Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Our relatively young team is probably just a little more experienced than Chelsea's due to the fact that some of them have got many years in the EPL already. But to a certain extent, both sides had second stringers making up the team.

Theirs is not a young team either, just not the one that they've been playing mainly in the last few league games, probably to prevent their star scorer from burning out. Both young managers know that even a minor cup trophy will do at this stage of their careers, and with the teams they have.

Wonderful strike by MarcusR, and he has a few years to keep honing that freekick until he gets as good and consistent as CristianoR is. And he'll probably still be younger. CR was about 24-25 when he started being our main man for freekicks, with consistency.

I don't want to talk about that goal we conceded. Yes the one that our 3 defenders couldn't handle like the one we conceded against Norwich. The type of basic simpleton route-one football that anyone seems capable of doing against us, despite us having the league's next best defender who is supposed to be good at everything except speed. The type of football our own supporters scorn on because it's too SamAllardyce and only fit for League Two football. The type of football we are no longer capable of because we no longer have players who can do flick-on headers or win headers + turn into possession or have pace to outrun and out dribble 3 central defenders or can score a goal from outside the box. Because the players capable of doing those aren't United players.

I really don't want to talk about that goal. Nor the defenders. Nor the fact that it has been happening since the early part of the season.

ScottM can be our captain once he gets another season under his belt. I don't think he reads the game particularly well, but makes up for it with his physical attributes and attitude. Experience will make him a very strong anchor man in midfield. Just as important is his approach to his career - none of the off-the-pitch distractions. Got this feeling he's modelling himself after PaulS, and knowing who not to follow.

Last edited:

rizal5150

Banned
Reaction score
How was lingardino? How many satki dribbles, no-look passes and through balls did he contribute? :s11:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qCk7Xen.jpg

4izfjZ0.jpg

all the way from midfield
I don't want to talk about that goal we conceded. Yes the one that our 3 defenders couldn't handle like the one we conceded against Norwich. The type of basic simpleton route-one football that anyone seems capable of doing against us, despite us having the league's next best defender who is supposed to be good at everything except speed. The type of football our own supporters scorn on because it's too SamAllardyce and only fit for League Two football. The type of football we are no longer capable of because we no longer have players who can do flick-on headers or win headers + turn into possession or have pace to outrun and out dribble 3 central defenders or can score a goal from outside the box. Because the players capable of doing those aren't United players.

I really don't want to talk about that goal. Nor the defenders. Nor the fact that it has been happening since the early part of the season.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How was lingardino? How many satki dribbles, no-look passes and through balls did he contribute? :s11:

he asked to be released from his duty on the pitch so he can strategise how to improve his loss-making merchandise biz.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't Rashford score directly from the freekick during Ole's first game in charge?

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
United’s victory over the Blues on Wednesday was the first time in 21 years in which the Red Devils have claimed back-to-back away wins vs the west London outfit in all competitions.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Funny how MCT39 didn't almost play at all during OGS first 15 games but now he is sort of undroppable. Good work this young man. He reminds me of a taller bigger version of Herrera without the theatricals. If only he can work on his passing onto the final third.

Fred seems like he can't handle BPL pace and physicality.

And disappointed with our 3 x central defenders again.

Brandon Williams deserve more game time.. I hope OGS doesn't slot Luke Shaw back automatically when he's back. He's gonna earn his place back.

Great performance by MR19. Seems like a different player now. Hope he can keeps this up.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spend on defenders liao still conceding such cheap goals
so the next best thing is for strikers to score goals to gain back confidence. let others worry about defending...
Funny how MCT39 didn't almost play at all during OGS first 15 games but now he is sort of undroppable. Good work this young man. He reminds me of a taller bigger version of Herrera without the theatricals. If only he can work on his passing onto the final third.

Fred seems like he can't handle BPL pace and physicality.

And disappointed with our 3 x central defenders again.

Brandon Williams deserve more game time.. I hope OGS doesn't slot Luke Shaw back automatically when he's back. He's gonna earn his place back.

Great performance by MR19. Seems like a different player now. Hope he can keeps this up.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spend on defenders liao still conceding such cheap goals
so the next best thing is for strikers to score goals to gain back confidence. let others worry about defending...

I think the no. of goals we leaked in this season.. make our defence look better than they actually are.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the no. of goals we leaked in this season.. make our defence look better than they actually are.

there will be hope if Young doesn't start among the back 4.

McT is just a typical player... who compensate the lack of technical skills with "hard" tackle to win back the ball.... just like Butts and Fletcher...

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He has a good shot in him. I think a much better player than them 2 at the same age.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there will be hope if Young doesn't start among the back 4.

McT is just a typical player... who compensate the lack of technical skills with "hard" tackle to win back the ball.... just like Butts and Fletcher...

young can be replaced by williams. this kid is good but need more experience.

sandro tonali is a good midfielder with technical skills who can compliment mctominay. got rumour we going for him.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't read too much into it..
will probably end up in another club, maybe Man City, with much lower pay..
even though our management keep saying players are looking for fat paycheck and not really interested to join United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.