120k card that is not miles focused

husky.

Reaction score
I am currently using the ocbc365 card for much of my monthly expenses. Wondering what are my options if I want to get a higher tier card for rebates or similar benefits. I am not interested in miles which all the 120k range cards seem to be focused on.

Gerrad

Reaction score
There are CIMB and BOC Visa Infinite cards in the 120k category which are cashback in nature.
They are pretty easy to get and annual fees can be waived.

But compared to your current card, these are prolly downgrades or sidegrades at best.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The better cards be rebates no need $120k e.g maybank family and friends

tweeety

Reaction score
120K card not necessary good.

Depends on your usage.

always rmb must be high $ usage for miles collection.

husky.

Reaction score
my usage is only about ~$2k per mth on ocbc365. Not interested in miles as I think it is overly hyped and I don't need to take business/1st class, rather have returns every mth which I am getting $150++ from ocbc. Guess I will just stick to this card for now.

Last edited:

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my usage is only about ~$2k per mth on ocbc365. Not interested in miles as I think it is overly hyped and I don't need to take business/1st class, rather have returns every mth which I am getting $150++ from ocbc. Guess I will just stick to this card for now.

Spend $2k can get $150 back every month? I don't know how you do it.

cassowary18

Reaction score
I am currently using the ocbc365 card for much of my monthly expenses. Wondering what are my options if I want to get a higher tier card for rebates or similar benefits. I am not interested in miles which all the 120k range cards seem to be focused on.

Depends on what kind of expenditure you're spending on.

But if you want a $120k card to hao lian, go for the CIMB Visa Infinite. Fee free for life. There's nowhere else you'll get a fee free Visa Infinite.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Credit card and current account rebates

You refer to ocbc 365 card snd ocbc 360 account?
Ocbc 365 monthly rebate capped at $80 only.
Ocbc 360 bonus interest for min $500 card spend cap at 0.45% p.a. for $70000 balance i.e. about $26.25 monthly
Total only $106.25

Not sure what your $2k spending is on but you likely to get higher rebate if you split your spending on other cards. Assuming similar category spending as ocbc 365, you can look at maybank family and friend which give 8% rebate.

peppermint7

Master Member
Reaction score

Are you sure is 0cbc 365? I've spent over 2k monthly in the past but have never gotten more than $80 ** per month. Am going to terminate it soon as I am now holding a few cc in order to get higher than that.

bullshitregister

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right topic to post or share but I think the below is a good plan for non-miles focused people:

1. Maybank F&F credit card
- Get up to 8% with min $800 spend
- Cons - must watch spending category, and capped at $80

2. HSBC EGA Debit card
- Spend min $800 to get higher interest
- Cons - not sure how to recycle every few months (there is a thread on this, but seems complicated)

3. SCB BonusSaver credit card
- Credit salary
- Hit min $500 spending or if spending a lot, $2K get extra interest

Random spending after hitting limits or not in categories
- SCB Unlimited for 1.5%
- Amex Cashback for 1.5%

husky.

Reaction score
You refer to ocbc 365 card snd ocbc 360 account?
Ocbc 365 monthly rebate capped at $80 only.
Ocbc 360 bonus interest for min $500 card spend cap at 0.45% p.a. for $70000 balance i.e. about $26.25 monthly
Total only $106.25

Not sure what your $2k spending is on but you likely to get higher rebate if you split your spending on other cards. Assuming similar category spending as ocbc 365, you can look at maybank family and friend which give 8% rebate.

I just checked my ocbc 360 acc, this month alone got $161.80 rebate from salary, CC spend, boost and step-up bonus, haven't include 365card rebate. I don't go and delve into the exact % returns but the amount has been quite consistent for me.

Anyway, this thread is about higher tier cards with better rebates/benefits but seems like the slight gains offered by other cards are not worth the hassle to jump ship

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why limit yourself to 120k card if a 30k card can do the job? cant think of any reason except for face value

a uob one card is far superior over anything and everything, i will take it anytime vs a $350K uob VI, uob keep spamming latter to all their customers even when we didnt apply for the card

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.