Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

digipet

Reaction score

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bump. Would like to know also.

I usually do it with USD cheque drawn from respective current account.

Most banks would charge a fee for deposit of USD cheque. Usually can waive if priority / premier ... ask RM

SBI - dont charge. I placed USD FD with them before
HSBC Premier - RM waived fee

aplinchris

Reaction score
I usually do it with USD cheque drawn from respective current account.

Most banks would charge a fee for deposit of USD cheque. Usually can waive if priority / premier ... ask RM

SBI - dont charge. I placed USD FD with them before
HSBC Premier - RM waived fee
It should be this: info.maybank2u.com.sg/promotion/deposits-banking/fresh-funds-top-up.aspx

Tiger9119

Reaction score
Bump. Would like to know also.

1. Use local clearing USD cheque, no charge/fee
2. Standard Chartered Bank USD$aver account but don't come with cheque book, they waived the 1.5% commission when you make deposits in USD.

UOB, OCBC, SC and some other banks have local clearing USD cheques.

merlot6230

Reaction score
I just started with CIMB 1.85% 12 months. Did not want to incur extra upfront savings deposits required by Maybank (1k extra for every 10k)

https://www.cimbbank.com.sg/en/pers...s/accounts/cimb-fast-fixed-deposit-promo.html

Promotion ends in 4 days.

in my view is the best FD 1.85% instead of maybank 1.88% but must lose out saving account deposit of 5k above.

Actually plan to go for 3year endw at hsbc of 2.5% but still pondering bcz of singlife, policypal and others endw.

cracking my head to maxise my fund.

Reaction score
in my view is the best FD 1.85% instead of maybank 1.88% but must lose out saving account deposit of 5k above.

Actually plan to go for 3year endw at hsbc of 2.5% but still pondering bcz of singlife, policypal and others endw.

i dont see anywhere CIMB need to maintain $5k in saving account.

mangomilkshake

Reaction score
I have been highlighting such gimmicks by certain banks for years! :vijayadmin:

I only post good deals by banks offering straight forward no gimmicks FD promotions. :s13:

I like it simple too!

What base rate, prevailing rate, promotional rate, rate on incremental fund? Gets me confused when Maths is not my strongest subject.

sunshinemou

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

just note that the promos for 3 yrs endw (2.5%) at hsbc has ended.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.