48411782_10205245484892121_4206511220473200640_n.jpg

48395855_10205245485732142_4355979574182412288_n.jpg

48376903_10205245486052150_5235628317087891456_n.jpg

Like toons said, no sashimi - can only make do with smoked salmon

Hi, what is the price of the buffet?

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went cafe Mosiac yesterday night, the staffs will help u shuck the fresh oysters in front of you when you passed them unshucked oysters. No lobsters. Crab stick really salty and meat is like dried up..., got roast lamb which is nice. Nice cooked food especially the chicken with crispy skin. First time go there. 1 for 1 deal. Hooted 40 oysters with no diarrhea. Lol

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went cafe Mosiac yesterday night, the staffs will help u shuck the fresh oysters in front of you when you passed them unshucked oysters. No lobsters. Crab stick really salty and meat is like dried up..., got roast lamb which is nice. Nice cooked food especially the chicken with crispy skin. First time go there. 1 for 1 deal. Hooted 40 oysters with no diarrhea. Lol

For me, the oyster bar is the highlight coz can choose the fatter oysters :s13:

They had roasted meat (from the chinese restaurant i think) which was pretty decent. The rest of the stuff are quite avg though.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CLOSED

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thai Tanic Hotpot + Ala Carte Lunch Buffet
Date - Mon 28 Oct (PH Deepavali)
Time - 1130am
Venue - 44A Bukit Pasoh Road Singapore 089857 (near Outram MRT)
Price - $26 nett
Menu -
qA3SYqR.jpg

Last edited:

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone have comments on Beach Road Kitchen? I saw an earlier post about them having Sashimi so that's good cause I can eat a whole salmon. I saw reviews on their menu, looks good.

Also, how does the 1 for 1 thing on chope.co work? I buy their 1 for 1 voucher on their site, use it at the restaurant and only pay the balance for 1 pax assuming there's 3 of us?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have comments on Beach Road Kitchen? I saw an earlier post about them having Sashimi so that's good cause I can eat a whole salmon. I saw reviews on their menu, looks good.

Also, how does the 1 for 1 thing on chope.co work? I buy their 1 for 1 voucher on their site, use it at the restaurant and only pay the balance for 1 pax assuming there's 3 of us?

For sashimi, you might want to give them a call to confirm. It might only be available for certain sessions, eg, dinner.

Yes, if 3 of you n you use the 1 for 1 voucher, you basically just need to pay for the 3rd pax. Do note that you will not be able to apply any promotions for the 3rd pax. Other words, if they are offering a 20% credit card promo, you have to count whether it is more worth it for you to just pay for all 3 n get the 20% discount, OR buy the chope voucher for 2 n pay full price for the 3rd pax.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, what is the price of the buffet?

Lunch Buffet
Adult S$60.00
Child S$30.00

Dinner Buffet
Adult (Mon - Thu) S$80.00
Child (Mon - Thu) S$40.00
Adult (Fri - Sun) S$90.00
Child (Fri - Sun) S$45.00

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
For sashimi, you might want to give them a call to confirm. It might only be available for certain sessions, eg, dinner.

Yes, if 3 of you n you use the 1 for 1 voucher, you basically just need to pay for the 3rd pax. Do note that you will not be able to apply any promotions for the 3rd pax. Other words, if they are offering a 20% credit card promo, you have to count whether it is more worth it for you to just pay for all 3 n get the 20% discount, OR buy the chope voucher for 2 n pay full price for the 3rd pax.

Thanks for the info!

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went for their dinner buffet on 13Oct and my dining group wasn't really impressed considering the s$90++ sticker price. My thoughts based on their "stations" concept:

Charcuterie & Cheese market --> Not bad. Nice selection of cheese and accompaniments, but selection of ham and pastrami a bit low.

Seafood Room --> Underwhelming. Seafood on ice got oysters, lobster, prawns, and flower crab, sashimi only salmon. lots of different flavours of cured salmon and barramundi. but overall I thought the variety a bit poor compared to other hotel buffets.

Vertical Salad Bar --> OK I guess. I don't really eat Salad at buffets.

Noodle Bar --> Laksa and taiwanese beef noodle soup on offer. Laksa was quite nice, a bit on the spicy side.

Chinese Food --> Soy sauce steamed pomfret was pretty nice, but others (loh mai kai and mapo tofu) just OK.

Chicken and Duck Rice --> Terrible, don't even bother.

Grill --> Disappointing. The whole (technically) half grilled snapper and pomfret was interesting in theory but in practice dry and not seasoned well. Roast pork and pork ribs not nice. Roast lamb was OK.

Wood Fired Oven --> Don't know why but there was no pizza being made for the buffet, instead this station tio converted to Mala xiang guo which I didn't try.

Indian Food --> Decent selection, taste also sort of OK, but I'm not an indian food lover.

Sweet Shop --> This one nice selection, nice taste also. Wife and I especially liked the local kuih and cookies / sweets. There was a soft serve ice cream machine but it didn't seem to be working well (we saw some kids pull the lever and it came out half soft serve half liquid).

Last edited:

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
well.. that seems underwhelming. Reconsidering my options again now.

Anyways, is it just me, but do people actually like the cold crustaceans? The lobsters are rubbery, the crab meat is a little tough, the flavour isnt really there.

And the crab shell is the funniest part, its soft and yet, oddly strong. So when you try to break it, it bends and refuses to crack, wtf?

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got 3 paxs, looking for more so that we can try more dishes!

Thai Tanic Hotpot + Ala Carte Lunch Buffet
Date - Mon 28 Oct (PH Deepavali)
Time - 1130am
Venue - 44A Bukit Pasoh Road Singapore 089857 (near Outram MRT)
Price - $26 nett
Menu -
qA3SYqR.jpg

Is tis nice?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is tis nice?

This ala carte cum hotpot buffet is a new theme, so no idea.

I went for their hotpot buffet previously n i find it not bad. The seafood quite fresh.

So paying another visit ... actually this will be my 3rd visit :)

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well.. that seems underwhelming. Reconsidering my options again now.

Anyways, is it just me, but do people actually like the cold crustaceans? The lobsters are rubbery, the crab meat is a little tough, the flavour isnt really there.

And the crab shell is the funniest part, its soft and yet, oddly strong. So when you try to break it, it bends and refuses to crack, wtf?

Well, seafood on ice is a good way to enjoy seafood IF it is fresh.

The sweetness of the seafood is not overwhelmed by any sauce. I like my chilli crabs, but no matter how nice the chilli sauce is, it makes the dish 'heavier' and you get jelat faster. I can eat a lot more crab if its just poached or steamed :D

Seafood on ice also tends to be 'fresher' compared to cooked seafood as there is no sauce to help 'cover up'. Eg, if a fish is not so fresh, the conventional wisdom will be to fry it or cook it with some sauce, whereas if it is fresh, then steaming it is the preferred method.

Hmmm, for nice lobsters on ice, you can try seasonal tastes. Barring some 'off' ones, the rest are pretty fresh. You get firm bouncy meat w a hint of sweetness. Of cos, its a buffet, so can't compare to those ala carte restaurants with live lobsters in tanks etc.

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
colony and carousel booked, cant get seats for 3 at 630pm :(

gonna try this Jen buffet instead. But there seems to be 2, Makan@Jen (orchard gateway) and J65 at Tanglin.

Which one is the recommended buffet?

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok gonna abandon Beach Road Kitchen, going Colony instead for sunday dinner.

Any good promos going on? I can only find 10% off for OCBC cards at getcardable.com, nothing really shows up anywhere else.

edit: forget it, forgot its a public holiday, no promos are valid haha

The good stuff like grilled lobsters are only available on fri n sat dinner wor. Personally, i will either go for the fri/sat seafood buffet w the 'works' or not at all :D

For the more 'quality' buffets like colony n carousel, you can get at most 10 to 15% discount nia.

Yea, this coming sat, sun n mon very sian for buffets lovers. Most places no promos due to PH.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.