Servicing and repair of ev

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any 1 familier with the servicing and repair cost of ev like Tesla model 3 standard or performance ?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gonna wait for awhile down the road as EV is "pretty new" in SG though. Mostly still under warranty i think. Therefore, don't really care much about repair cost.
Plus hardly see this model on the road. very rare like gem... lolz

blurnard

Reaction score
Hong Seh had just delivered their first Tesla car to a local owner..

So still not common.

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My work place all got electric charging le , and ev car is really big tech and fast
Just worry about the repair cost as heard that is very high . Drove 1 in the state and never looking back to petrol car .
My thoughts initially is that ev car got no gear box and hence much faster and lesser maintenance

Gonna wait for awhile down the road as EV is "pretty new" in SG though. Mostly still under warranty i think. Therefore, don't really care much about repair cost.
Plus hardly see this model on the road. very rare like gem... lolz

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My work place all got electric charging le , and ev car is really big tech and fast
Just worry about the repair cost as heard that is very high . Drove 1 in the state and never looking back to petrol car .
My thoughts initially is that ev car got no gear box and hence much faster and lesser maintenance

For your condition, yes, the infrastructure is there for you thus you wana take on EV.
Not all others had that round them.
Well when the vol is low, the repair cost will be high. Just like the initial introduction of hybrid cars in sg. Battery cost can be over 10k or more if replace new set. Now, could be half the price for a new set and even lesser if re-conditioned units.
You see many well established workshop start to invest in hybrid repair.

The infrastructure of EV has not grown as expected and could be many red tapes imposed.
Thus i assumed that one of the many reasons Dyson pulled the plug. :s13::s13:

Last edited:

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u read Goldman Sachs review on ev cars . They think that it is way easier to built as it only make up of 8000 parts compare to combustion engine parts of 30 plus k
So repair an ev should be much easier based on number of parts ratio .
Hybrid is junk generally , ev car is just so high tech , the self driving option is just wow and the collision assist , u can reverse without looking . If there is anything in the way car will auto brake . Basically an idiot alos can drive the car .

For your condition, yes, the infrastructure is there for you thus you wana take on EV.
Not all others had that round them.
Well when the vol is low, the repair cost will be high. Just like the initial introduction of hybrid cars in sg. Battery cost can be over 10k or more if replace new set. Now, could be half the price for a new set and even lesser if re-conditioned units.
You see many well established workshop start to invest in hybrid repair.

The infrastructure of EV has not grown as expected and could be many red tapes imposed.
Thus i assumed that one of the many reasons Dyson pulled the plug. :s13::s13:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u read Goldman Sachs review on ev cars . They think that it is way easier to built as it only make up of 8000 parts compare to combustion engine parts of 30 plus k
So repair an ev should be much easier based on number of parts ratio .
Hybrid is junk generally , ev car is just so high tech , the self driving option is just wow and the collision assist , u can reverse without looking . If there is anything in the way car will auto brake . Basically an idiot alos can drive the car .

Yeah. When technology takes over, human beings becomes more lazier.
Personally, I won't touch EV for the time being :D:D

Stallone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nissan leaf good

Repair cost? There's nothing much to repair. Nothing much to maintain either

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes as the parts are way lesser , so means lesser break down .
That what I am thinking also
Leaf is too small and slow
I looking at some thing fast and bigger , like the model 3 performance . Century sprint is only 2 sec

Nissan leaf good

Repair cost? There's nothing much to repair. Nothing much to maintain either

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I looking at some thing fast and bigger , like the model 3 performance . Century sprint is only 2 sec

Which just gets you behind the rear bumper of the car infront 5 seconds faster.

Stallone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are u trolling?

u noe how much is the Tesla 3 in SG?

if u can afford tt sort of pricing, i dun even noe why u care abt repair n maintenance costs

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The last I check is 240 k like this for a Tesla 3 standard that is around an e class price , what is that you won’t care about maintenance? Repair can go from hundred to above 10 k and beyond based on what are u repairing.
Just a Lexus ES hybrid change a battery is 8 k , u sure u won’t ask ?

are u trolling?

u noe how much is the Tesla 3 in SG?

if u can afford tt sort of pricing, i dun even noe why u care abt repair n maintenance costs

Stallone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The last I check is 240 k like this for a Tesla 3 standard that is around an e class price , what is that you won’t care about maintenance? Repair can go from hundred to above 10 k and beyond based on what are u repairing.
Just a Lexus ES hybrid change a battery is 8 k , u sure u won’t ask ?
240k car with downpayment of $96k n monthly installment of $1988 @ 2.28%

seriously, 8k is nothing

wait till u see the road tax of the tesla 3

veryhonestguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I get your point , but for me I had repair cars that cost me like 20 plus k a year . That why I change new car instead . Repair cost is a factor , like Maserati repair cost is the thing that put me off , not the cost of the car
Repairing in numbers of k is not worth as the car it self is not that expensive. I am comparing the Tesla model 3 and Mecan .
Road tax is not a factor as I like fast car

240k car with downpayment of $96k n monthly installment of $1988 @ 2.28%

seriously, 8k is nothing

wait till u see the road tax of the tesla 3

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.