The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amazon SG or US? I have received local stock (Convergent sticker, local distro) previously from buying RAM with the PrimeNow app.

Otherwise, from what has been shared in the forums, high probability that Convergent would not cover the RMA but Corsair does have global wty with proof of purchase.

Sometimes surprisingly, buying local can be substantially cheaper than overseas eg. Crucial DDR4-3600 kits.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noticed something interesting when running Prime95 to test my updated rig for stability. I was expecting at best one core to hit the rated boost clock of 4.4 GHz. Instead I have every core hitting max of 4.6 GHz. :eek: Everything stock, no OC done, Ryzen Master not installed.

jtpigWq.jpg

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like a software glitch on your base clock showing 111.9, which should not be possible on ryzen 3.

If you extrapolate to 100, is only 4.15ghz max at 1.36v on prime 95, this sounds more reasonable.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like a software glitch on your base clock showing 111.9, which should not be possible on ryzen 3.

If you extrapolate to 100, is only 4.15ghz max at 1.36v on prime 95, this sounds more reasonable.

drats :(

humayunh

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I recently moved to Singapore, and have mostly been ordering my stuff off of amazon. I’m in the process of upgrading to a 3600 with a MSI B450 Tomahawk. The 3600 is 263 on amazon, but I was surprised that the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max is listed on Sim Lim’s price list, since it’s eternally out of stock on amazon.

So my question, where do you guys buy your hardware from? I was thinking of ordering the processor off of amazon and visiting sim Lim for the mobo. I’m still confused on the ram, the ram clock speed and timing debate still has me confused, but I was skimming this thread and read someone mention that even ram is cheaper in sg locally. Any thoughts and advice?

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I recently moved to Singapore, and have mostly been ordering my stuff off of amazon. I’m in the process of upgrading to a 3600 with a MSI B450 Tomahawk. The 3600 is 263 on amazon, but I was surprised that the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max is listed on Sim Lim’s price list, since it’s eternally out of stock on amazon.

So my question, where do you guys buy your hardware from? I was thinking of ordering the processor off of amazon and visiting sim Lim for the mobo. I’m still confused on the ram, the ram clock speed and timing debate still has me confused, but I was skimming this thread and read someone mention that even ram is cheaper in sg locally. Any thoughts and advice?

Generally you'll get a better price from Sim Lim if you buy the processor together with the motherboard. For Amazon, don't forget shipping fees + GST. RAM most people buy from Lazada, Prime Now Singapore, Newegg Singapore or sometimes Sim Lim.

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Generally you'll get a better price from Sim Lim if you buy the processor together with the motherboard. For Amazon, don't forget shipping fees + GST. RAM most people buy from Lazada, Prime Now Singapore, Newegg Singapore or sometimes Sim Lim.

Well we shall see what 11.11 and bf deals brings to the table.
Usually last resort then is to buy from SLS .

Lykadr

Reaction score
Hello. Have been using budget desktops and laptops for years, so now looking to get something more mid-range. The announcement of Ryzen 3000 CPUs got me interested in the Ryzen 3700x, and in building my own desktop PC.

Have done some research and shortlisted the following components:
  • CPU
    • Ryzen 3700X

• CPU Cooler
    • Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B 120mm Air CPU Cooler

• Motherboard
    • ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)

• Storage 1
    • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB PCIe NVMe M.2

• Storage 2
    • Old SSD SATA Drive (will upgrade to NVMe PCIe 4.0 drive in future)

• GPU
    • MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (GTX 1660 TI Ventus XS 6G OC)

• RAM
    • G.Skill Trident Z Neo (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600MHz PC4-28800 Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC (16-19-19-39)

• PSU
    • EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G3, 80 Plus Gold 550W

• Case
    • Fractal Design Meshify C - Tempered Glass - Blackout

My budget is below $2000. These components are shortlisted with $2000 as a guide, estimated using Amazon.com.

1) Are these components suitable for the 3700x?

2) Where should I be sourcing for these parts? Locally or through Amazon/Newegg?

3) I've read that its very simple to put together a desktop PC nowadays. So are these components all I need or do I need to buy screws, cables, thermal paste ... etc?

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amazon SG or US? I have received local stock (Convergent sticker, local distro) previously from buying RAM with the PrimeNow app.

Otherwise, from what has been shared in the forums, high probability that Convergent would not cover the RMA but Corsair does have global wty with proof of purchase.

Sometimes surprisingly, buying local can be substantially cheaper than overseas eg. Crucial DDR4-3600 kits.

Is Amazon sg ones confirmed supported by local RMA centres?

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now amazon app got indicate if local or overseas stocks liao

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.