HWZ GoPro users

Chua Zhiming

Reaction score
Hi All, need some advice. Which of the 2 options below should I buy Hero7 silver from?

1) Changi DFS : $275SGD
2) Gopro website : $295SGD with 32gb card. (not sure if shipping is free and whether there is extra GST charge?)

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm, so far from the new gopro 8, not really a big jump in difference. so I'll get the hero 7 black instead. anyone knows if there's any difference if we buy those with international warranty versus local warranty? in terms of repair/rma.

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

Tony_Chua

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm, so far from the new gopro 8, not really a big jump in difference. so I'll get the hero 7 black instead. anyone knows if there's any difference if we buy those with international warranty versus local warranty? in terms of repair/rma.

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT

it's big difference

- more smoother than 7.
- better lowlight than 7 (hero 7's low light is the worst. you sure dont like it.)

didn't like gopro because of its terrible lowlight as my main camera is very clear and sharper in everything. now i see gopro hero 8 video review, wah lowlight so not bad. much better than hero 7.

lowlight pic below

goprohero8.png

Last edited:

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
May I seek advice on what type of Sandisk SD cards to use with the Hero 7 Black ?

Ultra or Extreme ? Is 64GB enough for a few days of holiday blogging ?

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I seek advice on what type of Sandisk SD cards to use with the Hero 7 Black ?

Ultra or Extreme ? Is 64GB enough for a few days of holiday blogging ?

Don't be a cheapo. get 128GB at least
extreme-uhs-i-microsd-128gb.png.thumb.1280.1280.png

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's a tip on how to get 25% coupon code from Gopro for Hero 8
Go to their website. Have a live chat conversation with their CSO, can ask anything.

You will receive email from them with the code automatically. Valid for 2 weeks.
Hero 8 price will be SGD 449.95 with free 32GB SD Card and shipping.

the_gryffindor

Reaction score
Here's a tip on how to get 25% coupon code from Gopro for Hero 8
Go to their website. Have a live chat conversation with their CSO, can ask anything.

You will receive email from them with the code automatically. Valid for 2 weeks.
Hero 8 price will be SGD 449.95 with free 32GB SD Card and shipping.

Which country must we select? US or is Singapore fine?

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which country must we select? US or is Singapore fine?

I can't remember what I did. I was just doing a live chat with them as I wanted to inquire about their $100 trade in program for the Hero 8. Can't remember if I was in still in US site (where the promo appeared) or have changed to Singapore.

I just tried, haven't recevied any email from them yet. Hopefully will receive soon.

I got mine almost immediately after I've exited the chat and had the chat conversation emailed to me.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FaOJ2sxl.png

The email I received. Code has already expired.

WBIO1Gul.png

When I was trying the code to see how much discount it was. Not sure if it was tied to the email account that they sent it to or not. There was also discount for the Hero 7 Black when I tried adding it into the cart but it was only 15% off.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

marcansy

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been wanting to get a gopro for sometime. I hesitate with the 7 black cause I was waiting for 8 release.
However, after watching reviews of the pros and cons about it I am rather on the fence about going for 7 or 8.
Hence, I'm here seeking for users' feedback and advise. TAL!

bexar

Reaction score
yes confirmed. i got 25% discount code after feedback about issues with my old camera and purchased hero 8 with discount code. it is no brainer.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes confirmed. i got 25% discount code after feedback about issues with my old camera and purchased hero 8 with discount code. it is no brainer.

The best part is, you can buy more than 1 camera using the code as long as they are all in the cart. ( I tried adding 1 X Hero 8 and 1 X Hero 7 at the same time. Hero 7 received 15% discount.)

defnull

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and i just spoke to Micheal Jordan

u3apmf5.png

lol.......... tell him to show u a dunk

kidding, i think he will be tulan if u ask

anyway i bought a gopro hero 8 and cancelled it after watching review......... wah lau cant remove the lens/cant repair

waiting for next better player

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

anyway i bought a gopro hero 8 and cancelled it after watching review......... wah lau cant remove the lens/cant repair

Same reason I didn't end up getting one. Especially since their Gopro Plus camera replacement program is also no available for our country. All the good deals only available for US or EU with US having the best with Best Buy warranty.

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i told him 6 rings!. he was totally cool throughout just that i was never offered the code. :(:s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.