Do u use water filter at home?

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Up for this, finding this ridiculously priced locally as well. I checked out the installation it doesnt really take much effort just an additional adaptor from cold water out.

Anyone did this and where did you get it from?

If there's any issue, you have to ferry the whole set back to Malaysia to service. One way to cut costs is to buy the set in sg and buy the filters in malaysia.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The filters are bleached, won't leach? Also it won't retain water in a moist environment to breed bacteria?

Brass fittings not sure food grade or not, even so, won't mean that it won't leach lead. Can your filter remove toxic in the first place?

Inside the filtration system, if the medium to transfer water is silicon or plastic, those don't have antimicrobial properties. Meaning it can form biofilm aka Jelly like what you can find in air con.

If the water is super clean, until like distilled water. It's not really good for health and is highly erosive.

I deal with medical equipment, later I realised water is not so simple de. :o

newcell

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No one can assure those tank above is clean anymore. All is foreign workers, foreign supervisor, foreign manager and etc etc.

hotyrole

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone has reviews for Livingcare tankless water filtration system (with hot and cold dispenser)? Released 3 months ago under same parent company as Hydroflux and Ruhens.

interested

to be honest, i just want a cold/hot dispenser
hahah what can i get

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I want to install cheap $8 one ... but my stove is beside sink , when cooking the hot air will flow sideways to the filter's plastic casing ... the warm temperature is bad for plastic and encourage bacteria in water

CadburyChan

Reaction score
Instead of a water filter for its super clean / alkaline water, I'm incline to get one for convenience of dispensing hot and cold/room temp water. Of course since no preboiling, then a decent filtration is sufficient. Any brands to recommend for this purpose?

tfkmueh

Banned
Reaction score
Instead of a water filter for its super clean / alkaline water, I'm incline to get one for convenience of dispensing hot and cold/room temp water. Of course since no preboiling, then a decent filtration is sufficient. Any brands to recommend for this purpose?

Research Cosway, malaysia water filter, my bro in law bought one for 10K RM include 5 yrs maintenance/filter change.

Got all the bell and whistle e.g. hot, lukewarm and cold, got 3 water type i think, alkaline, filtered and 1 more i cant remember what.

So if u believe in such water, i guess that is the top of the line.

slogd3ad

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend me a hot & cold water dispenser?
Im seeing alot of local (unknown) brands lately on facebook (mostly all facebook ads keep popping up! ads tracker damn you.)

Only wanted a simple hot & cold water... not sure all those alkaline/filter system is bull, marketing or not... I never dive deep about those stuffs.

Saw Tomal's Freshdew really my fav, slim and all.. but the filter bottle for yearly price really is expensive on the long run...

Hoping I can get some recommendation from you guys.

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im seeing alot of local (unknown) brands lately on facebook (mostly all facebook ads keep popping up! ads tracker damn you.)

Only wanted a simple hot & cold water... not sure all those alkaline/filter system is bull, marketing or not... I never dive deep about those stuffs.

Saw Tomal's Freshdew really my fav, slim and all.. but the filter bottle for yearly price really is expensive on the long run...

well,u can get the 3m hcd2 from malaysia and then get a plumber to install for u. That's what I did. Savings of over 400 to 500 bucks. U can save more if u have a malaysian address and buy from lazada as the price is even lower than when u buy from their distributor and shipped it to sg.

mdax23

Reaction score

Then just buy an electric airpot can already. Lol

yuri2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently, I was looking for a hot/cold water dispenser.
But they were all looking meanly expensive.

In the end, I bought a powerpac electric airpot for $50.
Then fill with filtered water separately.

I gave up the cold water part, since the hot water is more in demand in my family.

slogd3ad

Reaction score
Then just buy an electric airpot can already. Lol

I need hot & cold water, mostly cold ones.

Currently using electric airpot, boil it, transfer the water into a water dispenser (from IKEA), then fill it in a big bottle, keep it inside the fridge.. pretty inconvenience for me.

I think 3M is the cheapest option for me in terms of price, maintenance, filter cartridge price.
Or anyone think otherwise.

Feeshball

Reaction score
About 2k+. The bottom needs about 40-50 cm of height space and a power outlet so if you're installing for a new house, it's easier.
You can PM me if you need a contact for referral.

Disclaimer: Not selling the product nor related to anyone selling the product.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.