[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my guess is the game is very repetitive as you play as a dhl courier going around the world to deliver stuffs. for the first 1-2 hours it can be fun but after that its tiring especially for a 20-30 hours game.
Yea, watched the ign review. Feels like a ultra boring spaceman walking game. Now we know kojima has lost his touches without konami mgs franchise.

Glad that Diablo 4 has been announced for ps4. Not bad for a soon eol console.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea, watched the ign review. Feels like a ultra boring spaceman walking game. Now we know kojima has lost his touches without konami mgs franchise.
To me, he's always been a 'one idea' kind of guy. He gets an idea and he will stretch it out to a game. Remember the time he probably saw the Fruit Ninja phone game and he probably thought, hmm, I have a ninja character too, I can make a game out of it. Then the first thing he did was make a trailer (this guy is all about trailers and hype), without having anything else, like a story, or gameplay. The trailer showed absolutely nothing cos there was nothing to show except his ninja slashing water melon. Couple of years and tons of Konami money later, nothing came out of that. He then outsourced it to another company and eventually released it. And, what do you know, it was just a 'one idea' stretched out to a game with little substance.

Watching the Death Stranding reviews (even the positive one), I can't help but think it's just the same 'one idea' situation.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
They need to learn from their mistakes of D3.

They waited WAY too long to release D3 after the initial announcement. It was about 4 years after the announcement, and then when it came out the way it did all people could say was "we waited so long, and this is what we got?"

I'm all for them "doing it right" but they need to hit the sweet spot of riding the hype and delivering a polished product.

PS5 is releasing on Dec 2020..

the most i give them 2021 to release..

2022 or 2023 who will bother with ps4 version. they might as well develop it for PS5 if they are going to take that long.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Diablo IV Feature Overview

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23189677/diablo-iv-feature-overview-11-2-2019?linkId=100000008839081&fbclid=IwAR2UWmge9MD_ut-ImgFDSpPUsbG4Tcw3coG8nKc9uNuXeL2GzLSkJGvR4CE

OLSA844LMZO51572717239192.gif

C3EFDFQLAC0U1572717237374.gif

NHTX8K6RPYHO1572717238667.gif

8W8PXTKTBXA11572717237859.gif

Itemization

It’s not a Diablo game without tons of new loot to find, and we want to share a broad, top-down approach to our itemization. First, you’ll see the familiar return of most item categories:

Normal -> Magic -> Rare -> Legendary/Set -> Ancient -> Mythic

In Diablo IV, we want Legendaries to be just as, if not more, powerful than Set items. We don’t want you to feel beholden to one particular class set to play your chosen style. Ancient items are a system we’ll be leveraging for Seasons, but we’ll dig into that at a later date. As for Mythic items, these will be so powerful you’ll only be able to equip one of them at a time, so choose wisely!

When it comes to combat statistics, we’ve simplified the math problem. Players should spend more time thinking about stats that change how they play rather than solving arithmetic. Attack and Defense will be your bread and butter; one stat for increasing your damage, and one stat for decreasing damage taken.

More complex stats like Attack Speed or Melee Damage Reduced will still exist; however, these are stats that can change your approach to combat in more than a numerical way. While they might still increase your damage output or reduction, they do so in ways that make you think about the battlefield or which skills work best in different situations.

Some items will also boost individual Talents, effectively acting as bonus points spent in them. If you want to go all-in on Pulverize, you can do so with Skills, Talents, and items!

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Diablo IV Feature Overview

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23189677/diablo-iv-feature-overview-11-2-2019?linkId=100000008839081&fbclid=IwAR2UWmge9MD_ut-ImgFDSpPUsbG4Tcw3coG8nKc9uNuXeL2GzLSkJGvR4CE

OLSA844LMZO51572717239192.gif

C3EFDFQLAC0U1572717237374.gif

NHTX8K6RPYHO1572717238667.gif

8W8PXTKTBXA11572717237859.gif

Itemization

It’s not a Diablo game without tons of new loot to find, and we want to share a broad, top-down approach to our itemization. First, you’ll see the familiar return of most item categories:

Normal -> Magic -> Rare -> Legendary/Set -> Ancient -> Mythic

In Diablo IV, we want Legendaries to be just as, if not more, powerful than Set items. We don’t want you to feel beholden to one particular class set to play your chosen style. Ancient items are a system we’ll be leveraging for Seasons, but we’ll dig into that at a later date. As for Mythic items, these will be so powerful you’ll only be able to equip one of them at a time, so choose wisely!

When it comes to combat statistics, we’ve simplified the math problem. Players should spend more time thinking about stats that change how they play rather than solving arithmetic. Attack and Defense will be your bread and butter; one stat for increasing your damage, and one stat for decreasing damage taken.

More complex stats like Attack Speed or Melee Damage Reduced will still exist; however, these are stats that can change your approach to combat in more than a numerical way. While they might still increase your damage output or reduction, they do so in ways that make you think about the battlefield or which skills work best in different situations.

Some items will also boost individual Talents, effectively acting as bonus points spent in them. If you want to go all-in on Pulverize, you can do so with Skills, Talents, and items!

is ancient going to be same item as legendary just that with bigger number ???

they never learn do if that's true.

3dfxplayer

Reaction score

Looks like the game is about cooperation amongst players to deliver packages. I haven't played the game but I think I know the message Kojima is trying to deliver with the game. Today America (and perhaps the world) has never been more divided since WWII, he wants to remind people that humans only achieve great things when we band together to help one another. The game is likely frustrating if you play it alone without the social chiral network, but if you play it plugged in you get to receive help by using the infrastructure built by other players on the network, part of the joy would also come from paying it forward by building stuff for others.

I don't know if I have the energy to spend 50 hours on such a game since I hate open world games and fetch quests, will probably just watch the cutscenes on youtube or something.

3dfxplayer

Reaction score
They need to learn from their mistakes of D3.

They waited WAY too long to release D3 after the initial announcement. It was about 4 years after the announcement, and then when it came out the way it did all people could say was "we waited so long, and this is what we got?"

I'm all for them "doing it right" but they need to hit the sweet spot of riding the hype and delivering a polished product.

PS5 is releasing on Dec 2020..

the most i give them 2021 to release..

2022 or 2023 who will bother with ps4 version. they might as well develop it for PS5 if they are going to take that long.

D3 was a disaster but I don't think it had anything to do with the development time, great games take time to develop. D3 was a disaster because its garbage, grinding for gear just to face the same enemies (but with more life and dmg) is dumb, it cannot be an end in itself, there is no purpose in such an activity, players were always going to lose interest eventually. The devs were clueless as to what kept the D2 community active for so long, it was actually the PvP community that kept the game alive long after most PvE only players have left the game. You only need to look at D2's "economy" to know who was still playing the game years after its release, items that were only good for PvE were worth nothing while items that gave players an edge in PvP were worth a lot, sometimes hundreds of dollars in real world money.

Also the "load out" system was just plain stupid, its an ARPG, not shooter, people want to develop their own unique characters and feel powerful with them, they don't want their characters to have the same cookie cutter stats as everyone else, relying on items alone to differentiate players is easy but too simplistic to keep the game going for years.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks like the game is about cooperation amongst players to deliver packages. I haven't played the game but I think I know the message Kojima is trying to deliver with the game. Today America (and perhaps the world) has never been more divided since WWII, he wants to remind people that humans only achieve great things when we band together to help one another. The game is likely frustrating if you play it alone without the social chiral network, but if you play it plugged in you get to receive help by using the infrastructure built by other players on the network, part of the joy would also come from paying it forward by building stuff for others.

I don't know if I have the energy to spend 50 hours on such a game since I hate open world games and fetch quests, will probably just watch the cutscenes on youtube or something.
I don't think there is really a message or focus on cooperation. It's just a gimmick added to fluff up the core single-purpose game mechanic. I don't even know if it makes sense story-wise, cos isn't he supposed to be the only one out there? Why doesn't he meet other couriers (players) face to face? It's like the initial No Man's Sky. The 'cooperation' between players is just that you can leave things behind after you use them, like ladder, or bridge (or unfinished bridge which others can continue to build). It's far from even Dragon's Dogma level of 'offline cooperation'. Honestly, I have doubt if those things you find left behind were from real players. Could easily be something randomly generated (same for the 'Likes' from other 'players'), totally fake.

3dfxplayer

Reaction score
I don't think there is really a message or focus on cooperation. It's just a gimmick added to fluff up the core single-purpose game mechanic. I don't even know if it makes sense story-wise, cos isn't he supposed to be the only one out there? Why doesn't he meet other couriers (players) face to face? It's like the initial No Man's Sky. The 'cooperation' between players is just that you can leave things behind after you use them, like ladder, or bridge (or unfinished bridge which others can continue to build). It's far from even Dragon's Dogma level of 'offline cooperation'. Honestly, I have doubt if those things you find left behind were from real players. Could easily be something randomly generated (same for the 'Likes' from other 'players'), totally fake.

I haven't played the game so I'm just postulating, but I think its the only message that makes sense, give the context.

It doesn't need to make sense story wise, its a game... but yeah it does look similar to no man's sky, but the game is literally about delivering packages and overcoming obstacles, no man's sky isn't such a game, those items in no man's sky is unlikely to have a greater impact to gameplay than the items you find in death's stranding.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I haven't played the game so I'm just postulating, but I think its the only message that makes sense, give the context.

It doesn't need to make sense story wise, its a game... but yeah it does look similar to no man's sky, but the game is literally about delivering packages and overcoming obstacles, no man's sky isn't such a game, those items in no man's sky is unlikely to have a greater impact to gameplay than the items you find in death's stranding.
I haven't played Death Stranding either, only saw reviews and let's play, so postulating also.

My reference to No Man's Sky was about the fact that in that game, you are supposedly occupying the same world as other players, you may see traces of them (like planets or creatures they found first and named) but you will never meet anyone (talking about the initial release, face-to-face meeting eventually got added a couple of years later as free update).

As you said, this game is literally about delivering packages (balancing yourself, walking simulation, inventory management), that's the 'one idea', the core mechanic. The rest (the baby, the pseudo coop, the stealth, the combat, the social media, the story, any social commentary about America) are just things added to stretch it out to a game. Some of these added ingredients add to the world building and perhaps gives some emotional connection to the player, but it's still about delivering packages (aka fetch quests). To me, some of those (social commentary messages etc) seem very superficial, artificial and manufactured, unlike say Bioshock series. Anyway, I don't read too much into the story of a Kojima game :s13:.

Edit: Oops, got confused, I didn't watch let's play on this one. I think still under embargo? Was watching Outerworld let's play. That one the writing is really sharp, the dialog is so funny.

Last edited:

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
just watched ign's review on death stranding. i think those who didn't like the slow mechanics of rdr2 will confirm not like death stranding. it looks even slower than rdr2.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Glad that Diablo 4 has been announced for ps4. Not bad for a soon eol console.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Don't think the PS4 will eol anytime soon, most likely another few years of production, then a new PS4 budget version etc before they call it a day.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.