Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

joshhd

Reaction score
If the set top box is NewMedia Solution then the recorded media can only play back on the same set top box. Once the set top box died, all the recorded media is useless. The recorded media is encrypted and tied to the particular set top box. The media cannot play on VLC or even the same model of NewMedia Solution.
Whaaat? If liddat better look for other STB that records without any DRM or something...

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whaaat? If liddat better look for other STB that records without any DRM or something...

If you already bought the NewMedia set top box, just use it for record, view and delete. Otherwise, just shell out another $30 for a DVB-T2 K2 set top box and record unencrypted media to your heart's content and playback on any player. Having 2 set top boxes allow you watch and view at the same time. How wonderful!:D

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody use before this type of antenna with amplifier? Can it really receive free TV channels like FOX, CBS etc?

Indoor-120-Miles-TV-Antenna-Freeview-25DB-Digital-HDTV-Antenna-With-Amplifier-Signal-Booster-Radius-Surf.jpg

mankind66

Reaction score
Anybody use before this type of antenna with amplifier? Can it really receive free TV channels like FOX, CBS etc?

Indoor-120-Miles-TV-Antenna-Freeview-25DB-Digital-HDTV-Antenna-With-Amplifier-Signal-Booster-Radius-Surf.jpg

Have bought something similar, different brand.
It can only received channels from Malaysia and sg.
No Indonesia
I think you can only received fox or cbs if you are inside usa

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have bought something similar, different brand.
It can only received channels from Malaysia and sg.
No Indonesia
I think you can only received fox or cbs if you are inside usa

Oic.. channels from Msia and sg like wat channels? If my tv can alr receive all the standard sg digital tv channels ie. Ch5/Ch8/ChU/Vasantham/CNA... is there still a need for this tv antenna + signal amplifier thing?

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oic.. channels from Msia and sg like wat channels? If my tv can alr receive all the standard sg digital tv channels ie. Ch5/Ch8/ChU/Vasantham/CNA... is there still a need for this tv antenna + signal amplifier thing?

most likely only singapore channels.

only a few luckier people can receiver msia channels.

if your tv can already receive singapore channel, don't need to buy additional antenna.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most likely only singapore channels.

only a few luckier people can receiver msia channels.

if your tv can already receive singapore channel, don't need to buy additional antenna.

Previously we were on Starhub cable tv.. now not anymore so we're using a DVB-T2 stb + antenna..

mankind66

Reaction score

My antenna without booster can only received sg channels.
My new booster antenna can receive Malaysia channels like tv3, tv8, tv9 etc.

Signal strength without booster for sg channels is about 90% while with booster all 100% for sg channels

VideoOne2

Reaction score

Signal strength without booster for sg channels is about 90% while with booster all 100% for sg channels

Can you tell us which area in Singapore is your location? North, South East West....high or low floor....landed? Thanks

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Are you in the north of Singapore?

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

By your new booster antenna.. you mean something like that one in the pic I posted (antenna + amplifier)? And with it, r u able to receive any channels that are in English?

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Stay intop floor, hdb in fenvale

That's explains on why you can get MY DTV services.

Local DTV transmission will varies and will have many 'blind spots' in different locations.

It is sad HDB do not want to support installing the appropriate antenna on our roofs like in MY Apartments.

By using local antenna, even in the same block, I don't think everyone in your block will be able to receive as many DTV channels as you do. So consider yourself lucky.

To recap, the antenna you use will not work in 100% of locations in Singapore. All these are determined by your location and the signal strength available in that particular location.

Last edited:

LetItRain

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Parents, looking to stay updated on the latest trends of exams? And to be well prepared for the upcoming PSLE/exams? Look no more, we are clearing our p6 enrichment notes with the intention of helping students who are preparing for their PSLE next year!

sg.carousell.com/lambo5566 ( search for my profile lambo5566)

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gurus,

I just bought a 4K UHD DVB-T2 built-in Samsung TV!

So, which is the best Indoor Antenna I should get for the usual sg channel? :s8::s11:

I'm living in the ground floor!

I know I can use Toggle app but I just wanna have an Indoor Antenna as 1st choice!

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gurus,

So, which is the best Indoor Antenna I should get for the usual sg channel? :s8: :s11:

I know I can use Toggle app but I just wanna have an Indoor Antenna as 1st choice!
Can consider Funke DSC550 :s12:

Posted from PCWX using HUAWEI ALPS

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gurus,

So, which is the best Indoor Antenna I should get for the usual sg channel? :s8::s11:

If ground floor of a landed house better use a roof top antenna, do not think Indoor Antenna is suitable for you.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If ground floor of a landed house better use a roof top antenna, do not think Indoor Antenna is suitable for you.

this might be true for the older dvb-t system.

the dvb-t2 system is designed to cover ground floor / landed house.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.