Jb custom and touchNgo card

precise

Reaction score
Hi all, would like to share my experience yesterday when driving in to jb thru woodlands causeway.

1. Zip past woodlands checkpoint at 11am
2. Reached jb custom at about 12pm.
3. Require touch and go card but my card was inactive as there is no transactions in the past 12 months.
4. Went crazily around to ask other drivers to let me use the card and pay them back 20rm.
5. Finally found 1 nice driver with sufficient money in his card.
6. The gantry opened after I tapped and paid.
7. There was absolutely no custom officer station there to control the gantry. I thought wow... such an advancement.
8. Happily I went off to my shopping trip.
9. When I returned back at about 5pm, to my horror, the custom officer was there to check for my entry visa.
10. Was told that I entered illegally and brought me to custom office.
11. Tried to explain but to no avail after 1st attempt.
12. Decided to keep quiet and apologise as technically, I was trespassing the country since without valid visa regardless whatsoever reasons I have.
13. Finally given a stern warning and let me off.

If not the fine could be about sgd900.

Be careful.... just remember to have your passport stamped with the entry date regardless the situation when we travel. It is imperative to stay vigilant.

precise

Reaction score
Just to add, what I have read so far, there is no touch and go top up station nor there is sale of touch and go at the jb custom.

No wonder there is a long queue coz many people were frantically looking for one.

And I wonder why would there be such implementation to use touch and go without sales of cards nor top up of the cards. It is plainly ............ beyond words.

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why did you enter without stamping your passport?? This has nothing to do with touch and go imo...

precise

Reaction score
The gantry has no officer and the gantry opened after I paid. The process a bit wrong right?
In sg, even u paid, the gantry is not open until the officer check thru the passport.

precise

Reaction score
Why did you enter without stamping your passport?? This has nothing to do with touch and go imo...

Agree. It has nothing to do with the touchNgo but the process. And the availability of touchNgo cause so much unwarranted jam up at the custom which can be avoided if the process is correct.

Anyway, totally agree that should not have entered without having the passport being stamped. It is my ignorant and complacency.

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The gantry has no officer and the gantry opened after I paid. The process a bit wrong right?
In sg, even u paid, the gantry is not open until the officer check thru the passport.

Agree. It has nothing to do with the touchNgo but the process. And the availability of touchNgo cause so much unwarranted jam up at the custom which can be avoided if the process is correct.

Anyway, totally agree that should not have entered without having the passport being stamped. It is my ignorant and complacency.

Welcome to Malaysia... :s22: Your first trip inside? You are considered EXTREMELY lucky for getting away with a stern warning.. Have read and heard so many cases of people getting worse for less... The usual process is to stamp passport, tap and pay, gantry up and go.

They used to have a gantry post at the extreme left end to handle T&G issues/top ups. Not sure about now.

For SG, do you know that many got fined for not paying at the gantry? The officers there are not entrusted to remind you to pay, and will open the gantry after you had your passport chopped. Some might forget and hey presto, you have one more officer waiting for you after the gantry to fine your sorry ass and get you to turn back..

The system in Malaysia is much more advanced than ours if you were to compare.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
hmm... i think you had missed the first window counter of the booth~ the 2nd window counter is just paying the toll & rd charge which usually no officer manning~

strange thing was that you got out of the car to borrow TnG card but fail to see the counter w/o officer~ shldn't you ask the officer first if you struck with your expired TnG card~? :s22:

CyanSupra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What an cock traveller to pass the custom despite knowing the fact that there was no stamp on the passport

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ts. Yesterday was indeed your extremely extremely lucky day. They could have detained you for a few days and then charged u for illegal entry into msia, ie a few k fine and imprisonment.

Rem to bath flower water ok? :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.