Treasure at Tampines

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jcbvd31.jpg

zinedine

Reaction score
Just got to speak with my agent recently. He advised me against getting a 1-bedder unless u r getting it for your own stay. Nowadays difficult to make profit for 1-bedder where new ones easily cost 600k or more...

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got to speak with my agent recently. He advised me against getting a 1-bedder unless u r getting it for your own stay. Nowadays difficult to make profit for 1-bedder where new ones easily cost 600k or more...

Actually, what your agent said has some truth, but not all truth.
You may then ask him what he proposes for you to find out.
2,3 or 4 br?

There are many things to consider other than appreciation. Unless you pay in full, mortagage loans, repayment, taxes, mcst charges etc outflows are what you should take into account. Then ask yourself, at the end does it still make sense.,..

As always, it’s your money, DYODD.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’ve shared this before. The first and only subsale unit at Tapestry. A one bedder was resold less than 1 year of holding period.
zFleFSB.jpg

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First and only subsale unit for Alps Residence is a 1 bedder unit too.
Less than 3 years holding period.

8F76e5t.jpg

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hence not entirely true that 1 bedder are a bad investment choice where many say it’s hard to sell in future , no one wants to rent etc. Same goes for the bigger units as well mah.

All in all, DYODD coz at the end of the day it’s you that will be paying for the mortgage not the agent. Infor are all transparent in Singapore home buying.

Do check Master Plan on future development around the project intended for purchase and area of growth and competitions from nearby residential.

Use 99.co to check nearby project recent transactions(unit number, first owner purchase price all shown),

Use URA property market info to check recent transactions of new launches & resale. Updated every Tuesday & Friday 5pm. Rental info updated every 15th of the month 1230pm.

Use this website
https://www.check.rent/
To check the average rent of diff unit size for a development. Updated every 16th of the month.
subsale

the Tapestry $160k profit!!! holding 6mths!
the alps residence $65k profit!!! but think loss $$ after all the stamp duty 2yrs+..

http://www.ytreporp.com/propertyinvestment.php

Last edited:

zinedine

Reaction score
Actually, what your agent said has some truth, but not all truth.
You may then ask him what he proposes for you to find out.
2,3 or 4 br?

There are many things to consider other than appreciation. Unless you pay in full, mortagage loans, repayment, taxes, mcst charges etc outflows are what you should take into account. Then ask yourself, at the end does it still make sense.,..

As always, it’s your money, DYODD.

My agent advised me not to go for 1-bedder anymore. Instead, he said that I have a better chance of making a profit by going for 2/3 bedders. But the amount required would b out of my league.

My personal study of a specific resale freehold 2 bedder in d East showed that the price has dropped even further to under 800k!

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
My agent advised me not to go for 1-bedder anymore. Instead, he said that I have a better chance of making a profit by going for 2/3 bedders. But the amount required would b out of my league.

My personal study of a specific resale freehold 2 bedder in d East showed that the price has dropped even further to under 800k!

My sensing is u r looking for capital gain rather than rental yield.
Of cos, bigger size unit has higher chance of more cap gain because a slight rise in psf (say 100psf rise after 3 years) for a unit of 1500sqft would mean a profit of 150k. (We see some such cases for Kingsford Waterbay 4 bedder easily 200k to 300k profit after TOP)

A one bedder unit of 500sqft with a rise of 100psf would mean only 50k profit.
Not to mention after deducting legal fee, agent fee, nothing much left.

But it’ may not be entirely true for all projects.
For example, there’s hardly any sales transaction for Watertown 4 bedder (sky patio unit with Super big balcony) due to its high entry price of near 2 mil and if owners are looking to sell at 2.2mil, it is almost impossible.
With 2.2mil Budget, u are better off to buy elsewhere instead of Punggol.

Whereas one bedder entry price for Watertown is 5xxk and is now transacting at 7xxk.
In this case, one bedder in Watertown seems to be a better preposition than bigger size units within the same project.

Someone mentioned urban vista is making a loss but What I see is the glades, eco and the rest around D16 are Still making profit. This probably has got to do with unit layout as urban vista mainly consist of loft units. On the contrary, urban vista sees a total of 21 rental contracts in sept so I Guess urban vista fares better in terms of rentability rather than profit gain.

To summarize, entry price, quantum, location and probably unit layout are still the determining factor.

Last edited:

zinedine

Reaction score
My sensing is u r looking for capital gain rather than rental yield.
Of cos, bigger size unit has higher chance of more cap gain because a slight rise in psf (say 100psf rise after 3 years) for a unit of 1500sqft would mean a profit of 150k. (We see some such cases for Kingsford Waterbay 4 bedder easily 200k to 300k profit after TOP)

A one bedder unit of 500sqft with a rise of 100psf would mean only 50k profit.
Not to mention after deducting legal fee, agent fee, nothing much left.

But it’ may not be entirely true for all projects.
For example, there’s hardly any sales transaction for Watertown 4 bedder (sky patio unit with Super big balcony) due to its high entry price of near 2 mil and if owners are looking to sell at 2.2mil, it is almost impossible.
With 2.2mil Budget, u are better off to buy elsewhere instead of Punggol.

Whereas one bedder entry price for Watertown is 5xxk and is now transacting at 7xxk.
In this case, one bedder in Watertown seems to be a better preposition than bigger size units within the same project.

Someone mentioned urban vista is making a loss but What I see is the glades, eco and the rest around D16 are Still making profit. This probably has got to do with unit layout as urban vista mainly consist of loft units. On the contrary, urban vista sees a total of 21 rental contracts in sept so I Guess urban vista fares better in terms of rentability rather than profit gain.

To summarize, entry price, quantum, location and probably unit layout are still the determining factor.

Thanks bro, for all the explanation with facts and figures. An excellent study, indeed. U really hit d nail squarely on its head!

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Weird... I compared the transaction figures at URA caveats page for last week and this week... there is a drop? Last week Treasure was 741 and this week 699? Hmm... Florence also dropped from 511 to 510. Can "untransact" one?

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Weird... I compared the transaction figures at URA caveats page for last week and this week... there is a drop? Last week Treasure was 741 and this week 699? Hmm... Florence also dropped from 511 to 510. Can "untransact" one?

Returned units?

https://www.propertysoul.com/2019/03/06/returned-units-whos-the-liar/

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, bro nishi has explained well for you above.

I would not totally exclude 1 br, look at locality, do a breakdown analysis of number of each unit type in the vicinity, understand if it is a family area or DINK and singles area, imagine what the demand for each type is ....look at your own finances...look at other forms of investment...then think and plan in terms of time horizon and expected returns....that is as much I can suggest for you...

I am more put off by people being paid to tell me...use spouse’s name, use children’s names...Father Mother, Uncle, Sister...I would rather being shown something more intelligent like data and analysis...

It is very different for own stay which can be as simple as ‘I like it, I can afford it, buy or rent it’ whatever happens (profit or loss) is not so detrimental as it should be considered one’s expense, not investment.

Last edited:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry bro, may I ask what’s DINK?

Yes, bro nishi has explained well for you above.

I would not totally exclude 1 br, look at locality, do a breakdown analysis of number of each unit type in the vicinity, understand if it is a family area or DINK and singles area, imagine what the demand for each type is ....look at your own finances...look at other forms of investment...then think and plan in terms of time horizon and expected returns....that is as much I can suggest for you...

I am more put off by people being paid to tell me...use spouse’s name, use children’s names...Father Mother, Uncle, Sister...I would rather being shown something more intelligent like data and analysis...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.