NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

earlgreymilktea

Reaction score
Hi all!

I’m an applicant from Sept batch. Would like to check if anyone from my batch has their status updated in Career@Gov? I did receive the processing email. However, based on the previous replies, it seems like if I am a successful applicant, I should also see a change in status in the portal. I think some older posts also mentioned that the processing email is like a prelude to rejection email. Can any successful applicant advise if it is normal not to have the status change after so long (been 6 weeks since my interview) and if anyone is also facing the same situation as me... T^T

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting ❤️
Hi I'm in the same situation as you! Sept batch, received processing email and status still 'In Process'! As 'teacherwip' said, it seems like they are clearing in batches. Ppl who have received 'shortlisted' status are mostly from July/Aug batches. Hopefully, it will be our turn soon :)

Nnameless

Reaction score
My guess is if they are busy finalizing with sending letter of offers to the shortlisted (Round 2) batch, they would not be giving updates anytime soon to the Round 3 batch (Aug batch). Unless someone from Round 3 has any updates.

Purinbi

Reaction score
Hi all, is it possible to be rejected after being shortlisted? I have not received any letters for medical checkup, but I went for my regular checkup with Minmed earlier this year, as my husband is a teacher and have discount. My status was changed to shortlisted after they called me to ask me for more CPF information, mentioning to me that they are computing my salary package. Should I be worried that I’ll get rejected after being shortlisted?

Elizalmo

Reaction score
Hi I'm in the same situation as you! Sept batch, received processing email and status still 'In Process'! As 'teacherwip' said, it seems like they are clearing in batches. Ppl who have received 'shortlisted' status are mostly from July/Aug batches. Hopefully, it will be our turn soon :)

Hey Earlgreymilktea, thank you for the reply. It is assuring to know that I’m not the only one facing this situation. Hope we do get some updates soon 😊. I’ll let you know if I have any update❤️

Elizalmo

Reaction score
My guess is if they are busy finalizing with sending letter of offers to the shortlisted (Round 2) batch, they would not be giving updates anytime soon to the Round 3 batch (Aug batch). Unless someone from Round 3 has any updates.

Good point! The July/Aug batches should receive the letter of offer by today right?

tasha123

Reaction score
Hi has anyone been given a music audition date and time already?

it's supposed to be between 12 Nov - 19 Nov 2019, and MOE said that NIE will arrange a date for me but I've yet to hear anything from NIE.

monkeybro

Reaction score
I suspect they are sending out in batches. The people who received the letter went for medical checkup in the first/second week of sept. I went for medical towards the end of 3rd week of sept and haven’t gotten any letter too. I think we will probably receive news next week.

recievced such reply from the ministry stating the outcome would be postponed.

July batch here and it seems that i have to wait for a while before clearance...

We are in the midst of processing your application. As more time is needed to process your application, the latest date you would receive the Letter of Possible Offer if your teaching application is successful would be postponed.

chilipeppers

Reaction score

July batch here and it seems that i have to wait for a while before clearance...

We are in the midst of processing your application. As more time is needed to process your application, the latest date you would receive the Letter of Possible Offer if your teaching application is successful would be postponed.

I’ve emailed them last week but they have not replied me.

Max_power

Reaction score

Thanks! Did they share with you a revised timeline?

amyyee

Reaction score
Hi has anyone been given a music audition date and time already?

it's supposed to be between 12 Nov - 19 Nov 2019, and MOE said that NIE will arrange a date for me but I've yet to hear anything from NIE.
Same here. Have not heard from NIE regarding the exact date for the Music Audition.

Max_power

Reaction score
I have received a couple of messages from you guys. Similarly, I'm from the July interview batch and have yet to receive my offer letter.

Suspect it could be next week, or we could be bumped to the Feb 10 batch instead.

Will update all if I have any news. Meanwhile, enjoy the weekend first. Cheers!

Last edited:

milktea98

Reaction score
hello! who took the english ept have any tips?

I'll be taking it 19 nov, just wondering if anybody knows what to take note of for the el ept? is it difficult to pass if you took it?

I got a B3 for English OLevel and A for Alevel GP, currently majoring in english lit in uni.

Last edited:

plshelpp

Reaction score
hello! did anyone take the english ept have any tips?

I'll be taking it 19 nov, just wondering if anybody knows what to take note of for the el ept? is it difficult to pass if you took it?

I got a B3 for English OLevel and A for Alevel GP, currently majoring in english lit in uni.

What did u apply for?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.