[OFFICIAL] LG V50

Evolution9

Reaction score
Has been using the V50 for few weeks. Bought it because of the quad DAC for music playing. Fantastic sounding from Tidal MQA and sound quality is 70% to 80% of dedicated music DAPs worth up to $600 to $1k level. Normally I use one screen for Tidal and the other screen to surf the net. After firmware update last week, added wide mode on chrome browser and make the duo screen more useful as web page now spread to 2 screens. Negative will be battery life could be better but I think due to duo screen and I am streaming music most of the time. Weight is a bit heavy but duo screen is to be expected I guess. Just sharing with those looking for a great sounding phone for music.

calvinchoy

Reaction score
Has been using the V50 for few weeks. Bought it because of the quad DAC for music playing. Fantastic sounding from Tidal MQA and sound quality is 70% to 80% of dedicated music DAPs worth up to $600 to $1k level. Normally I use one screen for Tidal and the other screen to surf the net. After firmware update last week, added wide mode on chrome browser and make the duo screen more useful as web page now spread to 2 screens. Negative will be battery life could be better but I think due to duo screen and I am streaming music most of the time. Weight is a bit heavy but duo screen is to be expected I guess. Just sharing with those looking for a great sounding phone for music.

Great! I’m using V30 as my music player too for playing FLAC ripped from my cd collections and also bluetooth music to my car. V30 is a great overall phone, so I think V50 won’t disappoint me too.

You have updated the firmware thru LG bridge?

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score

Not an audiophile, but +1 for you :)

Evolution9

Reaction score
Great! I’m using V30 as my music player too for playing FLAC ripped from my cd collections and also bluetooth music to my car. V30 is a great overall phone, so I think V50 won’t disappoint me too.

You have updated the firmware thru LG bridge?

Got notification to update so I updated. LG quad DAC is good. Cheers.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those who bought screen protector for both dual screen and phone.. can share which one you bought and how is it so far?

Also anyone removed the dual clock on lock screen?

Last edited:

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
those who bought screen protector for both dual screen and phone.. can share which one you bought and how is it so far?

Also anyone removed the dual clock on lock screen?

Go download the app quick shortcut maker. At the top, change the incremental search to normal search. Search for clock. There is one of the items under the clock which show roaming stuff, unselect the roaming clock and press try. It should remove the korean clock.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go download the app quick shortcut maker. At the top, change the incremental search to normal search. Search for clock. There is one of the items under the clock which show roaming stuff, unselect the roaming clock and press try. It should remove the korean clock.

Hmm I did this unselected use roaming dual clock.

But it still appear leh.

Dhalsim

Reaction score
I finally addressed the battery drain issue. The NFC option was on all the time and was slowly draining the phone. Switched off since morning and observing significant improvements.

calvinchoy

Reaction score
Finally got the phone today.

You can choose English as the language in the top options in the initial setup. From there onwards all setup will be in English.

Now need to find screen protectors for the phone.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I finally addressed the battery drain issue. The NFC option was on all the time and was slowly draining the phone. Switched off since morning and observing significant improvements.

Dhalsim you managed to remove the roaming clock through app shortcut maker?

calvinchoy

Reaction score
Havent try yet, was figuring out how to do it via the settings initially but couldnt figure out how.

May I know which screen protectors you got from ezbuy? I went to a few handphone shops but non selling screen protector for LG V40/50....

Thanks.

Last edited:

calvinchoy

Reaction score

Thanks!

Finally removed the korean clock using your method. :)

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Finally removed the korean clock using your method. :)

ehhh you managed?

How come I do same thing mine still there... argh...

driving me crazy sia

PNH1STc.png

I went into here and click "Try" which brings me to the roaming clock screen.

I then uncheck the "Use Roaming Dual-Clock" but still appear leh.

pcF5qAW.png

I watch youtube they also do the same thing... but why mine cannot sia. ma de...

Last edited:

Dhalsim

Reaction score
Yup, managed to switch off the Korean Clock on the Lock screen using Shadowz1984 method

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah. Why I cannot sia.

Dhalsim did you do factory reset again when you got the phone?

n.jjohn

Reaction score
After firmware update last week, added wide mode on chrome browser and make the duo screen more useful as web page now spread to 2 screens.

But the second screen is of different size. So how does the webpage flow to the second screen (some parts cut off?)?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.