Use ringgit or credit card

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all. Wanna get some advice.

I will be spending about 9000rm in johor.

Should I use cash meaning change my sgd to ringgit or use a cashback credit card? I have the standard chartered Manhattan card that will give 3 percent rebate which amounts to $90sgd.

I know using a cc overseas will incur some charges or what not. Can advise which is better?

linuskltan

Reaction score
Standard Chartered credit cards have the highest foreign currency fees among the bank, 3.5%. So it's net 0.5% fees.

cassowary18

Reaction score
Hi all. Wanna get some advice.

I will be spending about 9000rm in johor.

Should I use cash meaning change my sgd to ringgit or use a cashback credit card? I have the standard chartered Manhattan card that will give 3 percent rebate which amounts to $90sgd.

I know using a cc overseas will incur some charges or what not. Can advise which is better?

If you don't want to carry cash, can try Youtrip. There are ways to get cashback for youtrip, but cannot piciak lobang here. If you search hard enough you'll find.

Alternative, Amex True Cashback card with the promo extra 1% cashback for FCY spending, end up net 0%. If you're on the welcome offer of 3%, with the extra 1% and deducting the FX fee of 2.5% you're still 1.5% ahead.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.