PS4 or PS5

Elysium87

Reaction score
depends on yr own individual. i would always advise nv buy first batch of the new console as there may be some issue, i would rather wait for their "slim" version or something. but rumours say they might launch normal and pro together, then pro worth to buy. but the starting launch price confirm will be super exp.

there might not be enough ps5 games to play at the start, but if ps5 really can play ALL ps4 games, ps5 is worth to wait then. otherwise i would go for ps4 and buy all the cheap ps4 games to play, wait 2 years later then get ps5 as their price would have drop then.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PS5 release at least 1 year from now (assuming no delay), if you can wait that long then wait.

And wait another year for decent amount of games to appear on it, so total at least 2 years.

MBoI1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seriously just get PS4 first. Still a long way to go for PS5. It might even go out of stock and you lan lan suck thumb.. =D

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Quite a few highly anticipated games are coming early next year also....why wait? Black Friday, get a PRO already! Then start playing the current great library of games. Haha.

Greent

Reaction score
The news i got on hand is

21/11/2020 and price is about SGD700 ++ starting

Not sure how reliable it is ...

dagobah

Reaction score
Though this thread is old, but the topic will be very relevant for the following couples of months.
PS5 is still a good full year away from launch.
If you don't own a PS4, I think this might be a good time to get one.
(PS4 deals are cheaper, PS5 not too close)

Look for a great deal to buy this Black Friday or holidays sale, wait for FF7 Remake next year,
play those great playstation exclusive games of the past years, wait for FF7 Remake PartII 2 years later,
then upgrade to PS5 slim/PRO.:D

Just lucky enough to got myself the Black Friday $389 PS4 slim bundle deal!(mostly sold out)

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It will be fun to see how they artificially break backward compatibility

sillyb0y

Master Member
Reaction score
Though this thread is old, but the topic will be very relevant for the following couples of months.
PS5 is still a good full year away from launch.
If you don't own a PS4, I think this might be a good time to get one.
(PS4 deals are cheaper, PS5 not too close)

Look for a great deal to buy this Black Friday or holidays sale, wait for FF7 Remake next year,
play those great playstation exclusive games of the past years, wait for FF7 Remake PartII 2 years later,
then upgrade to PS5 slim/PRO.:D

Just lucky enough to got myself the Black Friday $389 PS4 slim bundle deal!(mostly sold out)

for 500gb ps4, how cheap is good to buy price?

good buy price for:
PS4 500GB:
PS4 1TB:
PS4 pro 1TB:

is 500gb slim using old model than 1tb? because i heard 500gb is for bundle set deal.

dagobah

Reaction score
Last edited:

Phrajile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A standard PS4 is just 399 now. Use it for a year and that's only $33/month.

Then you give yourself option of waiting out for new games to populate the PS5.
Even if you buy PS4 games now, the PS5 is slated to be backward compatible to the PS4 games, so you aren't losing out in terms of playability.

If you wait out the PS5 to populate for 6 months, that's 1.5 yrs of using the PS4, or $22/month. Lagi cheap.

The longer you wait, the more expensive the PS4 becomes /month.

DO IT!

mliolukiye

Reaction score
For those still deciding on whether to buy a PS4, every minute you take to decide, we, the PS4 owners may be a minute closer to finishing another great game.

Just saying. :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.