Vivo Nex 3

superio

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm quite surprised there is no thread discussing on the Vivo Nex 3, the latest addition to the Vivo family!

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/smartphones/tech-review-vivo-nex-3-is-an-all-screen-bezel-less-smartphone

This phone looks like a winner. With its aesthetically pleasing waterfall display, notch-less screen, 3.5mm earphone jack etc.

However, correct me if I'm wrong, it does not have an optical stabiliser for its photography and videography. Hence the resulting photos in low light conditions, and the videos it take won't be as impressive as compared to Mate 30 Pro?

Any opinion on this phone?

Thanks!

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
Already using it for more than 1 week. Not a bad phone. Must get used to the display.

Slvhzes.jpg

Last edited:

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already using it for more than 1 week. Not a bad phone. Must get used to the display.

Slvhzes.jpg

wow.. u got from china?
y ur sides so green? i know is curved.... got got until this green?

side note.. this phone looks like galaxy note 10

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
wow.. u got from china?
y ur sides so green? i know is curved.... got got until this green?

side note.. this phone looks like galaxy note 10

Got from Penang. They launched last week. But side not green la. Is the room light reflection.

Last edited:

superio

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Dear bros who got the phone, how's the video quality? I saw on YouTube that it's quite shaky.. How about photography at low light conditions?

Can share what are some pros and cons of this phone with your experience in using it? Thanks!!!

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear bros who got the phone, how's the video quality? I saw on YouTube that it's quite shaky.. How about photography at low light conditions?

Can share what are some pros and cons of this phone with your experience in using it? Thanks!!!

video quality is just okay. No OIS, and only software stabilisation for 1080p30 and below for rear camera. go to 60fps then no stabilisation. But on the bright side it does have 4k60, which is not available on the Pixel 4. :s13: I guess maybe that's why they're bundling the phone with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for launch promo during their coming event. haha. No stabilisation for the front camera at all.

https://www.vivo.com/sg/products/nex3

Some of the more obvious cons? no stereo speakers, and because of pop up camera, no IP rating. The less obvious is Funtouch OS. It's an... acquired taste. I think regular consumers will probably be okay with it, but if you're a diehard fan of cleaner versions of Android, this is not for you.

Pros? The phone is actually overall kinda nice to use. Screen looks really nice. Coming from the Pixel 4, I still maintain that I would prefer a brighter screen over a 90Hz refresh rate since I use my phone outdoors a fair amount of time, and the screen is noticeably brighter than the Pixel 4. No complaints on performance (SD855+, UFS 3.0, etc). Battery life is really good (4,500mAh), again, coming from the Pixel 4, this is so nice to have.

headphone jack. and it's powered by AKM AK4377A DAC, which is noticeably better than most regular smartphones (LG being the exception probably). I've seen reviews that says the DAC in the older NEX S is better though. But still, it's better than average, and with a decent pair of earbuds, it's really enjoyable.

bonus for me are the capacitive+pressure sensors buttons. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but i dig it.

Anyway, already working on a full review and should have it up maybe tomorrow or sat. :s12:

superio

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thank you bro! If it's not too much to ask, can take a few videos? Wanna see how bad it is without OIS.
Thks much!

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice phone but overpriced, any phone more than $1000 I ban gg

Sent from 版权所有,翻印必究@TUV2008 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.