Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmchaisi

Reaction score
same here, tried the US website and it won’t ship to Singapore when I try to check out

i can't select singapore when checking out the shield pro, although the product description shows that it can ship to Singapore. Is this normal? thanks.

cinson

Reaction score
Order from amazon uk got ship to singapore for nvidia shield tv pro :) I order already more expensive abit I think.
The US one will ship to singapore but you will have to order the $500+ one retailer not the direct amazon supplier. The direct amazon dun ship to singapore yet

Last edited:

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
49001315517_2589d26757_b.jpg

49001111531_2c4d5e4669_b.jpg

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
knife very sharp.. almost $100 markup for the pro version. :s13:

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the new shield tv still lag on singtel cast watching bpl?

My 2017 version is bit choppy. The arm cpu is very outdated, why nvidia never use never version?

And that 16gb internal storage also old, is it emmc or ufs1, installing apps so long.

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
just to share, the Nvidia shield pro can now be ordered from Amazon US site when it's unavailable and under backorder mode. Not sure if the order will eventually be cancelled though. going to try my luck.

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My 2017 version is bit choppy. The arm cpu is very outdated, why nvidia never use never version?

And that 16gb internal storage also old, is it emmc or ufs1, installing apps so long.

There’s some debate around whether it’s the tegra x1 or x1+.
Officially, it’s the latter and should be up to 25% more powerful.
In any case, if there are issues with the Singtel cast, it’s not the chip’s fault. Probably something in between. The tegra chip is capable of handling good bandwidth 4K content.

ac3knight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's the singtel cast app. I've also installed miotv go on it as well, slightly better but still has framerate issues.

Using alternative apps now but they require vpn.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've the 2017 version, worth upgrading to the 2019 version?

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

bodohboy

Reaction score
It's the singtel cast app. I've also installed miotv go on it as well, slightly better but still has framerate issues.

Bro mind sharing which apps? Can’t tahan the frame rate issues anymore

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

In that case, it is the SingTel Cast app problem, buying the new Shield TV 2019 versions will not help.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro mind sharing which apps? Can’t tahan the frame rate issues anymore

Some paid apps mentioned here, like Fox Soccer2Go, US$19.99 per month, you need to use VPN as it is geo-blocked to US.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/epl-fans-can-stream-matches-live-from-us-site

There are other paid apps (legal streaming services at the foreign countries/regions) as well if you want to use VPN.
Ref:
https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/watch-the-premier-league-from-anywhere/

For example if you do not mind Chinese language, then PPTV VIP. That is pretty cheap (RMB 60 or S$12 per month for all things soccer). Not so sure how good the quality is though with the China VPN like Transocks or SpeedIn.
https://vip.pptv.com/sports

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.