Elecom flat Cat6 cables - Worth to buy?

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy flat Cat6 cables because using regular round ones at the patch panel in the DB compartment the round ones are too stiff to bend to close the metal box properly, and I don’t feel good about force bending them to try to close the metal box.

Anyone using this brand Elecom? Worth buying? Or overpriced?

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
I got generic nobrand cables off aliexpress/ebay, no issue. Up to you if brand is worth paying for.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I using u green from lazada. Not bad at all. Recommended

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, I was searching for flat cables and there were links to old discussions here about how the quality of no-brand cables is dubious and all, especially for flat cables ... that’s why looking at branded options.

No one here using these Elecom cables?

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Patch panel need customized length, there a big LAN cable shop SLT which do customized lengths but I'm not sure if they got flat type but they use Belden brand cable. They will help you crimp the heads and any questions you can ask the them.

Last edited:

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Patch panel need customized length, there a big LAN cable shop SLT which do customized lengths but I'm not sure if they got flat type but they use Belden brand cable. They will help you crimp the heads and any questions you can ask the them.
LHS I know. I am currently using their custom-length Belden, which are very stiff, and the reason why I am looking to switch to flat cables.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LHS I know. I am currently using their custom-length Belden, which are very stiff, and the reason why I am looking to switch to flat cables.

have you call them to see if they supply flat type?

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use elecom thin round cable, blue color with gold plating. Quality so far so good and can squeeze under door. No time travel to LHS.

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
My experience with flat is that they break more easily. Just get generic ones from AliExpress.

xJoker

Reaction score
Best is just go with round cables

My hse runs a mixture of flats and rounds. Til date all my round cables has not failed. But I had already replaced 3 out of my 8 flats already.

Anyway my I bought my flat cable from challanger.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I plan to relocate my router for better range and reach. Is it worth getting cat 8 cables? Will it improve synology transfer speeds? Now only transferring data 30mbps wirelessly.

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
i am using cat 8 cables. all my cables are flat cables. cant see any difference from round and flat cables.

Bumiputera

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I plan to relocate my router for better range and reach. Is it worth getting cat 8 cables? Will it improve synology transfer speeds? Now only transferring data 30mbps wirelessly.

Save the $$$$. Best way to improve the Synology transfer speed is connect it to the router using a cable.

Cat 7 cable does 10gbps speed for the max length of 100m while cat does does max 40gbps speed for the max length of 30m (mean the Max length of cable between PC to switch/router or what thing u connect u PC to must be below 30m)

ghgan1

Reaction score
Pls do not recommend TS to upgrade to cat 7, 8 or higher grade cable to achieve more than 1gbps of speed. The reason being, the hardware that can support 10gbps or more are not cheap, unless you have a enterprise budget to change your router, switch, pc network card to 10gbps or more then go ahead and upgrade.

A reliable brand such as ugreen cat 6 flat or round cable is good enough and can be purchase from shopee or lazada.

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I use normal cat 6 cables that I sell

0c353d7c-b6f4-4913-b4da-de94e696676c.png

LwUvrGA.png

PC to Synology

8icTQyL.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.