NUS Graduate Diploma in Systems Analysis

What-san

Reaction score
my session was one to one interview. Received offer letter two days ago

Just got my offer of enrollment letter 2 days ago too :)

Offer letter as in offer of enrollment ?

You must have done pretty well during the aptitude test then

I took my aptitude test in late Sept and had my 1-to-1 interview around mid-Oct. The interviewer did mention that while I did okay in my diagramming component (flow chart), my math and reasoning portion was quite weak (which I randomly hantam during the last 15 mins of the quiz), so don't lose hope! :)

I don't have any knowledge in coding though, so I was advised by the interviewer to at least pick up C# and Java before the course begins. Overall, the interviewer is really nice, they just want to know why you would like to pursue this course (passion) and ask about your experiences etc.

Armaggeddonz1

Reaction score
Just went for my interview today, the interviewer didn't mention anything about the results of my aptitude test. I wonder if we had the same interviewer though, but the interviewer was really nice during the session

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went for my interview today, the interviewer didn't mention anything about the results of my aptitude test. I wonder if we had the same interviewer though, but the interviewer was really nice during the session

means you passed the test la:s13:

Armaggeddonz1

Reaction score
Just got my offer letter recently, planning to buy a new laptop as i have been using my current one for more than 5 years.

Any recommendations on what kind of specs i should go for ?

anonanon1

Reaction score
Just got my offer letter recently, planning to buy a new laptop as i have been using my current one for more than 5 years.

Get a laptop with a decent keyboard and screen.

Most programming tasks are not CPU intensive at all. Laptop with 8GB RAM + SSD should be more than enough, should be relatively cheap.

Almost any programming task will deal with objects stored in memory, so RAM would help in that regard. Unless you'll be working on some ungodly large project (Which you won't as a student), you're not going to need that much RAM. SSD would help your stuff boot up/load faster, which is a nice feeling.

Armaggeddonz1

Reaction score
Get a laptop with a decent keyboard and screen.

Most programming tasks are not CPU intensive at all. Laptop with 8GB RAM + SSD should be more than enough, should be relatively cheap.

Almost any programming task will deal with objects stored in memory, so RAM would help in that regard. Unless you'll be working on some ungodly large project (Which you won't as a student), you're not going to need that much RAM. SSD would help your stuff boot up/load faster, which is a nice feeling.
Thanks for the advice, i am actually planning to buy a lenovo laptop as it seems to be a popular choice when it comes to coding and programming related.

In terms of SSD storage, would you recommend to go for 512 gb or will the the 256gb SSD be enough ?

anonanon1

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, i am actually planning to buy a lenovo laptop as it seems to be a popular choice when it comes to coding and programming related.

In terms of SSD storage, would you recommend to go for 512 gb or will the the 256gb SSD be enough ?

256gb SSD is enough, but I went with 512 gb SSD because of gaming.

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score

always get a mac for coding and programming, that is the default tool of choice or u can buy a windows machine and install linux. anyone that uses windows to do coding is just non-professional.

s.sagi

Reaction score

Hi,

I have applied for graduate diploma in system analysis programme for AUG 2020 intake.
There is an aptitude sample test on their website.

The aptitude sample test on NUS website for this programme is not that difficult to solve but time management could be a challenge. So just want to be prepare best for the test.

Could you please let me know how you prepared for the aptitude test ?? If possible please share the diificulty level of the test you attempted

jgyy1990

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i took up nusiss pcp before. their format very similar to this system analysis program.

s.sagi

Reaction score
How is SA50 dealing with the covid situation?

Hi,

I have applied for graduate diploma in system analysis programme for AUG 2020 intake.

The aptitude sample test on NUS website for this programme is not that difficult to solve but time management could be a challenge. So just want to be prepare best for the test.

Could you please let me know how you prepared for the aptitude test ? Thanks in advance

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Could you please let me know how you prepared for the aptitude test ? Thanks in advance

Just aggaration well, some questions don't need to be that detailed.

it's a paper you can score 100 / 100 if they give you 2 hours but they squeeze it into 1 hour

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.