Torn in between MacBook Air & MacBook Pro

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking at the refurbished MacBook Air (2019). And because the MacBook pro (2019) don’t have the refurbished as of now, im forced to compare between these 2.

The savings are $550!
The refurbished MBA is like $1,350. The brand new MacBook pro is $1,900.

Only thing holding me back is the pro’s quad core processor just sounds more yummy.

My daily use are actually email replying, some numbers and pages app. Web.

No 3d rendering or movie/photos processing.

Do I really need the quad core or is the MBA dual core good enough?

Current mac is a macbook 12”

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking at the refurbished MacBook Air (2019). And because the MacBook pro (2019) don’t have the refurbished as of now, im forced to compare between these 2.

The savings are $550!

Only thing holding me back is the pro’s quad core processor just sounds more yummy.

Sounds like a Mba to me

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a Mba to me
Thanks. thats what i thought so also...

until i read an article about the 2019 MBA, the processor seemed to be no better than my 2015 macbook. Which is a bummer as i find my current macbook quite lag when i doing heavy email replies and webstore management.

bodohboy

Reaction score

The savings are $550!

Is your current MacBook still useable? If yes, then just wait for the refurbished baseline MacBook Pro to be available then change. If not, get at least 16GB Ram on the MBA, will help when you open a lot of web tabs

Last edited:

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is your current MacBook still useable? If yes, then just wait for the refurbished baseline MacBook Pro to be available then change. If not, get at least 16GB Ram on the MBA, will help when you open a lot of web tabs

I was thinking if a 256SSD will help or the upgrade of RAM will be better?

Also, im looking at the refurbished section where there are more bigger SSDs as compared to higher RAM
My current macbook 256gb already more than half used up. Its in iCloud most of the time though.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also, would a 16gb ram MacBook Air works smoother than a 8gm ram Macbook Pro?

bodohboy

Reaction score
I was thinking if a 256SSD will help or the upgrade of RAM will be better?

Also, im looking at the refurbished section where there are more bigger SSDs as compared to higher RAM
My current macbook 256gb already more than half used up. Its in iCloud most of the time though.

The way I view it is since RAM is not upgradable then might as well go for the highest available for future proofing(Macs can prolly last about 5-7 years) whereas for storage wise can find alternatives such as iCloud Storage subscription, external SSDs that can be bought for cheap and NAS.

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I say hold off for now. 16" MacBook Pro might be coming soon and decide after.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u want portability, I would say MacBook Air. But if u prefer performance, I would choose pro. Either way you are ok one. Personally I am using pro because there is no new air when I purchase the pro. If not likely I get air

ksksksks

Reaction score
I would say just go for the base model MacBook Pro.

There’s no need to get refurbished. Find a student and get educational price :D

P/s: where’s the MacBook Pro 16 inch? :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.