Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

Adelyte

Reaction score
to confirm, for china rom set gps mostly don't work when indoors?

there's no permanent fix/workaround for this?

trying to get used to it, coming from global rom pocophone which didn't encounter gps woes when indoors >.<

Cn rom with GPS problem indoor is due to improper installation of google services package, and/or permission settings.

For me clear cache solve the problem permanently

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/
india ver of mi9t can update to miui 11 liao
our local sets can update using this file ma?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T using GAGT
Better not, what is NFC doesn't work anymore after that..

kkfa2018

Reaction score
Just a question, my K20 camera will pop out sometimes on its own while I browse certain websites. There is no consistency as to the type of website visited. Seems random. Any body else experience same issues?

Before any conspiracy theories come up, I personally do not believe in some agency or Google collecting "photos". In any case the camera just pops up and down very quickly so much so it seems to have no time to take any photo. And no photo taking sound.

So anyone?

Adelyte

Reaction score
Just a question, my K20 camera will pop out sometimes on its own while I browse certain websites. There is no consistency as to the type of website visited. Seems random. Any body else experience same issues?

Before any conspiracy theories come up, I personally do not believe in some agency or Google collecting "photos". In any case the camera just pops up and down very quickly so much so it seems to have no time to take any photo. And no photo taking sound.

So anyone?

So far nv encounter website that auto launch camera.

Maybe the website is doing some spying :)

limz777

Reaction score

So anyone?

which website ?

rodimus_prime

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify. K20Pro with Global ROM, so far no one able to bind GPay to local credit cards ?

Will users of 9T Pro with local warranty face this issue ?

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score

So anyone?

Don't have. K20 pro here

kkfa2018

Reaction score
mine oki too lei

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T using GAGT

Thanks for all the replies. Maybe my set only. Hmmm

PS I denied permission for Firebox (my browser) to the camera. Will monitor if this is the cause.

Last edited:

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So anyone?

on my mi 9t pro, the camera pops up if the page has an embedded video.

weng0202

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the Fitbit app on your k20 pro? Mine keep crashing and have to reinstall every now and then. Tried all the power setting and app permission but none has worked so far. Will work for a few days and then it will crash after that.

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the Fitbit app on your k20 pro? Mine keep crashing and have to reinstall every now and then. Tried all the power setting and app permission but none has worked so far. Will work for a few days and then it will crash after that.

Why not try to reinstall the app with the MIUI optimization off (developer option). Then after everything is done you can on the optimization back again. Works well with my Samsung watch

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any users of mi9t with global rom receives miui 11 thru OTA already?

rootz

Reaction score
Anyone experienced that screen will suddenly have 'auto' brightness mode?

As in, mine is off. But sometimes, the brightness will suddenly change to become brighter.

TIA!

VacheronLim

Reaction score
Cn rom with GPS problem indoor is due to improper installation of google services package, and/or permission settings.

For me clear cache solve the problem permanently

Thanks for the information!

Tried the clear cache method, re-install google services, and even factory reset to wipe out all data and re-install everything from scratch, didn't seem to work :eek:

Then by chance after more fiddling around in autostart section, did some minor tweaking and now map works indoor :s12::s12::s12: Cant remember exactly which was the one that did the job though, too much fiddling each time :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.