Any tip and trick in topping up patrol?

A Nice Guy

Reaction score
Hi,
Today i am at the SPC, topping up my patrol. This is my first time driving car and topping up patrol. I ask the attendant to top up to half a tank, but he told me unable to, and insist that i instructed how many litres to top up or to full tank.

So i estimate i might need 4 litre of RON 95 ( I assume 1 litre is 10km, 4 litre is 40km, which is enough to for me travel to my destination and back to my origin).

The attendant which help me top up, end up topping up by 5 litre instead of 4 liter. So end up I paying for the 5 liter cost.

Just curious, whether under such circumstance, can I actually insist of paying for the 4 litre, and not the 5 litre, since it is the attendant fault? Is it true that I must specify the number of litres to top up, instead of specifying "half the tank"?

Any tips and Trip for the newbie driver (like me) how to top up patrol and save cost as much as possible?

Just to enhance clarity with response to some of the below replied posts: The car is a rental car.where you need to ensure the reserved fuel light is NOT on, when u return the car , otherwise you will be charged penalty. hence when i collect the car, the previous user already left the remaining fuel near empty. Hence i follow suite to top up to last for short trip back and fro. If this is my car, I would of course, have top up to full tank to avoid wasting multiple trips to and fro the patrol station

2plus is a very small amt, that's true. but I just want to learn from the experience drivers, to see if what I experience is a typical situation, and not that the attendant did it on purpose just to help the company earn that little bit of extra money.

Last edited:

A Nice Guy

Reaction score
In addition, do u need to wait for the fuel top-up to finish, before proceed with the payment? or while the attendant is topping up, we can do the payment?

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
Pump 4l or 5l can save what kind of costs ?

Pump so little and u need to keep going back to the station to pump?

zzt231

Banned
Reaction score
Tell attendant fuel 10....

Joke aside......

I think u can't afford to drive .

Simi 4L , 5L... Wtf pump so little bit. U drive motorcycle??

Sent from 我不是金钱的狗奴才 using GAGT

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Today i am at the SPC, topping up my patrol. This is my first time driving car and topping up patrol. I ask the attendant to top up to half a tank, but he told me unable to, and insist that i instructed how many litres to top up or to full tank.

So i estimate i might need 4 litre of RON 95 ( I assume 1 litre is 10km, 4 litre is 40km, which is enough to for me travel to my destination and back to my origin).

The attendant which help me top up, end up topping up by 5 litre instead of 4 liter. So end up I paying for the 5 liter cost.

Just curious, whether under such circumstance, can I actually insist of paying for the 4 litre, and not the 5 litre, since it is the attendant fault? Is it true that I must specify the number of litres to top up, instead of specifying "half the tank"?

Any tips and Trip for the newbie driver (like me) how to top up patrol and save cost as much as possible?

Dont drive la. 4-5 litre petrol? Can last u how long. Pump petrol also dunno, how u know 1 litre can last u 10km?
Better off taking bus la.

zzzzzzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This kind of situation usually just wave away the pump attendants and pump the patrol yourself so that you can control how many patrols go insai your fuel ten
:(

iceraider

Reaction score
Alamak.. how does the attendant know half tank is how many litre.. diff car diff tank capacity leh.. first time driving or not this kinda thing is kinda basic. I guess u r renting car n top up to return.

Either u tell e attendant full tank, how many litre or how much($). U can only pay when it is done not halfway thru.. anyway 1 litre of petrol onli 2plus.. dun gek gao over it

Hi,

the_r0ck

Reaction score
This is a rental car?

Technically you can argue and not pay for the extra 1 litre, (and they'll probably waive it) cause it's only $2+.

But drivers usually just fill it up.

If it's rental, or you're borrowing somebody's car, then you just go to the petrol kiosk at the end of your journey, and top up to the original level.

HTH.

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So bei cheapo, take people car to drive. At least pump back full tank la.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
TS shld rename from nice guy to gian peng guy

zzzzzzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another trick or treat is give the fuel nozzle a jiggle to shake all the patrols outsai into fuel ten cos u oreally paid for it if not is jin lugi
:(

sigeena

Reaction score
I thought rental car needs to be returned with full tank? That's my practise usually in other countries.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Most likely is rental car. TS very chao kuan. Use liao dont want pump. Only wanna pump abit to return car. Damn self fish.

A Nice Guy

Reaction score
Most likely is rental car. TS very chao kuan. Use liao dont want pump. Only wanna pump abit to return car. Damn self fish.

Haha. Yes. This is a rental car. Not that I chao kuan, but seem like the previous user also doing the same, which i believe he does the same cos the previous of the previous user also done the same. I have updated my thread to explain a little bit more.

Hence I believe you will have done the same if u have collected that car (which already have low fuel) with the intention to drive to and fro for a single trip. U can't possibly keep topping up the fuel to the entire tank, if every time u collect the rent car, u keep topping up to the full tank, if the previous users keep leaving it to near empty tank.

A Nice Guy

Reaction score
Alamak.. how does the attendant know half tank is how many litre.. diff car diff tank capacity leh.. first time driving or not this kinda thing is kinda basic. I guess u r renting car n top up to return.

Either u tell e attendant full tank, how many litre or how much($). U can only pay when it is done not halfway thru.. anyway 1 litre of petrol onli 2plus.. dun gek gao over it

Thanks for your explanation. Yes u r right. Me renting car and topping up to return. I have updated my thread to explain a little more.
This is indeed my first time driving and topping up petrol.

I am ok not to get too gek gao over that 2plus. I just want to learn from the experience drivers, to see if what I experience is a typical situation, and not that the attendant did it on purpose just to help the company earn that little bit of extra money.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You should make a complaint to the PATROL company and Gov stat boards

1. Why are they allowed to sell patrol? Only Certis is allowed

2. By not implanting a x-ray lens on the pump attendant, the Patrol company might have already violated fire safety laws.

3. What if it's a Cherry kill kill 30L and the pump attendant mistaken it as a Marseedee E class 70L? The extra 40L will be pumped into the boot

SuperClubby

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pump yourself la, you think every tank size is the same meh, pls do your own calculations.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.