eSim for travelling and data roaming — No Referrals!

foxriver

Reaction score
oh, before I forgot, while importing eSIM will required internet/WiFi, very important.

Meaning best to do it in sg right before you travel? Able to set when to activate? Or once purchased means immediately activated for the number of days alr

tec_geek

Reaction score
Meaning best to do it in sg right before you travel? Able to set when to activate? Or once purchased means immediately activated for the number of days alr

Yes best to import the eSIM profile into your device before travelling just in case there isn’t access to internet overseas.

Usually once you import the eSIM, the subscription starts already.

xmen

Reaction score
I m thinking to get a model with esim for future travel roaming. If I get either xs or 11, I just have to sign up for a esim plan with any of the esim provider right? Anything else to be done? Sorry for e question as I’m new to this esim thing.

astrntmnky

Reaction score
Been using Airalo in Vietnam. Seamless and convenient. Setting up is also easy but another phone is recommended to take a picture of the generated QR code so your primary phone can scan it from the Airalo app.

hcDvTY1

tec_geek

Reaction score
And guys, apart from Yoodo, there is also eSIM for Digi prepaid. However, for this you would have to set it up at the retail shop.

Spent RM8.00 to get the physical SIM card, inside comes with a RM5.00 value. Then the staff will help you convert your physical sim to eSIM, and the QR code will be sent to your email (you have to key in your email into the system).

This is where you need 2 devices. One to show/take picture of the QR code in the email. Scan it and let it do the setup, and done.

Best is to download the Digi app and register an account. From there can manage the balance, the data plan to select and etc.

RM1 to extend the validity/active of the number for about 90 days, so it wouldn’t be terminated, just expired.

Some of the plans:
tHvihDG.jpg

nohvF7o.jpg

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried Airalo in China and South Korea before ?
I’ll be travelling to these 2 countries next month so thought of trying it out instead of paying for Singtel data roam

Kassidy

Banned
Reaction score
The Yoo do is where get, any website?

Going to shop to convert is out of question

And guys, apart from Yoodo, there is also eSIM for Digi prepaid. However, for this you would have to set it up at the retail shop.

Spent RM8.00 to get the physical SIM card, inside comes with a RM5.00 value. Then the staff will help you convert your physical sim to eSIM, and the QR code will be sent to your email (you have to key in your email into the system).

This is where you need 2 devices. One to show/take picture of the QR code in the email. Scan it and let it do the setup, and done.

Best is to download the Digi app and register an account. From there can manage the balance, the data plan to select and etc.

RM1 to extend the validity/active of the number for about 90 days, so it wouldn’t be terminated, just expired.

Some of the plans:
tHvihDG.jpg

nohvF7o.jpg

foxriver

Reaction score
Any expiry for the digi esim?

Some of the plans:
tHvihDG.jpg

nohvF7o.jpg

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Some of the plans:
tHvihDG.jpg

nohvF7o.jpg

RM8 to get a new prepaid sim? That day I asked the staff, they said RM35.

tec_geek

Reaction score

Same applies as like the physical prepaid card.

Whenever you topup or extend the validity for RM1, it extends or renews the expiry date + the balance and keeps the number active to buy data and/or voice plans.

Once it expires, you will be unable to buy the plans. So either you topup or extend the validity (RM1).

Otherwise, after 90 days from expiry date, the number/line will be terminated.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Digi Prepaid

Just double-check with the staff if it's a Digi Live Prepaid.

There's another Digi Prepaid Best that has 75 instead of 90 days' grace period. It's no longer available in most shops but a very(?) small number still has it and theirs will activate as Best. I just got one few months' back, but I think there's still an option to switch to the other via their USSD code, if you want...

Can check their Digi Community forum if you need more info on their other differences.

RM8 to get a new prepaid sim? That day I asked the staff, they said RM35.
Next time you're quoted anything above the RRP, ask the staff what the package includes. Most will come with a 30-day data package, how much data will depend on the price quoted. Many dealers sell with an included data pack.

If you just want the basic pack, go only to the specific shops or Digi Center/Store.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Next time you're quoted anything above the RRP, ask the staff what the package includes. Most will come with a 30-day data package, how much data will depend on the price quoted. Many dealers sell with an included data pack.

If you just want the basic pack, go only to the specific shops or Digi Center/Store.

Yea, I went to the Digi store at City Square. Guess the staff wanted to pull a fast one on me. Shall go hunt for the RM8 next time I go in jb.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, I went to the Digi store at City Square. Guess the staff wanted to pull a fast one on me. Shall go hunt for the RM8 next time I go in jb.

Look properly at their signboard next time you're there in City Square, I believe you'll see Digi Store Express and not just Digi Store.

All dealers including Digi Store Express normally sell with a (data) package intact. It's convenient if you need that much data and don't mind paying a little more instead of running around hunting for the RM8 pack.

AFAIK within walking distance of JB CIQ, only the 2 newsagents in Komtar JBCC and R&F Mall sell their prepaid pack at RRP, IF they still have stock. If you drive, go to Digi Store/Center in Danga Bay. If you're heading north, stop at Yong Peng's rest stop, either Ming Ang or Lucky Garden.

*Note: I've no idea which of the above will/can give you the e-SIM other than Digi Store/Center.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.