[Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
which of the 8 u own? quite curious

2 Filcos full 108 key, Blue, Brown (side printed keys) - all developed issues on some keys after a while, one of them i re-soldered a switch but the overall feel and typing experience is the best

108 key Rosewill , Red - no issues to date also quite well made.

Cherry Classic Line G81-1800 , Black - retro I recall it being well made but black is too stiff for me

Razer Black Widow Expert (2010), Blue i think? - One of the cheapest Cherry MX based keyboards at the time the only issue was the damn macro keys on the left, made centering your hands difficult if you are used to regular keyboards

Royal Kludge RG-987, some Red clone - worst in terms of construction but I was going for cheapest keyboard I could find only $40. I believe it had bad key wobble wasn't nice for typing at all.

Keycool 84 key with Bluetooth , Gateron Red - don't really like that gateron switch compared to Cherry MX, the keyboard is decently solid not as good as Filco or Durgod. High quality keycaps but a bit sharp at the edges

Durgod K310 - Red silent - Liking this keyboard a lot so far!

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 Filcos full 108 key, Blue, Brown (side printed keys) - all developed issues on some keys after a while, one of them i re-soldered a switch but the overall feel and typing experience is the best

108 key Rosewill , Red - no issues to date also quite well made.

Cherry Classic Line G81-1800 , Black - retro I recall it being well made but black is too stiff for me

Razer Black Widow Expert (2010), Blue i think? - One of the cheapest Cherry MX based keyboards at the time the only issue was the damn macro keys on the left, made centering your hands difficult if you are used to regular keyboards

Royal Kludge RG-987, some Red clone - worst in terms of construction but I was going for cheapest keyboard I could find only $40. I believe it had bad key wobble wasn't nice for typing at all.

Keycool 84 key with Bluetooth , Gateron Red - don't really like that gateron switch compared to Cherry MX, the keyboard is decently solid not as good as Filco or Durgod. High quality keycaps but a bit sharp at the edges

Durgod K310 - Red silent - Liking this keyboard a lot so far!

Nice collection. How does Durgod red silent compared to Filco brown? Does it feel more like topre keys?

andymarsh

Reaction score
Anyone has experience with logitech mech keyboard keycaps?
My G413 LEFT CTRL keycap legs broke (bought 2yrs ago).
Asked Ban Leong (distro) but they don't have replacements.
Anyone knows where to get one?

On a side note, some of my buttons are also double chattering. Is this a common thing for Romer-G/Logitech keyboards?

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
didnt know theres this thread..

i realized ducky keyboard quite durable as compared to logitech ones.

recently i bought one Logitech G810,but the keycaps underneath quite easy to break, and stuck inside the hole lol. had to buy new ducky one to replace.

thats what i experienced before A and W keycaps broke for my logitech . :(

Anyone has experience with logitech mech keyboard keycaps?
My G413 LEFT CTRL keycap legs broke (bought 2yrs ago).
Asked Ban Leong (distro) but they don't have replacements.
Anyone knows where to get one?

On a side note, some of my buttons are also double chattering. Is this a common thing for Romer-G/Logitech keyboards?

:s13: urs still last longer than mine

haxyer

Reaction score
had a ducky since 2010 and its still working fine, just changed key caps recently. just bought a akko ducky TKL from taobao for work. now typing with it very good and cheap

Last edited:

andymarsh

Reaction score
:s13: urs still last longer than mine
All 4 legs of the key cap were left in the holes for me. 3 removed via Blu-Tac; last one I had to use a needle to dig it out. Switched the Right CTRL over for interim use.

Logitech mice are good. Apparently their KB can't live up to the same name.

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All 4 legs of the key cap were left in the holes for me. 3 removed via Blu-Tac; last one I had to use a needle to dig it out. Switched the Right CTRL over for interim use.

Logitech mice are good. Apparently their KB can't live up to the same name.

yea.. logitech g5 was my fav mice. but kb really cmi. i learnt my lesson :(

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
Nice collection. How does Durgod red silent compared to Filco brown? Does it feel more like topre keys?

It's really a different feel. Some people don't like the squishy-ness at the end. MX Brown and Red have this nice crisp feeling throughout the entire stroke, the abrupt bottom out and then that immediate push back for the return of the stroke. Everything is dulled out on the MX Red Silent. For me the benefit is the quietness, it's my top priority

kirine

Reaction score
I’m using Leopold FC900r, love it since bought, it has no RGB lighting and only basic key LED, the typing and response are great, and it uses double shot PBT caps.

Best is if you can head down to the store and experience yourself of others like Filco and Ducky, you will then know better what you want as typing is personal experience.

zhxiaobian

Reaction score
May I know where and which stores can I try the different keyboards?

I’m using Leopold FC900r, love it since bought, it has no RGB lighting and only basic key LED, the typing and response are great, and it uses double shot PBT caps.

Best is if you can head down to the store and experience yourself of others like Filco and Ducky, you will then know better what you want as typing is personal experience.

Cheese Steak

Reaction score
Any mech keyboard that can be bought on Qoo10. Found out that a lot of brands not available there. Need to replace my filco brown switch

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any mech keyboard that can be bought on Qoo10. Found out that a lot of brands not available there. Need to replace my filco brown switch

last time i trying to replace my logitech kb also cant find in qoo10.

i bought my ducky kb at lazada. think there got more.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can check out Lazada instead. It's been months since I bought anything at Qoo10.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.