Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac3knight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my old shield runs well, no urge to upgarade, but controller sux though

Try the app store controller. It's been upgraded with options for three types of "controllers" - swipepad, track pad and dpad. It also has a keyboard so much easier to type.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my old shield runs well, no urge to upgarade, but controller sux though

Lemme guess, the thumbsticks are sticky? they don't center well?

If it the case, just dismantle the controller and clean it. Works for me. :)

kimutaku

Reaction score
Actually what’s the point of buying the pro model when GeForce now is not supported in Asia? What do you guys use the shield for? Emulator?

plantnotion

Reaction score
Got a Question for the bros that are using Nvidia Sheid. How does GeForce Now works? Do you load the games from your PC and graphics card to be stream across to your Nvidia Box and TV to play on?

How is the gaming experience on GeForce Now, any lag?

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lemme guess, the thumbsticks are sticky? they don't center well?

If it the case, just dismantle the controller and clean it. Works for me. :)

The controller battery runs down very fast and I am not an intensive user.

Also occasionally my remote fails to connect shield but the controller can and vice versa. Already ruled out local usb 3 interferences ..

ac3knight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's here! 3 days ahead of schedule. Came with the trtl pillow+ ��

GcvPBuw.jpg

hGKvrxp.jpg

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to give a review of the new Shield TV? Does the upscaling work well?

More importantly, does apps such as Dragon TV/IPTV smarters or Toggle work?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to give a review of the new Shield TV? Does the upscaling work well?

There are many reviews online.

It still runs Android TV OS so the answer is the same as old version of Nvidia Shield TV or the Mi Box S in terms of Toggle and Dragon TV.

Toggle: said to be incompatible (not able to install) but you can cast from mobile phone.

Dragon TV: should be compatible as it works on Mi Box S.

BTW, if your main focus is Toggle and Dragon IPTV, then it is a waste of money to buy Nvidia Shield TV, just buy Mi Box S.

Last edited:

ac3knight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

AI upscaling quality varies on the source and type of content. Nvidia uses a deep-learning network for AI upscaling, so it should improve over time.

At the moment, when I play random videos, the picture is definitely clearly and more detailed although at the default setting ("medium" AI enhancement) I feel that some videos still appear a bit oversharpened. If it bothers you sometimes then turn the AI upscaling to "low".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.