Eagle Hospitality Trust IPO

Scrabby

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While Ipo placees & cornerstones who got at 80cts kena squeezed, smart retailers can deploy funds sequentially in 2 stages using Keppel KBS-style tactics:

Stage 1:
Ongoing margin call

Stage 2 deployment:
Ahead of first distribution

After CNY, God will Save the Queen.
Thank me later

kenplicity

Reaction score
While Ipo placees & cornerstones who got at 80cts kena squeezed, smart retailers can deploy funds sequentially in 2 stages using Keppel KBS-style tactics:

Stage 1:
Ongoing margin call

Stage 2 deployment:

Thank me later
What is this tactic? Can share more? Thanks.

icebarebear

Reaction score

Stage 1:
Ongoing margin call

Stage 2 deployment:

Thank me later
You claypot jinx

DukeCS33

Reaction score
how come still dropping ?

Who is buying? All the retail players thinking that price has bottomed out? I find it alarming when cornerstone investors and institutional players are net sellers. The news that was supposed to refute allegations and stabilise the share price could not arrest the downside slide..... something is just not right.

Scrabby

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who is buying? All the retail players thinking that price has bottomed out? I find it alarming when cornerstone investors and institutional players are net sellers. The news that was supposed to refute allegations and stabilise the share price could not arrest the downside slide..... something is just not right.

Nothing alarming given that funds bought at ipo price are feeling the pressure. Read the tape carefully meanwhile for further signs of forced selling. Happy Halloween to visitors of the Dark Harbour :D Huat arghhh

sqUn5xP.jpg

MrHighlander

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it due to margin calls ? That concerns me too - insiders selling out

DukeCS33

Reaction score
Is it due to margin calls ? That concerns me too - insiders selling out

Insto tends to have deeper pockets so I do not think it is margin calls. I had a peek at the SGX fund flow report to validate my conjecture and it shows that Insto players are net sellers of EHT while retail is the net buyer. Between the two, I would rather follow the insto flows. I was initially interested to trade this counter but the price / volume action did not give me confidence. The SGX fund flow report while lagging, shows insto as sellers. I would rather stand out of the way.... there are better stocks for me to trade... if anything, I would short this counter if it breaks through the all time low.... it just shows that the market is not buying into any reasons given by the sponsor.

Last edited:

Scrabby

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Solely managed by dbs, 36 entities were placed with >1mil scrips during ipo. Such placees need not be insti but any hnwis holding pb or insignia cards. Being the only reit to underperform so much while the rest are enjoying a year of bountiful returns, the element of regret by now is high. Hence, the behavioural aspects come into play. Its when the greed of 8% yield turns into fear of more capital losses may we find opportunities to turn greedy at the ripe time to capture both double digit yield n potentially dougle digit capital returns. :D

DukeCS33

Reaction score
Solely managed by dbs, 36 entities were placed with >1mil scrips during ipo. Such placees need not be insti but any hnwis holding pb or insignia cards. Being the only reit to underperform so much while the rest are enjoying a year of bountiful returns, the element of regret by now is high. Hence, the behavioural aspects come into play. Its when the greed of 8% yield turns into fear of more capital losses may we find opportunities to turn greedy at the ripe time to capture both double digit yield n potentially dougle digit capital returns. :D

Maybe, maybe not. The high net worth may have deep pockets and need not bail out or regret. Insto needs to be mindful of the pnl impact as they would need to report that on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis. That said, there has been reports of insto players and cornerstone investors selling out. The SGX fund flow report segregates institutional funds from retail. HNW is considered retail.

Yes. I follow your line of thought about buying when others have capitulated. I do not know the sponsor that well and this strategy works only if there is an extreme oversold position and there is a good margin of safety after the asset has been striped off from the numbers crunching. If cash flow and valuation stacks up, maybe it may bounce thereafter. That said, the volume footprint suggests that the selling is not over. There are new buyers but the selling has not exhausted yet.

tonylim1954

Reaction score
If more write to SGX , believe EHT will be under tremendous pressure to get things right from wrong . I have written to SGX , hope more will do so .

DukeCS33

Reaction score
Where to check these?

SGX announcement. Changes in substantial shareholding needs to be declared. That said, if the share price is too cheap, the insiders, CEO, CFO etc or the big investors should be increasing their stakes. This selling by big investors does not bode well for the stock.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.