[OFFICIAL] LG V50

eddy0505

Reaction score
The 5g logo lights up the same color as your dual screen led light when there's notification;)

calvinchoy

Reaction score
After few days of usage still trying to make full use of the dual screen...

And also after closing the dual screen on and off needs to open the cover to check the time and any missed notifications/calls.

:s22::s22::s22:

meet_nanda

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You are correct. This has been taken care of in the new V50s dual screen. The second screen of V50s has a small display outside for clock and notifications.

After few days of usage still trying to make full use of the dual screen...

And also after closing the dual screen on and off needs to open the cover to check the time and any missed notifications/calls.

:s22::s22::s22:

eddy0505

Reaction score
You are correct. This has been taken care of in the new V50s dual screen. The second screen of V50s has a small display outside for clock and notifications.

Not really a big issue for me. U will know how to optimize lg v50 if you are a heavy user/ use it long enough

1. If im putting my phone on the table, the led light on dual screen or the 5g light up will alert me of any notifications

2. If time and you want to see which app notifications you received, just flip the dual screen to the back and use it as a single screen phone

3. For those who doesnt really use dual screen much, probably not a heavy user/don't really multitask. For work/multitasking it has been really useful for me(especially the keyboard and wide mode chrome)

4. The only complaint is the battery life. Would have been delightful if they opted for rechargeable dual screen accessory so that it doesnt drain juice out of the phone

Just my 2 cents

calvinchoy

Reaction score
Not really a big issue for me. U will know how to optimize lg v50 if you are a heavy user/ use it long enough

1. If im putting my phone on the table, the led light on dual screen or the 5g light up will alert me of any notifications

2. If time and you want to see which app notifications you received, just flip the dual screen to the back and use it as a single screen phone

3. For those who doesnt really use dual screen much, probably not a heavy user/don't really multitask. For work/multitasking it has been really useful for me(especially the keyboard and wide mode chrome)

4. The only complaint is the battery life. Would have been delightful if they opted for rechargeable dual screen accessory so that it doesnt drain juice out of the phone

Just my 2 cents

I am not really a heavy user...haha...got the dual screen just to try out if it works for me. In some ways yes it is useful I must admit and you are right, it did drain battery life significantly.

Actually by turning on the sidelight in brief notifications, the border of the phone will light up when the app's notification comes in during single screen mode.

Last edited:

eddy0505

Reaction score
I am not really a heavy user...haha...got the dual screen just to try out if it works for me. In some ways yes it is useful I must admit and you are right, it did drain battery life significantly.

Actually by turning on the sidelight in brief notifications, the border of the phone will light up when the app's notification comes in during single screen mode.

Let me try the sidelight. See if its useful haha

n.jjohn

Reaction score
Could anyone advise on whether you could combine the screens for chrome browsing (perhaps in landscape mode?)?

I'm really interested to know if it can be done and how does LG do it with screens of different sizes. Thanks.

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
V50S ThinQ

https://www.lge.co.kr/lgekor/produc...cateId=0211&prdId=EPRD.345420#featureBtnsWrap

nusp_0101.jpg

calvinchoy

Reaction score
After 2 weeks of usage, in the end I removed the dual screen and used it as a single screen instead.

Applied nano liquid screen protector and with a soft case.

I still prefer to use it as a single screen though....

Dhalsim

Reaction score
Same, the dual screen gets in the way and uses up too much battery. Good thing is that the camera is awesome.

gws898

Reaction score
Thinking of buying Second hand on Qoo10

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

azz909

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the steady cam? Very good? I watched youtube the stabilization like not bad. but mine still got the stuttering

peterc

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow new update for the phone is here, V11q. Anyone installed it yet? Mine's the S grade Korean set here...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.