[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC86U

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually i wanna get wifi6 router but then heard from frens say still havent really stable yet and not many devices support it.

i nearly change all my wifi cards on pc and thinkpads to ax200 lol

behling

Reaction score
my place have both routers, difference between speed for me is around 660mbps on my iPhone 11 Pro max on RT-AC86U, if I connect to AX88U on wifi6, then my speed on my iPhone 11 Pro max is around 800mbps. Around 140-200mbps difference, depends on whether your device can support. If you got extra cash or want future proof, go wifi6, if u just want smth good and fast, 86u no horse run really ...:s13:

Thanks for the feedback.

actually i wanna get wifi6 router but then heard from frens say still havent really stable yet and not many devices support it.

i nearly change all my wifi cards on pc and thinkpads to ax200 lol

Yes, I read up about it. The spec template for wifi6 standard is out but not officially launch. Vendors just making routers based on the spec sheet and further improve them later with firmware updates. Like the bro say unless u wanna future proof then go wifi6. So I guess the bottom line is, if ur current infrastructure of ac86u being the top dog is still insufficient, then a complete overhaul to ax would be the next step. For me I guess not yet as currently only 2 iPhones 1tv 1pc in the house. Will stick to the free netgear from vq for the moment.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I read up about it. The spec template for wifi6 standard is out but not officially launch. Vendors just making routers based on the spec sheet and further improve them later with firmware updates. Like the bro say unless u wanna future proof then go wifi6. So I guess the bottom line is, if ur current infrastructure of ac86u being the top dog is still insufficient, then a complete overhaul to ax would be the next step. For me I guess not yet as currently only 2 iPhones 1tv 1pc in the house. Will stick to the free netgear from vq for the moment.

Official already, rectified already :D

eting72

Reaction score
thx all, will give it a try

just an update...managed to find the ip address which was somehow changed to 198.168.50.1 without me even knowing...even the dns was changed, was previously using google dns. wonder is my network hacked :eek:
used that to log in and changed it back to the default, updated to latest merlin fw

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just an update...managed to find the ip address which was somehow changed to 198.168.50.1 without me even knowing...even the dns was changed, was previously using google dns. wonder is my network hacked :eek:
used that to log in and changed it back to the default, updated to latest merlin fw

dun use google dns liao. can try cloudflare wan 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

it's the fastest and they dun really track what u visit like google

eting72

Reaction score

maserluv

Reaction score
Hi Charlie,

How do I use the taobao to send to Singapore?
I mean when i click buy, it say the item cannot be send to singapore address.

Regards Wayne

wa damn impressed with this clip-on $7 tiong-made cooler from taobao..