Android TV Box

Ultimo_Urien

Banned
Reaction score
who say must use reset hole to do reset :s22:

The procedure for factory reset:

1. unplug power

2. Press [ok] and [back] at the same time on the remote, do not remove.

3. Get someone to help to plug in the power.

4. Release [ok] and [back] once you see the recovery menu on TV.

5. Repeat step 1-4 if necessary.

read this facebook post for more information (need to join before you can read)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/tvboxapps/permalink/1676648149145600/

Wow good advice...

simple_n_eazi

Reaction score
Mi Box S is for global market and it is certified by Netflix. It is also certified by Google so you get Chromecast function as well. It is the best value sub-S$100 box in Singapore.

Another possibility is Amazon FireTV Stick 4K. It supports Netflix a bit better than Mi Box S in that it supports Dolby Vision.

I see taobao mi box s got different version with some variation in prices: Hk, us and uk. Does it matter which one I get?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see taobao mi box s got different version with some variation in prices: Hk, us and uk. Does it matter which one I get?

Do not buy Mi Box S from Taobao. You will get wrong version (Mi Box 4, MDZ-21-AA) or higher price. I just did a quick check and the selling price is around RMB479 plus shipment, more expensive than Singapore.

Buy from Lazada, Shopee and Qoo10. Price is around S$80. Or buy from Mi Shop at S$99 with local warranty (sometimes got offer at S$89).

Mi Box S model number is NDZ-22-AB.

This Lazada shop will have offer price at 11.11 down to S$70. Right now the price is S$83 at this shop.
https://s.lazada.sg/s.Scem

Last edited:

simple_n_eazi

Reaction score
Do not buy Mi Box S from Taobao. You will get wrong version (Mi Box 4, MDZ-21-AA) or higher price. I just did a quick check and the selling price is around RMB479 plus shipment, more expensive than Singapore.

Buy from Lazada, Shopee and Qoo10. Price is around S$80. Or buy from Mi Shop at S$99 with local warranty (sometimes got offer at S$89).

Mi Box S model number is NDZ-22-AB.

This Lazada shop will have offer price at 11.11 down to S$70. Right now the price is S$83 at this shop.
https://s.lazada.sg/s.Scem

That is a great price.
Thanks for the recommendation!

It is quite funny that China selling more ex than here when it was manufactured there lol

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is a great price.
Thanks for the recommendation!

It is quite funny that China selling more ex than here when it was manufactured there lol

You are welcome.

Actually a lot of things are selling at higher price in China even though the production is in China, for example, some luxury brands.

But for the case of Mi Box S, these shops in Taobao are not authorized to sell since Mi Box S is not targeted at Chinese market.

simple_n_eazi

Reaction score
Sorry i am quite new to tv box.
I also see a lot of people recommending H96 max. Is that better? The prices seem lower than mi box s.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

pete10pete

Reaction score
bros...
my popcorn hr died.. my friend wants to sell me his zidoo x9s for a $100.

i need the box to see my synology and i will need to play netflix too.

Question is... is it okay to buy? if not, whats my next alternative?

thank you much

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is this box really that good?

SMART BOX
·
******************Fast TV Box ****************** promotion ******************$199 NETT ******************
******************4GB ram 64GB rom******************
******************Stable & HD******************
******************15 hours customer service******************
****************** One Year One to One Exchange Warranty******************
******************Free delivery And Installation************************************************************************

Do not buy TV boxes from Facebook pages.

Do not buy unknown brand preloaded boxes.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bros...
my popcorn hr died.. my friend wants to sell me his zidoo x9s for a $100.

i need the box to see my synology and i will need to play netflix too.

Question is... is it okay to buy? if not, whats my next alternative?

thank you much

Zidoo X9S is a good box, especially for local/NAS media playing, but not for Netflix. For Netflix you need certified box like Mi Box S.

Review:
https://h-m-entertainment.com/zidoo-x9s-review

redglue23

Reaction score
Anyone using TX3 S905X3? Basic 2GB 16GB version. <--- This one 125RMB can get ah? Can provide the links?

Noob here, please advise if I buy one off TB, how to get the Singapore channels real time? Is there app that I can download on the box? Toggle?

Thinking of giving up the DVB-T2 box (Qoo10 S$20-S$25) altogether and just use 1 android box (since 125RMB only) for each TV but the problem is I android box virgin when it comes to Android TV box and this is for my mandarin-educated elderly parents.

Basic requirement is watch Singapore FTA channels real time (mainly for channel 8 news), then China channels/Chinese documentary/youtube, 1080HD ok, none of my TV is 4K. I must admit my knowledge is limited because yet to understand the vast amount of content available.

One of my TV has broken HDMI ports, only RCA available, for that TV still can use the android box? Is there a HDMI to RCA connector?

Also, since 2017 NvidiaShield top end processor only 2GB/8GB, why are ppl buying the low end processor with 4GB/64GB variants?

Is it 4GB/64GB more for expert users, noob like me basic 2GB 16GB version will do right?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using TX3 S905X3? Basic 2GB 16GB version. <--- This one 125RMB can get ah? Can provide the links?

Noob here, please advise if I buy one off TB, how to get the Singapore channels real time? Is there app that I can download on the box? Toggle?

Thinking of giving up the DVB-T2 box (Qoo10 S$20-S$25) altogether and just use 1 android box (since 125RMB only) for each TV but the problem is I android box virgin when it comes to Android TV box and this is for my mandarin-educated elderly parents.

Basic requirement is watch Singapore FTA channels real time (mainly for channel 8 news), then China channels/Chinese documentary/youtube, 1080HD ok, none of my TV is 4K. I must admit my knowledge is limited because yet to understand the vast amount of content available.

One of my TV has broken HDMI ports, only RCA available, for that TV still can use the android box? Is there a HDMI to RCA connector?

A few comments:
1) DVB-T2 box is better than Toggle, easier for old folks as well
2) If you want to buy Android TV box, you have to learn and provide technical support to old folks. If not, pay for Singtel TV or StarHub TV.
3) New users should buy Mi Box S as their first box, buying from local online shops for around S$80 or Mi Shops at S$99.
4) It is not recommeded to buy box from Taobao for new users. You may lose the money as it is not really worth to ship back if the box is not good.
5) It is not recommeded to buy OEM version of Tanix boxes since the quality may not be good.
6) I will say just forget about the TV with faulty HDMI port. Others may comment on the converters as I do not have experiences with them.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also, since 2017 NvidiaShield top end processor only 2GB/8GB, why are ppl buying the low end processor with 4GB/64GB variants?

Is it 4GB/64GB more for expert users, noob like me basic 2GB 16GB version will do right?

Yes 2GB RAM is enough for Android TV boxes. 16GB storage is also enough. 64GB storage is total waste of money. 4GB RAM may improve the performance of some use cases but not really useful for streaming applications.

But take note of other specification like the wifi. Sometimes the 2GB version will have lousy WiFi chipset and sometimes got no Bluetooth. But if you do not need Bluetooth and use Ethernet, then it does not matter.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

One example Taobo app link. One piece price is RMB150 for the 2GB/16GB version (2.4GHz WiFi only, no Bluetooth). RMB125 is for 20pcs bulk purchase. 4GB/32GB is at RMB200. 4GB/64GB is at RMB220.

Take note this is for OEM version of Tanix TX3, you may not get the same quality of original Tanix version. And I do not know how good is the shop. Buy at your own risks.

【机顶盒TX3 Amlogic S905X3 4G+64G安卓9.0 双频WIFI网络播放器】
https://m.tb.cn/h.es53Vc5?sm=a07e76

Another link. Again buy at your own risk.
【TX3 Amlogic S905X3 安卓9.0 4G+64G 网络播放器 H265 USB3.0 8K】
https://m.tb.cn/h.esJR9hS?sm=70eebc

From Taobao page:

TX3 BOX 有三种配置选择:

1: 2GB +16GB +2.4GHz Wifi +100M

2: 4GB +32GB +2.4G5.8GHz Wifi +100M +BT4.2

3: 4GB +64GB +2.4G5.8GHz Wifi +100M +BT4.2

机器包括:机顶盒+遥控器+HDMI高清线+电源适配器+说明书

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If someone is selling tx3 s905x3 2GB 16GB for 125 RMB, let me know, I will quickly get one although I already have enough tv boxes.

Nvidia has 2 new models for its famous shield TV.

- 2GB 8GB version for those who are only interested in video streaming:
if not playing games, anything more than 2GB is just a waste of money. After loading OS, 2GB box normally still have around 1GB free memory, it is more than sufficient to run video apps which normally use less than 300MB.

- 3GB 16GB version: for those who like to play some games too, simply because many 3d games take up large memory foot prints.

If you are give choices to choose between a good solid box with 2GB 8GB, and an unknown OEM box with 'higher spec' such as better chipset, 4GB, 64GB...., the answer should be the former if you are not interested in games, and probably can spend less.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If someone is selling tx3 s905x3 2GB 16GB for 125 RMB, let me know, I will quickly get one although I already have enough tv boxes.

Taobao shops are selling at RMB150 a piece. For bulk purchase of 20pcs then it is RMB125.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone used ugoos x2 Pro before?

I do not have it but the reviews on Ugoos product seem to be pretty good, Ugoos AM6 is one of the fastest S922X box out there, beating Beelink GT-King. But it is also more expensive.
https://ugoos.com/ugoos-products

But if you read carefully, then you will note that X2 Cube and X2 Pro Hardware are not produced or designed by Ugoos (no Ugoos label) but rather OEM clients of Ugoos, only the FW is said to be designed by the Ugoos team. You do get OTA FW support from based on the website.

https://ugoos.com/x2-cube-amlogic-tv-box-android-9-0-s905x2

Same for X3 Cube, X3 Plus and X3 Pro.
https://ugoos.com/x3-tv-box-family-series-devices-based-on-android-9-0

From the review the firmware feature is pretty good, the hardware specifications are also not bad but I am not so sure about the build quality, especially the reviewer mentions about borderline thermal management. That is a big concern because S905X2 CPU is pretty good in terms of power.

Ref: http://tvboxstop.com/2019-tv-boxes/ugoos-x2-cube-amlogic-s905x2-tv-box-dongle-crossover/
http://tvboxstop.com/2019-tv-boxes/latest-model-ugoos-x2-pro-4gb-32gb-tv-box-review/

To play safe, you may want to get Beelink GT1 Mini S905X2 which has got very good review or the new Beelink GT1 Mini 2 S905X3.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.