The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

marxace

Reaction score
Does the frame has nose pads? Or not? Compared to your other frames. Is the frame more curve compared to the others too??
The nose pads are fixed together with the frame type. Same as my other frames. Not those stand alone nose pads protruding out. Think I have to keep wearing for a while to see if it really makes me giddy or is it the glaucoma screening test I did few days back straining my eyes.. seems like my vision weakened after the test. *********

Sent from OPPO CPH1919 using GAGT

d34th25

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for your detailed explanation.
All my specs have no degrees but how come when I wear the duravision blueprotect for above one hour, I will feel slightly giddy.
Was reading about focal point/ focal distance. Does this apply to my lens without degrees? Btw the frames are all more or less similar type (acetate, plastic)

Sent from OPPO CPH1919 using GAGT

I also just got my new Zeiss Superb Asiana (SV 1.6) with blue protect feels abit off from my previous crizal prevencia (exact same power) but after awhile it just feels natural. I doubt its the coating but rather the optics of the lens, although you mentioned no degrees.

Clarity wise feels Zeiss feels much better than Crizal. But I made the prevencia lenses 5 years ago not sure got change since then. SuperbAS also got measure height but my prevencia did not...

Reaction score
I also just got my new Zeiss Superb Asiana (SV 1.6) with blue protect feels abit off from my previous crizal prevencia (exact same power) but after awhile it just feels natural. I doubt its the coating but rather the optics of the lens, although you mentioned no degrees.

Clarity wise feels Zeiss feels much better than Crizal. But I made the prevencia lenses 5 years ago not sure got change since then. SuperbAS also got measure height but my prevencia did not...

Zeiss uses lens material with much better optics. Zeiss lenses stand out in terms of clarity and "sharpness" when comparied with Crizal, especially in low light condition.:s12:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can i ask a branded frame cost ard 200 + hoya dynamic premium with transition and blue light lens altogether for Sgd800. They say discounted else its close to 1k cos lens 750(250 for transition + blue light). Is it too ex and excessive for 70 year old? Is it reli worth the $? Usually if do with frames, how much discount will they give?

If you choose branded lenses, price is pretty much standard. Otherwise, you can opt for alternative brands with similar progressive lens design & quality. Can save around $150.

Last edited:

d34th25

Reaction score
Zeiss uses lens material with much better optics. Zeiss lenses stand out in terms of clarity and "sharpness" when comparied with Crizal, especially in low light condition.:s12:

Haha, Im a new optom and I usually recommend crizal lenses for price and zeiss for quality. But I've never bought zeiss lenses before myself so Im happy that its really that good :)

Reaction score
Haha, Im a new optom and I usually recommend crizal lenses for price and zeiss for quality. But I've never bought zeiss lenses before myself so Im happy that its really that good :)

You should try Zeiss lenses someday. Tokai lenses are pretty close in terms of lens quality as well.

huatson

Reaction score
Hello! Finally got my frame! Got a semi-rim as it is very sleek. However, being someone with myopia between -9.00 to -10.00, I intend to go for a 1.74 lens so that it will fit and hold nicely (hope I don’t regret). Seeing the computer for about 8h daily due to work. Can someone recommend a cheap and affordable blue light and 1.74 lens? Thank you and have a great weekend!

Hi, just ordered a pair of Oakley, OO9245 Sunglasses online during 10.10 sales, as I don’t like wearing contact lens therefore would like to replace the lens to prescription either to shades only or for daily wear.

Using the computer for about 8h daily at work too. Can someone also recommend an affordable blue light and 1.6 lens?

My degree is abt 375, astigmatism abt 125, been a while (2 years ago) since I made my last pair in JB therefore not sure about the price range for the branded lens i.e Zeiss that was recommended here.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi, just ordered a pair of Oakley, OO9245 Sunglasses online during 10.10 sales, as I don’t like wearing contact lens therefore would like to replace the lens to prescription either to shades only or for daily wear.

Using the computer for about 8h daily at work too. Can someone also recommend an affordable blue light and 1.6 lens?

My degree is abt 375, astigmatism abt 125, been a while (2 years ago) since I made my last pair in JB therefore not sure about the price range for the branded lens i.e Zeiss that was recommended here.

Thank you.

PM sent :s12:

lazy999

Reaction score
looking for ic berlin style type of frame and came across bywp. Can check which shops carry them or offer the best deal for this frame?

Beside bywp, care to share which brand carry similar model like ic berlin.

only_lonely

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can recommend what brand carry thin slim black frame?
Also need a pair of sunglasses, or if any good design spect comes with Polaroid clips can recommend?

spencert

Reaction score
Hoya Lifestyle V+

Just made a pair of Hoya Lifestyle V+ for my Presbyopia with blue lighter filtering (Masarata frame) @ $583 in KSL JB. How's the price compare with SG?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.