Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
No man, I didn’t. I have an address in Singapore, also a phone number, but I planned to make my first rolex purchase here. I was sticking with Audemars Piguet the whole time.

I just hoped there is some chance to get this Rose Gold GMT as I thought the people are not going that crazy about it or at least not much as for Batman or Pepsi and do that without purchasing day dates that I don’t need.

Maybe to buy one together with my girlfriend, she wants ss/rose with diamonds. Are the display watches STRICTLY not for sale?
Haven’t been successful in convincing them to sell me any of their display pieces so far, in I’d say every AD in Singapore. Over the last 2 years.

But you probably have a higher chance since you’re also after a blingy female Rolex at the same time.

wj1984

Master Member
Reaction score
No man, I didn’t. I have an address in Singapore, also a phone number, but I planned to make my first rolex purchase here. I was sticking with Audemars Piguet the whole time.

I just hoped there is some chance to get this Rose Gold GMT as I thought the people are not going that crazy about it or at least not much as for Batman or Pepsi and do that without purchasing day dates that I don’t need.

Maybe to buy one together with my girlfriend, she wants ss/rose with diamonds. Are the display watches STRICTLY not for sale?

unless you are willing to forgo the discount on the ladies DJ you may get the root beer but that's akin to paying premium....

champagneluminova

Reaction score
Tudor warranty

Good friday morning to everyone. Not a post regarding Rolex, but figured since it's regarding Tudor you guys would be experienced to help.

I've just purchased a used Tudor black bay 36, and it's still covered under warranty till next April. First time owning a Tudor, so I'm unfamiliar with the 2-year guarantee.

1) Anybody knows if I can send it to RSC for regular servicing and polishing before the warranty expires, or must there be a fault in order to send it in (i.e. watch not keeping time, or mechanism fault)

2) How long is the wait for a service?

Thanks, and appreciate your advice.

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
Any chance to score a datejust 36 latest model 126234 at ADs if no previous purchase history? At least it’s not sports model right..

I think should be able to get the new DJ 36mm with the new 70hrs PR movement. If DJ also so difficult to get, Rolex can close shop or sell Cellini model only.

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about we do a group buy? I just want a Sub with date that's all. :s12:

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about we do a group buy? I just want a Sub with date that's all. :s12:

Yes, lets do a group buy, I am after the Milgauss (Z-blue), you are after a Sub date and the other is a Rose gold GMT.

Anyone else want to join this group buy? Maybe we got better chance of getting the watches we want at retail. :o

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, lets do a group buy, I am after the Milgauss (Z-blue), you are after a Sub date and the other is a Rose gold GMT.

Anyone else want to join this group buy? Maybe we got better chance of getting the watches we want at retail. :o

They have more people wanting the watches than the actual available watches. Organizing a group buy consisting of all sports models won’t give them any incentive. After all, hundreds of people walk into the store everyday asking for them.

What would be more effective is if the group buy consists of 100 pieces of 36mm datejusts with diamonds and 10 sports models. You just need to find a lot of people wanting Rolex’s or other watches that nobody wants, willing to be in this group buy. We all know the answer to that one.

And that’s the reason the grey dealers have most of the stock and sell them at premiums. They need to cover the costs to buy and stock the other crap watches they had to buy in order to get that sports Rolex.

billovee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They have more people wanting the watches than the actual available watches. Organizing a group buy consisting of all sports models won’t give them any incentive. After all, hundreds of people walk into the store everyday asking for them.

What would be more effective is if the group buy consists of 100 pieces of 36mm datejusts with diamonds and 10 sports models. You just need to find a lot of people wanting Rolex’s or other watches that nobody wants, willing to be in this group buy. We all know the answer to that one.

And that’s the reason the grey dealers have most of the stock and sell them at premiums. They need to cover the costs to buy and stock the other crap watches they had to buy in order to get that sports Rolex.

I also want to help you guys abit, I want grand Seiko snowflake, but they not selling at these shop hahahha

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lets all do it. Give the Sales person a big sale in order to get the rolexes we want.

billovee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dunno leh, why let grey earn our money when we can bring it all to a single AD.

Let me calculate 1 for you.

Let me guess.

1 watch retail at 10k. 30% profit for AD.(estimated)

Make about 3k per watch.

AD tie up with grey seller.

Sell the watch at 16k to end consumer.

Grey make 3k. AD make 6k. (higher profit than selling to end consumer)

Maybe Grey very confident, take promised take 100 pcs from AD monthly.

AD hit target, happy. Grey Happy. AD make more $$.

AD left 10 pcs for VVIP.

That is my assumption. :D:s13:

makingfriends

Reaction score
I think should be able to get the new DJ 36mm with the new 70hrs PR movement. If DJ also so difficult to get, Rolex can close shop or sell Cellini model only.

DJ running low...their showcase is sebei jia lat...watever u see are those available...no stock n dunno when replenish

makingfriends

Reaction score
Let me calculate 1 for you.

Let me guess.

1 watch retail at 10k. 30% profit for AD.(estimated)

Make about 3k per watch.

AD tie up with grey seller.

Sell the watch at 16k to end consumer.

Grey make 3k. AD make 6k. (higher profit than selling to end consumer)

Maybe Grey very confident, take promised take 100 pcs from AD monthly.

AD hit target, happy. Grey Happy. AD make more $$.

AD left 10 pcs for VVIP.

That is my assumption. :D:s13:

i am not sure if it works...i got a frien is SE in AD...he say no chance, even u bring in few hundred K also useless...really no stock and Rolex Swiss is not shipping much over...its a world wide shortage...the Chinese lagi fierce also no stock...

i got another frien...think VIP...spend maybe say 400k on AD...he wan a sub...dun care date no date...waited for abt 7mths when someone give up...

its really hard to say...i guess its abt the right time right place...heng suay lor

billovee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am not sure if it works...i got a frien is SE in AD...he say no chance, even u bring in few hundred K also useless...really no stock and Rolex Swiss is not shipping much over...its a world wide shortage...the Chinese lagi fierce also no stock...

i got another frien...think VIP...spend maybe say 400k on AD...he wan a sub...dun care date no date...waited for abt 7mths when someone give up...

its really hard to say...i guess its abt the right time right place...heng suay lor

the most strange part.

800,000 watches produce per year and it keep out of stock. :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.