Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizarreLoveTriangle

Master Member
Reaction score
seriously mai dream of getting them at retail without prior purchase.

someone i know spent 25k with cortina on a non-rolex watch.
so he ask what does it take to get a pepsi from the SA.
SA say, buy a Moser watch (which they recently acquired the dealership) and can bundle with a pepsi.
my friend pondered for a day or two, told the SA, it's a go.
but prior the purchase, SA have to ask GM or someone higher up for approval.
got rejected outright.

maybe a pepsi is far fetched but then again, amounting to 50k as a non-rolex purchase, still cant get you anything.

a friend of mine offered to buy 5-6 ladies datejust two tone with diamonds (almost 100k)on the dial and ask for 10% discount + a ceramic daytona as a bundle
the SA say no way that's going to happen. no need ask GM, straight away reject.

so if you think this method works, think again (that was earlier this year, things might change, try your luck if you're prepared to drop 100k)

whine whine whine no use. u want it at retail, buy something to start an account. it would be better if its a non-rolex.

if cannot afford to buy something else to support the AD. suck it up and buy it at reseller prices.
not that i am condoning the reseller market but demand and supply is at play.
same goes for every other commodities out there.

all else fails, choose another brand. don't like? save your cash then.
throw your cash at AD no use, everyday someone like you is waving their cash at them.

welcome to the real world, nobody is going to give you on a silver platter (especially when everyone is asking for the same model you're asking for. there's only so many that can go around each year)

Moral of story : non sports rolex design sux

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In SG,

AP has a dealership and boutique - thus the situation is slightly different.

Rolex and PP are dealerships only (correct me if i am mistaken)
Thus got to play into their game, what build journey, relationship and etc...

That said, my experience with AP boutique is x10 better than any dealership.
The AP staffs are more sincere and genuinely will help if they can help.

P.s. my total spending at AP is less than 100K SGD and thus, I should not be at their VIP level but still i get slightly better treatment there.

which ap boutique ar??? tia gong the boutique at MBS quite bad service leh....

tia gong lah....

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Z8UEM2Ur.jpg

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually hor...how u post a pix here ah?
i have no idea how...click here click there...cannot...

btw...nice dial...

thank you....

first u need to upload your pic.
usually i use this site.
https://imgur.com/upload

den to insert u need the pic url and then..

give it a try.

makingfriends

Reaction score
any hope of getting these two model from AD? Work all my life and would like to own at least one Rolex for me & for wife.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/yacht-master/m126622-0001.html

YACHT-MASTER 40

https://www.rolex.com/watches/yacht-master/m268622-0002.html

YACHT-MASTER 37

last heard from my sales...a VIP wait for a 38k YM...waited close to 9mths...

understood sport series like Daytona and YM...can really wait for years may still don't get it.

and come on lah...everyone work for all their life lah...this is not a reason to own 1 lah...
u no purchase history...i think lagi slim chance...good luck

makingfriends

Reaction score
is there any truth to what Jacky Wu claim on this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFe_egYAaSs

beside the Japanese portion...i not sure...
but Rolex capacity is abt 900k pieces per year across all model.
this is a very skilled industry...and they wun wan mass produce...once mass, rolex is gone...

and yes, GMT under sport series...u can forget it.
nowadays there is a saying...if u enter any AD in town or airport or anywhere in the world...u go in n juz ask, got sport series, if they have(which is unlikely)...dun care smlj sport series...juz sign n take n go...cannot ponder...hahahaha

Vtim

Reaction score
last heard from my sales...a VIP wait for a 38k YM...waited close to 9mths...

understood sport series like Daytona and YM...can really wait for years may still don't get it.

and come on lah...everyone work for all their life lah...this is not a reason to own 1 lah...
u no purchase history...i think lagi slim chance...good luck

hahaha, have been been eyeing a Rolex when i started work but due to financial commitments so have to give up hope. I just want to buy one enough liao, I already pass 1/2 century mark so getting back what is mine, looks like have to get from grey market or good used one.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RMc3l4K

dun seem to be able to show here but rather right click to open another tab to show...
but anyway...thanks for advising...will explore more next time...
coz i new in HWZ

u are almost there. when u uploaded the pic right, click and hold to open in another tab den u see url is ending with a .jpg

u copy that url.

makingfriends

Reaction score
hahaha, have been been eyeing a Rolex when i started work but due to financial commitments so have to give up hope. I just want to buy one enough liao, I already pass 1/2 century mark so getting back what is mine, looks like have to get from grey market or good used one.

boss...unless u go for Date Just...even Date Just is running low.
sports is unlikely from AD...and grey is marking up pretty high...
everyone financial commitment is differ...so if you are better off now...perhaps take a tour in Swiss...see can find or not lor...hehehe...also enjoy Swiss...fantastic place...

i am not sure the price for rolex in Swiss...but i check out the IWC, knn...they selling more than SG AD...

Vtim

Reaction score
beside the Japanese portion...i not sure...
but Rolex capacity is abt 900k pieces per year across all model.
this is a very skilled industry...and they wun wan mass produce...once mass, rolex is gone...

and yes, GMT under sport series...u can forget it.
nowadays there is a saying...if u enter any AD in town or airport or anywhere in the world...u go in n juz ask, got sport series, if they have(which is unlikely)...dun care smlj sport series...juz sign n take n go...cannot ponder...hahahaha

i see, will be going for Family trip to Sapporo early Dec this year, next time may not have chance to have whole family of 6 going together, told wife maybe can look for some good condition used one over there.

makingfriends

Reaction score
i see, will be going for Family trip to Sapporo early Dec this year, next time may not have chance to have whole family of 6 going together, told wife maybe can look for some good condition used one over there.

slowly lah...no gan cheong...hv, hv lor...dun hv, than nvm...
perhaps have this kind of mentality...u will get it more easily...

Vtim

Reaction score
boss...unless u go for Date Just...even Date Just is running low.
sports is unlikely from AD...and grey is marking up pretty high...
everyone financial commitment is differ...so if you are better off now...perhaps take a tour in Swiss...see can find or not lor...hehehe...also enjoy Swiss...fantastic place...

i am not sure the price for rolex in Swiss...but i check out the IWC, knn...they selling more than SG AD...

Wife also have the idea saying maybe Swiss is cheaper since it is made in Swiss..lol...

Swiss is one of the place we would like to visit, maybe will ask my HD kakis to organise another road trip in the near future, they flew to Frankfurt, stay at one of the German friend's winery farm, then rode to Switzerland > Italy > France > Spain, ended in Gibraltar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.