayed dates, in competition to next batch, i think).
Yup, I have already asked to extend the acceptance time but they were unable to do so :( But I think I might just accept it first while waiting for MOE's reply.

earlgreymilktea

Reaction score

Hi I would ask you to accept the job and start on it first since it's also a job that you have considered. There's still a while to wait till the outcome + you won't start immediately after knowing. Better to have a backup plan anyway.

Max_power

Reaction score
Yup, I have already asked to extend the acceptance time but they were unable to do so :( But I think I might just accept it first while waiting for MOE's reply.

Agree with your approach! All the best and I hope you will join teaching eventually :)

hellothere1812

Reaction score
Hi all! Just ended my interview and honestly don’t know how to feel about it. Lasted about 25-30 mins or so. Questions were quite standard. Panel was very nice though they kept interrupting my lesson and didn’t manage to finish my lesson accordingly but they didn’t seem to make a big deal out of this (or maybe they did? Cannot really tell)

Just that they pinpointed that I talk a bit casually, with Singlish here and there (plus my main teaching subject was English... :0), so I don’t know if they factor in all these little things. But fingers crossed.

Can anyone enlighten me on what comes next? How long do you usually wait to receive good (or bad) news?
Is it true if I get rejected, they’ll most likely contact me very fast?
And for those who just got interviewed, will we be receiving letter of appointment by Nov, or Jan?

Thanks everyone and good luck :D

Dippydip

Reaction score
Did my interview last Thursday for English and History. Thought it went pretty terribly so I'm going in not expecting anything and was trying to forget the disaster ever happened. Got the email regarding the EPT however (they can't let me forget), and it's on the 19th next month. Since my interview was in early October will they be getting back to me about the application outcome before the EPT date? I understand they get back to failed applicants in like a month, but they keep on the fence applicants waiting for longer? Is that right?

Dippydip

Reaction score
Anyone can share their experience on your interview? Like what questions would they be asking?

Pretty standard stuff. Why do you want to teach, what made you consider it as a career path, what changes would you suggest to the current education system and/or what you think the system needs to improve on. They asked me about my personal life back in school as well. Nothing too crazy, just prepare for it like you would a regular job interview.

FabulousFarmer

Reaction score

Honestly I can't rly remember (it was a blur lol) but the questions they start off with are usually very standard. or tailored to your past experiences/ CCA achievements. and the following questions depended on your answers prior to the question.

They started off with asking me what was the most difficult thing I have encountered before. From there, all the questions were asked based on my answers and I was just speaking my mind so I can't remember much from there. So sorry.

All the best!!

FabulousFarmer

Reaction score
Did my interview last Thursday for English and History. Thought it went pretty terribly so I'm going in not expecting anything and was trying to forget the disaster ever happened. Got the email regarding the EPT however (they can't let me forget), and it's on the 19th next month. Since my interview was in early October will they be getting back to me about the application outcome before the EPT date? I understand they get back to failed applicants in like a month, but they keep on the fence applicants waiting for longer? Is that right?

HAHAHA disaster. Don't say it like that! Anyway, I've also gotten my EPT email. Just regarding my availability though.

Honestly the release of the application outcome will probably drag on longer than you think. I know I have not been through the entire process yet but I have been reading up and it can even take up to 9 months or so (from the interview date). You may get rejected after EPT, or even after medical check up.

And there appears to be several rounds of sieving through the applicants and rejecting them accordingly, based on competition with the existing applicants. So the earliest rejection will be in a month or so.

Not sure when will they send out the mass rejection emails so not sure if they'll get back to you before the EPT date. Plus you still got to go for a medical checkup before the official possible letter of appointment so... application outcome is probably gonna take a while.

Last edited:

Dippydip

Reaction score
HAHAHA disaster. Don't say it like that! Anyway, I've also gotten my EPT email. Just regarding my availability though.

Honestly the release of the application outcome will probably drag on longer than you think. I know I have not been through the entire process yet but I have been reading up and it can even take up to 9 months or so (from the interview date). You may get rejected after EPT, or even after medical check up.

And there appears to be several rounds of sieving through the applicants and rejecting them accordingly, based on competition with the existing applicants. So the earliest rejection will be in a month or so.

Not sure when will they send out the mass rejection emails so not sure if they'll get back to you before the EPT date. Plus you still got to go for a medical checkup before the official possible letter of appointment so... application outcome is probably gonna take a while.

Oh yikes. I guess I should just go ahead and job hunt in the meantime. I'm going to be even more of a depressed sadsack just sitting around waiting. Mine was regarding availability for the EPT day as well! Let's all hope for the best then!I'll take them not telling me anything as a good sign

FabulousFarmer

Reaction score
Oh yikes. I guess I should just go ahead and job hunt in the meantime. I'm going to be even more of a depressed sadsack just sitting around waiting. Mine was regarding availability for the EPT day as well! Let's all hope for the best then!I'll take them not telling me anything as a good sign

HAHA cheer up la!!! Yes just don't think about this at all and get on with other things in the process until you get the possible letter of appointment. All the bestttt!

Max_power

Reaction score
Hi all, I just received this:

"Your application is being considered in competition with the other candidates who are shortlisted for employment."

Not sure if anyone from the July interview batch got this too?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.