Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread on good looking good feeling socks?

The trashy cheap ones I have keep getting holes in them after a few wears, stretch out ridiculously and doesn't look good.
Gold Toe or Viccel socks. The latter has synthetics blended into them but are supremely hardy, the latter luxurious in feel.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Gunnerholic

Reaction score
Hi guys. Need your help. I am looking to buy a formal dress shoe ( oxford brown colour ) . I seldom wear them, usually just for weddings etc. Is pedro / aldo a good fit for my budget? Looking for something around $100

oeuvre

Reaction score
Hi guys. Need your help. I am looking to buy a formal dress shoe ( oxford brown colour ) . I seldom wear them, usually just for weddings etc. Is pedro / aldo a good fit for my budget? Looking for something around $100

Pedro and Aldo are not recommended because they use corrected grain leather and cemented construction, so they flake over time with or without frequent use, sole separation are also common.

If you don’t mind used shoes, there are classic looking ones in Goodyear welted construction and full grain leather to be had on Carousell at your budget or with a slight top up. Some are almost new because people simply bought the wrong size online. Can search LLYR, CNES, Loake, Meermin, Ed Et Al at this price point.

runningman.snsd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If seldom wear, just buy saf no. 3 or bata, I see no diff from pedro or aldo

Gunnerholic

Reaction score
Pedro and Aldo are not recommended because they use corrected grain leather and cemented construction, so they flake over time with or without frequent use, sole separation are also common.

If you don’t mind used shoes, there are classic looking ones in Goodyear welted construction and full grain leather to be had on Carousell at your budget or with a slight top up. Some are almost new because people simply bought the wrong size online. Can search LLYR, CNES, Loake, Meermin, Ed Et Al at this price point.

Yea, i had a pair recently, which flakes all over. But thats some cheap unknown brand. Thanks for the info!!

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for an affordable cobbler for heel replacement.

Got a few quotes of mid $20

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for an affordable cobbler for heel replacement.

Got a few quotes of mid $20

Mid 20 is not exorbitant. Maybe can get low 20 or 18 if u try heartland market area make shift stalls. Duno about the quality, so at your own risk.

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mid 20 is not exorbitant. Maybe can get low 20 or 18 if u try heartland market area make shift stalls. Duno about the quality, so at your own risk.
Was on the fence about the replacement, as my sub $100 cemented shoe is 9 months old with mild flaking..not sure if it's worthwhile

Probably will look around cobbler st

[P]rodigy

Reaction score
Hi sorry new user here! any idea why pediwear stopped? i tried to shipped stuff over. but the transaction keeps getting rejected by the bank.

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
QzCjz8Bl.jpg

QFgTmmwl.jpg

Hi guys. Need advise for the above. Still a noob when it comes to working shoea. The above shoe has been worn for almost 2 years, Mon to Fri office job shoes, my only pair of work shoes.

It is GY Welted, with leather outer sole I think. No rubber on the exterior apart from the heel area.

I see a large crack at the front part of the sole, and some cork materials inside.

This kind of damage, how can I prevent it in future? Also, resole is out of the question? Just buy a new one better right? This shoe costs me below $300.

Sent from A Young Urban Professional Who Is Highly Sought After By At Least 3 Companies - Telco, Utility And Credit Card using GAGT

aerolord

Master Member
Reaction score
QzCjz8Bl.jpg

QFgTmmwl.jpg

Hi guys. Need advise for the above. Still a noob when it comes to working shoea. The above shoe has been worn for almost 2 years, Mon to Fri office job shoes, my only pair of work shoes.

It is GY Welted, with leather outer sole I think. No rubber on the exterior apart from the heel area.

I see a large crack at the front part of the sole, and some cork materials inside.

This kind of damage, how can I prevent it in future? Also, resole is out of the question? Just buy a new one better right? This shoe costs me below $300.

Sent from A Young Urban Professional Who Is Highly Sought After By At Least 3 Companies - Telco, Utility And Credit Card using GAGT

Seems un-repairable already, unless you want to go resole the whole things. Looks like EEA shoes, I think they provide resole for their shoe at a cost.

To prevent such things, try to rotate your shoe every day.

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems un-repairable already, unless you want to go resole the whole things. Looks like EEA shoes, I think they provide resole for their shoe at a cost.

To prevent such things, try to rotate your shoe every day.

You really power man! It is indeed from EEA.

Guess I will buy 2 pairs this time and rotate a bit. Sticking to double monk since they are so convenient.

Do guys in SG wear dressy Chelsea boots to office, or is it more of a European thing? I have never seen anyone in my office wearing Chelsea.

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeossal 11.11 Sales! Saphir shoe wax cheap! AMs and Y @ Yeossal at 15% off, TLB 25% off! MTL!!! :s12:

https://www.yeossal.com/

I just hoot the NASSIM OXFORD IN ANTHRACITE MUSEUM.

thanks for SIC.

wanna ask the people here

https://www.yeossal.com/collections/11-11-19-sale/products/string-loafer-in-brown-boxcalf

Anyone has any comments on TLB MALLORCA STRING LOAFER IN BROWN BOXCALF?

interested to get a pair of loafers for causal friday wear

my budget can be up to $300 or abit more if it is value for money

appreciate your kind replies

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.