Tempted to try custom loop

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like real fun. But would an AIO be safer / less leaks? My GPU cooling is good, I'm mainly looking at CPU.

Reaction score
Just get the air cooling kind, cheap and easier to maintain

Sent from Rem Is Best Waifu using GAGT

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like real fun. But would an AIO be safer / less leaks? My GPU cooling is good, I'm mainly looking at CPU.

as a first timer , decide on which type of petg tube and the size to get first

For fittings, the size of the thread is also indicated in inches.
The thread is indicated with a G in front.
The most popular thread size is G1 / 4 ".

then consider Example:
If you order a 1/2 " ID tubing , then you will have to get a fittings with an inner diameter of 1/2" (13 millimeters).

The three most popular tubes ID are:
1) 1/2 "(13mm inner diameter)
2) 3/8 "(10mm inner diameter)
3) 5/16 "(8mm inner diameter)

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Want do it then do it lor. No one stopping you.

The thing about water cooling is it cool majority of the system, not just cpu and gpu.
Custom loop can cool cpu, motherboard components, gpu, nvme and ram.

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Want do it then do it lor. No one stopping you.

The thing about water cooling is it cool majority of the system, not just cpu and gpu.
Custom loop can cool cpu, motherboard components, gpu, nvme and ram.

I think you mean Air cooling, not water cooling.

Custom loop usually only cools CPU and GPU.

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as a first timer , decide on which type of petg tube and the size to get first

For fittings, the size of the thread is also indicated in inches.
The thread is indicated with a G in front.
The most popular thread size is G1 / 4 ".

then consider Example:
If you order a 1/2 " ID tubing , then you will have to get a fittings with an inner diameter of 1/2" (13 millimeters).

The three most popular tubes ID are:
1) 1/2 "(13mm inner diameter)
2) 3/8 "(10mm inner diameter)
3) 5/16 "(8mm inner diameter)

Oh, I would definitely go acrylic hardline. the whole process of bending the tubes, cutting, deburring, etc, is the fun DIY project part. Just not sure if it makes sense to get all the tools for just 1 project in the long run.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, I would definitely go acrylic hardline. the whole process of bending the tubes, cutting, deburring, etc, is the fun DIY project part. Just not sure if it makes sense to get all the tools for just 1 project in the long run.

Just need a heatgun, saw cutter, deburrer, sandpaper (800grits & 2000 grits) for hardtube bending.

Tools are 1 time purchase and can last long. The materials will be the costly one as you may need to redo some bends if done wrongly even by few mm.

I think you mean Air cooling, not water cooling.

Custom loop usually only cools CPU and GPU.

Nvme ssd, ram, NB/SB of mobo, HDD, PSU can all be watercooled. Just a matter of want to do or not.

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score

i have just completed my custom cooling computer and have all the bending tool including Dewalt 2000W heat gun. let me know if you need them

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree! So far I haven't seen anything negative about Barrow. Its the same as BP.

Thanks for all the advice so far... right now I'm looking at a 420mm rad for the front panel (coolest air intake, quiet).

Between Barrow/BarrowCH and EKWB, which one is more "leak proof" in your experience? Is there a big difference in terms of the noise/reliability of the various pumps?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.